Faithophobia

Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:34 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Faithophobia

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
that's what the religious fall back on when they can't win the argument: "it's mother nature! " (even if science shows it's not) or it's men! they can't help it (even though there are many men who can).

oh well. nice try.
Ummmm... there isn't really anything in this.

Some religions say we are all equal. Which is really where equality derives from in religions defence.

Also why can't a pregnant women lift heavy objects on her own? Mother Nature ensures her daughters give birth and have the vulnerabilities that go with it.

Lastly if women tennis players want to be paid the same as men they why can't they play in the same matches and competitions and earn it?

Last edited by JamesM; Jan 16th 2015 at 7:37 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:35 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Not forgetting rappers, and black urban music in general. Let's bring racial politics into this one as well, it's Friday afternoon after all...
Yup. This is that time where peak fatigue hits from those Thursday night tipples and one is particularly crabby until another tipple can be grabbed.

Last edited by JamesM; Jan 16th 2015 at 7:37 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:40 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

well, if a guy loses one arm he's going to need help picking shizz up.

And dammit, why aren't male gymnasts getting more attention?

I don't really get your point. Lots of women aren't pregnant most of the time, so...yeah. Lots of people are vulnerable for different reasons. None of what you said really addresses the specific issue I was talking about, which were the many examples of gender discrimination in religious books. If only they said something like "if a woman is 8 months pregnant, give her a seat on the bus, and don't avoid eye contact and pretend she's not there". but they don't. Instead they say things like " a menstruating woman is unclean, she can't come into a religious building" "a woman's evidence is worth half a mans" "eve ate the apple and caused sin" and on and on and on, all of which devalues women and puts us in the power of men.

But by all means, keep trying to make this about something it's not.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:47 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

well, if a guy loses one arm he's going to need help picking shizz up.

And dammit, why aren't male gymnasts getting more attention?

I don't really get your point. Lots of women aren't pregnant most of the time, so...yeah. Lots of people are vulnerable for different reasons. None of what you said really addresses the specific issue I was talking about, which were the many examples of gender discrimination in religious books. If only they said something like "if a woman is 8 months pregnant, give her a seat on the bus". but they don't. Instead they say things like " a menstruating woman is unclean" "a woman's evidence is worth half a mans" and on and on and on, all of which devalues women and puts us in the power of men.

But by all means, keep trying to make this about something it's not.
I'm always scared to ask a women if she is pregnant. What if she just over eats? It really is a game of walking on egg shells.

I'm not sure what your point is?

You say religious books talk down about women but as pointed out they were written by men with agendas.

When was the last time you went to court and were told you were unclean or your evidence was worth half? It's never happened to you in your life.

Men and women were created differently. That is a scientific fact.

You need to deal with your victim mentality that you seem to be pushing forward at each opportunity.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:50 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

I've just given a very concrete example of how that mentality continues today.

if by 'created differently' you mean our species evolved sexes as a form of reproduction and as a means to randomly swap genes to enable survival then...yeah, okay, so, and? So what?

your last line - I guess I won cos you're veering into the ad hominem attack with that one! HA!

Last edited by ExKiwilass; Jan 16th 2015 at 7:52 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:55 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I'm always scared to ask a women if she is pregnant. What if she just over eats? It really is a game of walking on egg shells.

I'm not sure what your point is?

You say religious books talk down about women but as pointed out they were written by men with agendas.

When was the last time you went to court and were told you were unclean or your evidence was worth half? It's never happened to you in your life.

Men and women were created differently. That is a scientific fact.

You need to deal with your victim mentality that you seem to be pushing forward at each opportunity.
Kiwi isn't pushing a victim mentality, she is highlighting how the ancient religious teachings (still followed by some) have led to instances where women are considered second class citizens. Why is it that in any mosque, women have to sit at the back? Why do people support that kind of mindset in this day and age. And now in our schools and universities, ideas of segregation are creeping in by conservatives.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:57 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

I've just given a very concrete example of how that mentality continues today.

if by 'created differently' you mean our species evolved sexes as a form of reproduction and as a means to randomly swap genes to enable survival then...yeah, okay, so, and? So what?

your last line - I guess I won cos you're veering into the ad hominem attack with that one! HA!
Good to see you acknowledging that men and women are different.

You won what??? This isn't Connect 4.

It's not religion that suppresses women it's men who do it in the name of religion, politics or what ever their excuses is.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:58 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Shard
Kiwi isn't pushing a victim mentality, she is highlighting how the ancient religious teachings (still followed by some) have led to instances where women are considered second class citizens. Why is it that in any mosque, women have to sit at the back? Why do people support that kind of mindset in this day and age. And now in our schools and universities, ideas of segregation are creeping in by conservatives.
If we did away with religion do you not think we'd still have prejudices in the world?
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:02 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

It's not religion that suppresses women it's men who do it in the name of religion, politics or what ever their excuses is.
How are women suppressed in politics in this day and age ?
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:11 pm

that's not what I said.

you went there with a personal attack, so, by the rules of good debate I win.

to your last line: rubbish. The suppression is right there in the "holy" books.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:13 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

that's not what I said.

you went there with a personal attack, so, by the rules of good debate I win.

to your last line: rubbish. The suppression is right there in the "holy" books.
You don't think men and women are different? That is very bizarre.

It wasn't a personal attack. It's just your victim mentality kicking in again.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:15 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by magnumpi
How are women suppressed in politics in this day and age ?
I don't know.

How are women in politics suppressed these days?

As I have to remind people in this office. Contrary to what people say about me I don't know everything.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:19 pm
me/moi

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

If we did away with religion do you not think we'd still have prejudices in the world?
Definitely, but far fewer.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:21 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know.

How are women in politics suppressed these days?

As I have to remind people in this office. Contrary to what people say about me I don't know everything.
I will tell u how men supress women in politics shall I ?

They don't !!

It was just a bull shite remark u made, and ment nothing as usual, but like u said u don't know everything so can't be blamed for yet more dribble.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 8:40 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I will tell u how men supress women in politics shall I ?

They don't !!

It was just a bull shite remark u made, and ment nothing as usual, but like u said u don't know everything so can't be blamed for yet more dribble.
If women aren't suppressed in Politics why are there so few in politics?

Go and learn to spell suppress.

Then go and research the topic properly.

Then come back and accuse people of speaking drivel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.