Even fewer standards

Old Feb 5th 2013, 7:18 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Even fewer standards

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Do you sit with your foot on the brake at lights, or do you slip it into N?
Neutral and handbrake in the civic just like I was taught in the motherland

In the other car it depends how long Im there and if the sube tranny is doing that weird throbbing thing that goes away in N.... Got to have some sort of brake on though (foot or hand) in case you get rear ended...
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:46 am
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink
Its pretty bizarre that its emission rules that prevent diesel availability in North America. Lower NoX levels or something. Never mind the fact that they get better mileage and have lower CO2 levels.
I was reading that Mazda are working on the diesels for over here. The low fuel quality causing issues for the emissions. There was even talk somewhere that they may bring them into the US but not Canada.

As for transmissions, auto for my daily (read traffic jam) driver and standard for my 7 and the Cossie.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

Driving automatic in the snow scares me. No feel of the road.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger
Driving automatic in the snow scares me. No feel of the road.
Eh? You apply gas in an automatic in exactly the same way as you do in a manual. Other than changing gear when you wish to, how does driving an automatic in the snow differ from driving a manual in the snow?
Old Feb 8th 2013, 2:57 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Other than changing gear when you wish to, how does driving an automatic in the snow differ from driving a manual in the snow?
You answered your own question there AC.
Old Feb 8th 2013, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
You answered your own question there AC.
Granted, but I fail to see how that affects "feel" and, with autos, one can use the first few gears "manually".
Old Feb 8th 2013, 12:16 pm
Meh

GavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud ofGavinR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Granted, but I fail to see how that affects "feel" and, with autos, one can use the first few gears "manually".
Well on decel there is a difference, most auto's freewheel, sort of.