Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is the Ethics Commissioner on a hat trick?

Is the Ethics Commissioner on a hat trick?

Old Jul 11th 2020, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is the Ethics Commissioner on a hat trick?

Well if politics was a sport would we all now be rooting/cheering or dreading the Ethics Commissioner scoring a hat trick?

But but Harper will be the cries of some. Admittedly he was found in contempt of Parliament and didn't have a great record against the Supreme Court of Canada but would somebody post a link where he directly was found guilty by the Ethics Commissioner?

So it just goes to show that all Govts be they Conservative/Liberal in Canada are guilty of multitudes of various criminal and nefarious dealings and still expect you the voter to vote for them and in some cases overlook/excuse what they have done because you like his hair or thinks he wears trendy socks. Granted you don't vote for him unless living in his riding but he/she is chosen by the Party you support. Cant be too critical of the NDP, Bloc or Greens because they never have or will become the Government as Canadian voters are stuck between the Cons and Libs and keep voting for them yet expecting different results. Didn't a famous scientist use a quote or have one attributed to him about doing the same thing over and over again?

Personally I hope he gets a hat trick and is not substituted and goes on to score as many goals as possible regardless of the opposition.
Perhaps Trudeaus family should accept that the charity is called WE and not ME but given the payments to the family I guess WE is appropriate.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the Ethics Commissioner on a hat trick?

"I made a mistake in not recusing myself. I am sorry," Trudeau told reporters.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...ract-1.5647515

He missed out the "I got caught"

123 views prior to posting this. So either the 123 don't care about Canadian politics, 123 are PR's and cannot vote or 123 are Liberal voters
Cabinet privileges will no doubt be invoked should he and Morneau and others be investigated.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't vote, don't like the Liberal party or Conservative Party, dislike the current PM and of course he isn't sorry, he only says this because he got caught.....

Old Jul 13th 2020, 10:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I can't vote, Liberal party too right wing, Conservative Party even more right wing and I like the current PM because he mostly conducts himself like the leader of a country should.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I can't vote, Liberal party too right wing, Conservative Party even more right wing and I like the current PM because he mostly conducts himself like the leader of a country should.
He was a drama teacher FFS of course he knows how to conduct himself. Yes when reading from notes or a teleprompter he does appear to conduct himself like a leader should. Now ask him questions with no script he becomes a different person and does stumble or just refuses to answer or give the party line.

If Ted Bundy was as eloquent I guess you would have found him Not Guilty
Old Jul 13th 2020, 10:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
He was a drama teacher FFS of course he knows how to conduct himself.
Is that because teachers know how to conduct themselves or actors?