Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The eclipse has started in Saskatchewan

The eclipse has started in Saskatchewan

Old Feb 21st 2008, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The eclipse has started in Saskatchewan

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Meeting? you're intergrating already
We thought the meeting was about getting to know your neighbours and other town folk and about all the services and businesses IH has to offer. It was actually a working group who were discussing and setting up a committee to organise such an event in May So now OH and I are on the Town sub-committee about how to make newcomers to IH more welcome - and we're only here five weeks

I used to organise a lot of events in my job back in NI and they thought my ideas were brill and are going to use them for the day

So you could say we are integrating all right.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:09 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlvicSK
We thought the meeting was about getting to know your neighbours and other town folk and about all the services and businesses IH has to offer. It was actually a working group who were discussing and setting up a committee to organise such an event in May So now OH and I are on the Town sub-committee about how to make newcomers to IH more welcome - and we're only here five weeks

I used to organise a lot of events in my job back in NI and they thought my ideas were brill and are going to use them for the day

As my mum would have said bless her

"Sounds like you would be in if you had to pay to get out!"

Well done you two
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlvicBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops

As my mum would have said bless her

"Sounds like you would be in if you had to pay to get out!"

Well done you two
Bless your Mum indeed that is very funny

Are we mad or what?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:22 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Here are some that I took at various stages - no doubt Steve P will put us all to shame in due course
Nope Steve wont be putting anyone to shame.

I tried a couple early before the eclipse started and they were rather fuzzy and out of focus so gave up on the whole thing.

It wasn't until after the eclipse was over that I figured out what my problem was, I was taking the early shots through the haze in the atmosphere and of course things would be fuzzy. DUH!!!!

Here is about the best pre-eclipse shot I got, not very good I'm afraid.
Attached Thumbnails The eclipse has started in Saskatchewan-img_0178a.jpg  
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:38 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

No Al not mad just getting in there!

Wow Steve what a great pic, we saw it whilst out last night and I thought to myself if anyone's going to post a goody on the forum it will be Steve P!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P

I tried a couple early before the eclipse started and they were rather fuzzy and out of focus so gave up on the whole thing.

It wasn't until after the eclipse was over that I figured out what my problem was, I was taking the early shots through the haze in the atmosphere and of course things would be fuzzy. DUH!!!!

Looks good to me.

I don't have a tripod so trying to keep the camera still in such low light was a nightmare !!

Finally got round the issue by placing the base of the camera on the table on the deck and resting the lens on the lazy susan - didn't come out too bad I thought
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Steve_P

Excellent steve. Well done. Jim's didnt turn out at all...!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:14 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

That's my girl
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's my girl
Well rared you see - good breeding

BTW are you working next Tuesday. Have to go into Regina with Richard for appt at 9.30am and then I have to wait around until 3.30pm for him to finish work as I refuse to drive back to IH and back to Regina again a few hours later - I'm not THAT Canadianised yet

Could pop up to the Beach to visit ya.
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:22 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Well rared you see - good breeding

BTW are you working next Tuesday. Have to go into Regina with Richard for appt at 9.30am and then I have to wait around until 3.30pm for him to finish work as I refuse to drive back to IH and back to Regina again a few hours later - I'm not THAT Canadianised yet

Could pop up to the Beach to visit ya.
I'll have the kettle on, be good to see you

but don't forget your mask, I'm still coughing the doctor says I have the raging Canadian flu, the centre was full of them today so I've probably caught and spread more germs lol
Old Feb 21st 2008, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'll have the kettle on, be good to see you
Can always count on Mummy