Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Do you respect the police?

Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:24 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you respect the police?

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Quite. I have no problem with cops. Why would I?

I had no problem with the cop who asked to search me in the street. He said I didn't have to let him but I didn't see any reason not to let him.
I feel sorry for them more than anything.

Last time I even conversed with a cop was when I was 14. He was the cop that covered all of our local area. He was asked to come and 'shoo' us off as a neighbour had made a complaint that there were 'troublesome youths' outside their house.

Cop came and asked 'where do you guys live'...We all pointed at our respective house which were all around us and he said 'oh carry on then'.

Unfortunately I would imagine the paranoid citizens would drive them crazy.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:26 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by macadian
Might have something to do with the fact they are not employed to win a popularity contest. Behave yourself behind the wheel and you should not have a problem with them...just make sure if you do have dealings with them that you don't fail the 'attitude test'.......trust me, I was that Traffic Cop...
Its a recent thing, they pulled my wife over flashing lights and sirens because there was no tax disc because it had fallen off the window gave her a ticking off. I have no problem with the pulling over just the lights and sirens I thought to be totally over the top.

Same thing to a friend who had a tail light out. I often wonder where they are when someone passes me on the motorway doing 100mph
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:38 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by livermanl
I feel sorry for them more than anything.

Last time I even conversed with a cop was when I was 14. He was the cop that covered all of our local area. He was asked to come and 'shoo' us off as a neighbour had made a complaint that there were 'troublesome youths' outside their house.

Cop came and asked 'where do you guys live'...We all pointed at our respective house which were all around us and he said 'oh carry on then'.

Unfortunately I would imagine the paranoid citizens would drive them crazy.
Is that Harvey's in your avatar?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:39 am
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Is that Harvey's in your avatar?
It is
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:40 am

It is
Gets all nostalgic........
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:42 am
Banned

Gets all nostalgic........
When was the last time you drunk a pint of Sussex best then?

Also Just so we don't go off topic:

Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:47 am

When was the last time you drunk a pint of Sussex best then?

Also Just so we don't go off topic:

February.

Yes, mostly.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:53 am
Banned

February.

Yes, mostly.
How can you be nostalgic then?

My last pint was in September.

As for the police:

If they drink Harveys they have my respect
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:55 am

How can you be nostalgic then?

My last pint was in September.

As for the police:

If they drink Harveys they have my respect
February was a long time ago.

Are you a Brighton boy?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:58 am
Banned

February was a long time ago.

Are you a Brighton boy?
Yes but not Batty
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:01 am

Yes but not Batty
I wondered who the other one was.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:50 am
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute

Canadian PD's seemingly has less bad officers than the UK, where it is seemingly an entrance requirment to be an arrogant D*ck.

Canadians also have a lot more respect for police than Uk'ers.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:58 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewrb143
Canadian PD's seemingly has less bad officers than the UK, where it is seemingly an entrance requirment to be an arrogant D*ck.

Perhaps in Manitoba.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewrb143

Canadians have a lot more respect for each other than UKers
Old Apr 9th 2009, 3:09 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Canadians have a lot more respect for each other than UKers
In the case of the Toronto police what "Canadians", by which I suppose you mean unhyphenated Canadians, think is neither here nor there as there aren't a great number of them. I imagine people hold the opinion of the police here that they held in their home countries. I fear them and won't call them when I'm the victim of a crime, an attitude I brought from London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.