Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Dips, and sharing spit with strangers

Dips, and sharing spit with strangers

Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dips, and sharing spit with strangers

After putting up with my 9 & 7 year old all day...........

bring it on
Old Dec 26th 2007, 2:08 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda P
After putting up with my 9 & 7 year old all day...........

bring it on
It's going to get worse you know. 9 & 7? Bloody luxury!

One of mine (the renegade) has gone off to Kitchener with his girlfriend's family. They seem to be under the misapprehension that he's human.

T'other one is indulging in a plethora of pints with his local mates from High School ... I expect he'll come back one day.

Mrs C. has crashed early under the strain of all this holiday stuff.

It's just me and my laptop.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

Oh mine as I type are in their rooms.....son has his new MP3 on, daughter is screaming through the wall at him, his limited knowledge of the songs is driving her nuts and her MP3 is not charged yet. She is 'well' pi**ed off.

I love my kid's dearly, but sometimes I wish I had bought a dog!!

Hubby has gone to work....lucky sod, so in the not too distant future I will be going to bed with Horatio (CSI Miami) or Jack Bauer (24) ...either will do, I am easily pleased !

Linda
Old Dec 26th 2007, 2:35 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

...in the not too distant future I will be going to bed with Horatio (CSI Miami) or Jack Bauer (24) ...either will do, I am easily pleased !

Linda
Indeed you are, Linda. Indeed you are.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry but they can wait no longer.........

nighty, night!!!

Linda
Old Dec 26th 2007, 2:53 pm
Born again atheist

Sorry but they can wait no longer.........

nighty, night!!!

Linda
Schlaf wohl.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bless you

or were you just sick???

Linda
Old Dec 26th 2007, 3:39 pm
Born again atheist

Bless you

or were you just sick???

Linda
Jeez, these people have no class.

Sleep well you daft bugger.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Who said anything about sleep......the team is waiting, crimes to solve etc (note for new year........must get a life!!! )

goodnight me dear.....

Linda
Old Jan 14th 2008, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Montcalm_Farm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Lol it was a novelty gift I think! ... and we had some very poor friends!
Hi, all, from 80 miles south of the Canadian border. Morwenna, I found this thread on a Google because I'm trying to get information on your Peanut Pourer. I know the original box has a number and the item is from Taiwan and of fairly recent origin but the date you received yours would be the only time reference I've been able to find. I suspect it's from a Dollar Store or mass merchandiser like Walmart. Thanks.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:04 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Dollar store or walmart, eh?

And here I was thinking Ms Morwenna Peanut Pourer was all posh like.

Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:05 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montcalm_Farm
Hi, all, from 80 miles south of the Canadian border. Morwenna, I found this thread on a Google because I'm trying to get information on your Peanut Pourer. I know the original box has a number and the item is from Taiwan and of fairly recent origin but the date you received yours would be the only time reference I've been able to find. I suspect it's from a Dollar Store or mass merchandiser like Walmart. Thanks.
How bizarre! Who would have thought my peanut pourer was a sought-after item!

Well it was bought in the UK .... possibly in Wales, can't think that far back!

I have it in the original box. It is black with a white line drawing of the peanut pourer. It is made in Taiwan, and the number on the box is G Z49A, if that is of interest. The thing itself is made of quite thin glass, so we kept the box to keep it safely.

Perhaps I should sell it on ebay!!!
Attached Thumbnails Dips, and sharing spit with strangers-p1140001.jpg  

Last edited by Alberta_Rose; Jan 14th 2008 at 1:23 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Dollar store or walmart, eh?

And here I was thinking Ms Morwenna Peanut Pourer was all posh like.

Hi, HWP ~ well Morwenna did say her friends are poor. There's one at eBay that didn't sell with a $5 opener. Don't know why the link icon posts a double link, I'll do it this way. Item 250200531977 or

<p>http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-GLASS-PE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:45 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Montcalm_Farm
Hi, HWP ~ well Morwenna did say her friends are poor. There's one at eBay that didn't sell with a $5 opener. Don't know why the link icon posts a double link, I'll do it this way. Item 250200531977 or

<p>http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-GLASS-PE...QQcmdZViewItem
Oh well, maybe I'll hang onto it for a while then!

I'm really curious to know why you were Googling them in the first place!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Oh well, maybe I'll hang onto it for a while then!

I'm really curious to know why you were Googling them in the first place!
I'm Googling it to get info for someone who thinks it's worth a lot of money and thinks it's that overworked-word "vintage", so I'd still appreciate the date you received it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.