Diet

Old Jan 25th 2020, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133
Default Re: Diet

Originally Posted by Oink
I with some encouragement, changed my diet to more healthful foods but more importantly I reduced the amount of calories I consumed. I went from a pudgy 185 to hovering around 145 lbs. HID thinks I look great (She's into that glam-rock NY Dolls/Mick Jagger/heroin chic look) and will shag me now but I'm 6'1" and I feel hungry.
Good grief man! I think the last time I weighed 145 I was 12 I would be very very skinny at 185. Not sure I could pull of any type of chic I am 6'4 and always had a large frame - I have a 47" chest. (No moobs ). I am over weight currently 255 but not overly fat in any particular area. I am doing this for health and environmental reasons rather than weight loss but it does seem to be a positive side effect.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 7:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
A friend of mine who is about 5'11" and weighed 220 lbs went on a no drinking, low carbs diet and improved his exercise regime (other than playing footie twice a week most of the year) and in 2019 lost 52 lbs.......actually he looks kind of gaunt now and had to get lots of new clothes but he says he feels so much better. He is off the wagon now, although he is trying to stick to just IPA and red wine.
Stout is my pint of choice. Not a fan of North American IPA. I drink Pilsner in the summer, I like Steam Whistle. I might have to go on it year round I did read somewhere that vegans suffer hangovers worse than meat eaters. I will report back after the next skin full
Old Jan 25th 2020, 7:26 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
Have you tried growing your own Tomatos etc?
Yes I have...I had tons of cherry tomatoes this year, but the winter is sooo long. I don’t have the greenest of fingers!

I just get irritated that having a healthy diet is just so much more thought provoking here. My son has just signed up to run the Freddie marathon, with a couple of friends and watches everything that goes in his mouth like a hawk...it is amazing just how much cr*p they try to jam into things.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
I like this idea, however I do weight training/cardio/bootcamp 3-4 time’s a week.

i do try intermittent fasting every now and again and I can go 12 hours without food but when it gets to 5-6pm I’m staving and will eat everything in sight.

in regards to giving up things. I only buy almond milk now and find drinking regular milk gives me acid reflex and/or stomach issues. I did try to go plant based with yoghurt and cheese but the former was getting expensive and the latter tastes like plastic rubber! I’m mostly given up pork and beef except I will occasionally have a steak and some sausages but rarely. Fish and chicken are eaten maybe 2-4 times a week and I’ll make vegan mango curry every week and a half in my instant pot
This is exactly why I chose not to fast because it will lead me to disgracing myself

The Mrs used to drink Almond milk but she started to have stomach problems. It stopped as soon as she stopped drinking it. No problems so far with oat or pea milk. We have an instant pot as well and love it, previously cooking meat from frozen very quickly but now as a steamer and for doing things like vegan chilli.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 7:51 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Stout is my pint of choice. Not a fan of North American IPA. I drink Pilsner in the summer, I like Steam Whistle. I might have to go on it year round I did read somewhere that vegans suffer hangovers worse than meat eaters. I will report back after the next skin full
I've been banned alcohol (too many calories apparently) since the summer to compensate for winter and as I don't take drugs, well not many, it's been quite boring.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MillieF
Yes I have...I had tons of cherry tomatoes this year, but the winter is sooo long. I don’t have the greenest of fingers!

I just get irritated that having a healthy diet is just so much more thought provoking here. My son has just signed up to run the Freddie marathon, with a couple of friends and watches everything that goes in his mouth like a hawk...it is amazing just how much cr*p they try to jam into things.
I dont miss the winters in NB We used to grow herbs. I never got around to building a vegetable bed or planting a cherry tree that I wanted to. I haven't got around to it here either yet much to the boss lady's annoyance .

Something that we decided before we started was that we are going to focus on whole foods and avoid trying to substitute things for exactly that reason. They can contain a lot of additives and salt etc. We did a purge of the fridge and cupboards and were amazed and appalled at some of the ingredients on things that we thought were not that bad but in reality were. We had a jar of Russian mustard and the first 3 ingredients were not mustard!
Old Jan 25th 2020, 8:01 pm
Account Closed

I've been banned alcohol (too many calories apparently) since the summer to compensate for winter and as I don't take drugs, well not many, it's been quite boring.
I draw the line right there. I am not giving up beer for anything! Life is dull enough as it is!

Gin and slimline tonic?
Vodka lime and soda?
Old Jan 25th 2020, 9:48 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I draw the line right there. I am not giving up beer for anything! Life is dull enough as it is!
Old Jan 26th 2020, 3:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

HID sounds very controlling. You need a good woman to love you for what and who you are.

Old Jan 26th 2020, 3:50 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
HID sounds very controlling. You need a good woman to love you for what and who you are.

1 fluid ounce of red wine is about 25 calories.. about the same as a square of extra dark chocolate - so tell her you will have an ounce of wine for every ounce of chocolate she has oh .. and..........

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 26th 2020 at 3:58 am.