Deodorant

Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Monique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to beholdMonique_in_Canada is a splendid one to behold
Default Deodorant

Inspired from a thread last week about stuff brought back from the UK, I thought I would ask members here wot they use....I always bring back Soft and Gentle deodorant, I have used it ever since I remember and love it.....I have tried using spray deodorants here but none of them see to have anti antiperspirant in them....and I hate roll ons, they always seem to leave my arm pits horribly sticky....so I guess I haven't found the right one....there is gonna come a day where I probably wont go back to the UK yearly and stock up.....so the question is.....wot Deodorant do u use??
Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:39 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Deodorant

Oh dear.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:45 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Oh dear.
Now now Mr Prof, scoff as much as you like, but it's a very serious question. At certain times of the year I tend to use "Scent Blocker - Odour Eliminator".

I think it makes you smell more like deer wee than anything
Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

I am so glad that spray deodorants aren't in fashion here, I don't know anyone who uses them here, and they just DON'T work!

I'm especially grateful that they aren't popular with men. At my old work in the UK the men would stink up the place with an overpowering scent in the morning and stink of BO by lunchtime.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:55 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Numerous brands.

It's important to change them as your body builds immunity.

I too get them from the UK. If any one pitches up to stay they don't come in without deoderant. I just can't use these roll on's that those girly Canadian men use.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:57 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Great Thread.

I don't bother with it and I don't smell that much. And even if I did I wouldn't care, it would at least keep people from sitting next to me on the bus. That is if I ever caught the bus; which I would do, but the problem with using public transport is that the other people on it tend to be a bit smelly and also poor.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 1:15 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Great Thread.

I don't bother with it and I don't smell that much. And even if I did I wouldn't care, it would at least keep people from sitting next to me on the bus. That is if I ever caught the bus; which I would do, but the problem with using public transport is that the other people on it tend to be a bit smelly and also poor.
This is very much my approach too. But I'd add that I'd prefer to sit next to a smelly person on the bus than to sit in the same room as someone using deodorants.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 1:16 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

It is important to switch to winter deodorant, when the temperature drops below 7C for optimum performance. Or so they tell me.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

I also hate the roll on stuff. My mum came over in September with a case full of chocolate for my hubby, boxes of stuffing mix and Sure deopdrant for me
I have also asked for deodrant for christmas - how sad is that
Old Nov 7th 2011, 1:44 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I'm concerned I'm using the same sort of Gillette Gel thingies that I used in the UK.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

I use Secret Solid. No one I know uses roll ons or spray.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 3:49 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

All joking aside while men might not care too much, from my experience in general women used spray ons, I did - Sure deodourant and Impulse body spray.

When my daughter came over I stole her 4 pack of Impulse.

Now use whatever I decide smells the niceat at the time of buying - and yes it's the push up sticks and yes I hate them and yes I'd love some Sure and Impulse for Xmas too.

It's one of those things that whilst you think "oh shit this sucks" you get used to whatevers here - doesn't mean you can't hanker for what you were used to for 25 years of your life.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 10:41 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I use unscented antiperspirants. I will sweat if I don't. I prefer sprays, like Secret.

One could, of course, go the chemist and get some high-strength aluminium chloride hexahydrate. It's the same stuff used in regular antiperspirants but in a much higher concentration.

I had hyperhydrosis as a teen. It mattered not how much regular stuff I used, my armpits were always soaked. I think it became psychological. The doctor gave me some turbocharged stuff. It broke the vicious circle in a couple of days. You simply don't sweat with that stuff. Itches a bit, though.
Old Nov 7th 2011, 11:28 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
It is important to switch to winter deodorant, when the temperature drops below 7C for optimum performance. Or so they tell me.
Yeah, the winter deodorants contain anti-freeze. Otherwise, imagine how difficult it would be to get on in our daily lives with our arms clamped down by our sides. Maybe one could take up Riverdancing
Old Nov 7th 2011, 12:58 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

During summer i dont use any as some sprays atract mozzies. I do however shower two to three times a day, using none scented soap. I also work alone in my vehicle and out doors, and have no one to smell me. Lol.

Yeh i get stinky on hot days. But they aint made a spray that will stop me from sweating and keep cool in a red hot car in mid summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.