DAZN fotball streams

Old Apr 24th 2019, 2:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DAZN fotball streams

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You're not threading it through the holes.. you are attaching it to the ethernet cable and pulling it through the holes.
Well, yes, but how does one grab hold of it to pull it through the second hole if it can't be seen because there's a ceiling or floor in the way? What am I missing?

Originally Posted by Oink
It's a lost cause, just let him do some colouring in.
Colouring in? No good at that, I go over the lines!!

Old Apr 24th 2019, 3:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Well, yes, but how does one grab hold of it to pull it through the second hole if it can't be seen because there's a ceiling or floor in the way? What am I missing?

Colouring in? No good at that, I go over the lines!!
Ummm did you not see the part I wrote about securing the other end of the fishing line to something to enable you to pull it back through again?

think of it this way. --------------------fishing line--------------------tie to chair--------------------------fishing line----------------------------tie to cable'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''/floor board/''''''''''''''''''''''''''''/ceiling/'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''cable'''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''---------fishing line---------- tie to cable--------------------------------------------fishing line---------------------------------

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 24th 2019 at 4:01 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2019, 5:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ummm did you not see the part I wrote about securing the other end of the fishing line to something to enable you to pull it back through again?
Yes, but I'm afraid you're over estimating my ability to get two holes closely enough aligned, with no pipes, wires or other obstructions in the way, so as to be able to do that.

I have the added problem of the walls that I would want to measure from upstairs don't correspond with those downstairs.

However, your explanation leads me to think I might manage it with a straightened wire coat hanger even if the holes are a few inches adrift. Thanks.

Old Apr 25th 2019, 2:54 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but I'm afraid you're over estimating my ability to get two holes closely enough aligned, with no pipes, wires or other obstructions in the way, so as to be able to do that.

I have the added problem of the walls that I would want to measure from upstairs don't correspond with those downstairs.

However, your explanation leads me to think I might manage it with a straightened wire coat hanger even if the holes are a few inches adrift. Thanks.
Nope, you are still not getting it, lol.

No need to measure anything... nor any need to align holes, avoid pipes or other obstructions.

The holes are already there.. the alignment is already there... all you are doing is tying the new cable onto the end of the old cable and pulling the old cable up (or down) with a bit of fishing wire attached to it and the new cable.. and pulling the new cable with it! I've done it many times, it's really easy to do..
Perhaps this post will explain it better than I can https://diy.stackexchange.com/a/146478

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 25th 2019 at 2:57 am.
Old Apr 25th 2019, 4:51 pm
Oscar nominated

Nope, you are still not getting it, lol.
You're right, I'm not. But I think I know why now.
No need to measure anything... nor any need to align holes, avoid pipes or other obstructions.

The holes are already there.. the alignment is already there... all you are doing is tying the new cable onto the end of the old cable and pulling the old cable up (or down) with a bit of fishing wire attached to it and the new cable.. and pulling the new cable with it! I've done it many times, it's really easy to do..
Perhaps this post will explain it better than I can https://diy.stackexchange.com/a/146478
That link is talking about an existing cable and you say the holes are already there. Perhaps this is key.
I don't already have a cable running from downstairs to upstairs, and the holes are not already there. This is a new cable (patch) that I bought to attach to the old cable that was used downstairs only, before we went wi-fi.

It seems that my reference to the old or previous cable has given the impression that this was an old cable already in place and just needed updating or something whereas it was just idle downstairs.

Old Apr 25th 2019, 10:56 pm
Banned

You're right, I'm not. But I think I know why now.

That link is talking about an existing cable and you say the holes are already there. Perhaps this is key.
I don't already have a cable running from downstairs to upstairs, and the holes are not already there. This is a new cable (patch) that I bought to attach to the old cable that was used downstairs only, before we went wi-fi.

It seems that my reference to the old or previous cable has given the impression that this was an old cable already in place and just needed updating or something whereas it was just idle downstairs.

Ah ha!

I was going by this post - and from your description it sounded as if the old cable was already going upstairs .... MY bad.. sorry Bristol! Woops!

That all looks very involved for me. I don't even recognise some of the terms used

We have an ethernet cable still connected from pre-wifi days. As luck would have it (I'm assuming it's lucky) it's right under where I would want it to arrive in my bedroom. I'm imagining it running up the side of the door frame, then the last few inches into the ceiling (ours are lower than usual) and it emerging through the floor close to the wall in my room just a few feet away fro the computer.

A perfectionist - like my brother - would probably remove the moulding on that part of the ceiling and replace it after so it hid the hole needed for the connector part to pass through and then do something similar with the baseboard upstairs. Someone like me would favour drilling the ceiling hole close to the wall, making another in the floor upstairs close to the wall - hoping not to drill into electrics or plumbing.

In my old house I secured some loose floorboards in the bathroom, hammering nails in. How was I to know it wasn't a good idea to hammer one in the centre of the floorboard? Why was I hearing the sound of running water down in the kitchen?

But even if I managed to drill the holes without setting fire to or flooding the house, how the hell do you get it aligned so you can get it through the second hole? Even if was a stiff piece of wire or dowel it would be difficult because you can't see under the floor, but with something floppy like a cable?

I'm mystified. I think it's a job for Handyman Wizard. The name he trades as.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 12:09 am
Oscar nominated

Ah ha!

I was going by this post - and from your description it sounded as if the old cable was already going upstairs .... MY bad.. sorry Bristol! Woops!
I thought there must have been a reason. No problem though. You were trying to be helpful and you didn't call me any names!

Crazy thing is I had a rethink. We bought the original cable to connect to a laptop when my wife could no longer sit at her computer. We connected it to a new laptop that enabled her to be more comfy at the other end of the room. When we went wifi, we moved the cable to connect to my MIL's non wi-fi computer. She didn't like the internet originally but we talked her around. and she now has a laptop like the rest of us.

If I move it back to the other end of the room, my new cable can attach and then go around door frames and neatly/safely up the stairs and into my room.

No drilling and no coat hangers
Old May 1st 2019, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I think the true test of DAZN will be when the Premier League starts up next August and many people realize for the first time that the games aren't on TSN or Sportsnet and they go for the free one month trial. Will the servers that they have be able to stream it all to people.
No chance they will, they spent all their money outbidding TSN and Sportsnet haha! I'll only signup once I see some feedback that I'm not going to get cut off at a pivotal moment in a game. If it sounds reliable I'll then look at how I can scrap SN and TSN from my TV package because without Premier League, really not worth the extra cost for me anymore.