Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Day has Dawned.......

The Day has Dawned.......

Old Feb 4th 2007, 5:41 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Day has Dawned.......

[QUOTE=Butch Cassidy;4362893]
Originally Posted by burton bunch

Hugs Gay

From me too .....

I came over with my hubby and kids and then abandoned them all here without me after about 6 days when we landed. I don't know if that is better or worse, but at least I knew where they were living.

I couldn't wait to get everything sorted and come back out to join them, even though our house sale had not completed at the time, and I left it for our solicitor to sort out.

The next period til you join them will be difficult, but try and keep regular contact and it's just about bearable. My OH was terrible at that ... I guess things were pretty hectic for him here, but eventually I told him I'd fall apart completely if he did not answer my emails as soon as he got them, and/or call me avery day!
Old Feb 4th 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R2D2
Hi Gaynor

Its bound to be a very emotional time for you all, but look at it as a 'shortish' time in the grand scheme of things.

Whats your timescale until you are all joining him? Or is it still a bit up in the air?

Debbie x
Hi Debbie

In answer to your question - I have no idea when I will see him again (except on skype!).

Am left here until we get buyer for the house

Gaynor
Old Feb 4th 2007, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gaynor,
Hugs to you,time will go by like a freight train and you all will be together
in Canada.Soon we will reading your new thread that you and the kids
are on the way here.

When my partner's parents sold their house in Victoria ,their real estate
agent baked cinnamon buns in the oven just before a buyer came to view
the house . The house was sold at the asking price during the slump in housing market and it was sold within 1 day.
I kicked myself that I did not buy his parents' home.I do not know
whether this cinnamon buns thing or baking fresh bread would work in UK.
It is the aroma that makes the buyer feels homey
All will be well
Yoong
Old Feb 4th 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hope he arrived safely Gay.

Sending you a cyber hug.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smelly
Hope he arrived safely Gay.

Sending you a cyber hug.
Babe

Think you need one too

((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))) )))

Gay
x

ps he is now about an hour away from Calgary
Old Feb 10th 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

rich1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi gaynor

hope it flys by for you good luck with the house sale
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rich1977
hi gaynor

hope it flys by for you good luck with the house sale
Thanks guys for all your good wishes - just about to complete my first week alone. Not as bad as I thought it would be - but boy do i miss his moaning (never realised how much he moaned).

Kinda miss having him to chat to but we do have skype which makes it better - when he actually rings me (have sat up for 3 nights till 1.30 am waiting for him to call
Old Feb 10th 2007, 2:01 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

So how's it all going - is your hubby settling ok in his new job and in the Lethbridge area?
Floss
Old Feb 10th 2007, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of

Thanks guys for all your good wishes - just about to complete my first week alone. Not as bad as I thought it would be - but boy do i miss his moaning (never realised how much he moaned).

Kinda miss having him to chat to but we do have skype which makes it better - when he actually rings me (have sat up for 3 nights till 1.30 am waiting for him to call
Hi
Know what you mean it sort of rekindles all those feelings that get pushed to one side , when mortgages day to day living and bringing up the kids brings with it hope its all going well and you are all back together soon
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
So how's it all going - is your hubby settling ok in his new job and in the Lethbridge area?
Floss
Hi floss

Phil starts work on Monday 12th but he has been into the office and met up with everyone - seems ok.

Seems to be having a whale of a time has already spent £ 14K on a new car.

Miss him like crazy and just want to get there now.

Speak soon

Gay
x
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:32 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to be having a whale of a time has already spent £ 14K on a new car
Typical bloke, eh? If mine went before me, I'm sure I'd arrive to an empty house except for 50" plasma, xbox 360, armchair with cupholders and a dodge ram in the garage!!!

Floss

Oh, and a fridge full of cold beers!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Your hubby went to the same school of Home Interior Decorating as mine !