Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Day has Dawned.......

The Day has Dawned.......

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Day has Dawned.......

Ok guys

Time for my Phil to go to Canada to start work

Am just about to set off to Gatwick to put him on the plane in morning

How do I feel ????

Well feel kinda numb (not dumb) and very surreal as I am gonna stay here to sell up etc so really dont know when I will see him agian.

Oh well guys had to tell someone - think of me driving home tomorrow up the M1 to Manchester with two kids fighting in the back

Lots of love

A very stressed numb "head up a$£e" Gaynor
x
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Day has Dawned.......

Oh Gaynor - sure feel for you - weird time indeed. Think positive, think positive, think positive !

Sometimes not much help when you're in the middle of it all, but in the future this will be a mere blip on the landscape. It's a temporarily insane time in order to bring about what you always wanted. He'll miss you, he'll be in a new job - you'll be trying not to kill the kids - oh, and sell up, pack up, etc - what's not to like???!!

All the best over the coming weeks and months - and come on here regularly for some virtual hugs and good wishes !
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gaynor,

We're all thinking of you - be positive & think of what's ahead, you'll all be together soon as a family

It's good to know he's with your family in Lethbridge, so you know he's being looked after.

here's a hug for you ........ ((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))

Thinking of you, Arris X
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:18 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gaynor, it will definitely feel surreal - it will until you actually land. It's the time you have all been waiting and planning for all these months. You'll be fine. You'll have lots to do and don't be afraid to enlist the help of friends and neighbours when you need them. Keep as organised as you can (!).

The time will fly by and you'll soon be joining Phil in your new Canadian life. Good luck
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:25 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - that sure has come around quick.
No doubt the time will fly by as there's probably loads to do and sort out (but at least you still don't have a living room full of kitchen units-grrrr!)
Hope it all goes swimmingly!
Floss
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:35 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Gaynor

Its bound to be a very emotional time for you all, but look at it as a 'shortish' time in the grand scheme of things.

Whats your timescale until you are all joining him? Or is it still a bit up in the air?

Debbie x
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:56 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Gaynor everything will work out and you will all be back together soon enough, and all this will be just a distant memory.

Take care and keep posting, if you need to talk PM me.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:56 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Hiya Gaynor

Hope the send off goes well and that you manage the drive back to Manchester without killing the kids!!!!!!

I hope the time speeds by for you and that you dont get too stressed out.You will be "home" before you know it

Best of luck, Tanya x
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 5:04 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Ok guys

How do I feel ????

Well feel kinda numb (not dumb) and very surreal as I am gonna stay here to sell up etc so really dont know when I will see him agian.

Oh well guys had to tell someone - think of me driving home tomorrow up the M1 to Manchester with two kids fighting in the back

Lots of love

x
Oh Gaynor I know exactly how you feel, My hubby did the same to me - flew off in the blue yonder to start our new lives and left me with the house sale and disposal of excess goods and daughters farewell party - such an emotional time. I felt so alone without hubby - worried for him and everything. I hope your house sale goes through really quick so you can join him as soon as possible. I think it's the not knowing thats worse, not knowing when the house will complete, not knowing the flights your on, not knowing how your hubby is really doing, not knowing when your going to see him. I must say I have never been so excited to see my hubby after our longest seperation ever - took all my worries about moving to Canada away, so it wasn't a count down to new life it was a count down for a hug!

Good luck and I hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:41 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok guys

How do I feel ????

Lots of love

x
Hey me dear

You know your doing the right thing and you know it will all work out in the end.

Take a huge chill pill and look forward to what is going to be a life changing experience.

Eddie
Old Feb 4th 2007, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gaynor,
Just to reiterate what everyone else is saying really.........
It is the start of the new and exciting life ahead of you and if you're strong like us women are, then you'll get through the coming weeks. My fella left me and the kids for 4 weeks in Feb 2003 to do a month's work for his company here.....I missed him like crazy even though he does my head in 95%of the time!!! I know how you're feeling, but just hang in there ok, before you know it you'll be boarding your own flight with the kids to join Mr Burton.

Chin up gal,
Jaycee x
Old Feb 4th 2007, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Sarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to beholdSarahad is a splendid one to behold

Hi Gaynor

Hope it all went ok and that you are all reunited real soon... it will all be worth it in the end.

Goodluck with it all

All my love
Sarah
Old Feb 4th 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud ofEastbound has much to be proud of
Smile Re: The Day has Dawned.......

[QUOTE=burton bunch;4358501]Ok guys

How do I feel ????

Lots of love

HI

Know what you mean much of the same for me when hubby left to do a reccie trip but I knew he was coming back to help me with the final settling up here I thought id have the harder time of it here with the kids the dog the 101 thing that always need doing but thats the very thing that keeps you busy and the time really does fly .It turns out he was missing us so much after a few weeks that he did all he needed to do over there changed his ticket and came home three weeks earlier
Old Feb 4th 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Eastbound;4362678]
Ok guys

How do I feel ????

Lots of love

HI

Know what you mean much of the same for me when hubby left to do a reccie trip but I knew he was coming back to help me with the final settling up here I thought id have the harder time of it here with the kids the dog the 101 thing that always need doing but thats the very thing that keeps you busy and the time really does fly .It turns out he was missing us so much after a few weeks that he did all he needed to do over there changed his ticket and came home three weeks earlier
Hi Guys

Well just got home in one piece - really proud of myself actually - never driven further than Manchester to Birmingham !!!!

Should know by about 11pm uk time whether he got through immigration

Thanks for everyones words of support

Gaynor and the kids
x
Old Feb 4th 2007, 3:50 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=burton bunch;4362886]
Originally Posted by Eastbound
Hi Guys

Well just got home in one piece - really proud of myself actually - never driven further than Manchester to Birmingham !!!!

Should know by about 11pm uk time whether he got through immigration

Thanks for everyones words of support

Gaynor and the kids
x
Hugs Gay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.