Dash Cams

Old Mar 8th 2015, 2:49 pm
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dash Cams

Originally Posted by neilg14
Have you tried it at night yet ?
Yes I have. Works great on city streets but I haven't tried it with the LED light yet out in the sticks.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Bean
Yes I have. Works great on city streets but I haven't tried it with the LED light yet out in the sticks.
Ok. thanks, let us know if you sort the loop problem out and what it was.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 6:30 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave
Here's the one I got. Quick delivery too

Full HD 1080P H 264 Dash CAR DVR Video Camera Recorder Crash CAM G Sensor IR LED | eBay

And here's my first trial. No talking on this one ;-)
Purely a quality test

Daves Drive 1 - YouTube
Some random thoughts:

Assimilation is very laudable, but that music?

Roundabouts!

Brrrrrr.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 1:29 am

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Dear customer,
Hello, there,

Sorry there haven't a way to record it as one files,
This is built-in Intelligent Storage method which can't be adjusted.

Also there haven't this kind of camcorder in the marketing.
Hope you can understand.
Nice day!
Lydia

That's the reply I got. No big deal as I can stitch the .avi files together if I want to. Disappointing but not the end of the world.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear customer,
Hello, there,

Sorry there haven't a way to record it as one files,
This is built-in Intelligent Storage method which can't be adjusted.

Also there haven't this kind of camcorder in the marketing.
Hope you can understand.
Nice day!
Lydia

That's the reply I got. No big deal as I can stitch the .avi files together if I want to. Disappointing but not the end of the world.
Mr Bean, I'm glad you can decipher that email, looks like it's written in code to me.
What is it saying exactly ? I'm not very tech savvy.
What does stitching the avi files together mean ?
Sorry if these are stupid questions.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 1:47 pm

No questions are stupid.

I kind of understand the email as I deal with a lot of Asians at work LOL. She is basically saying that the device will not record any content after the 10 min roll. Kind of seems pointless to me to have the ability to turn the feature off mind you. As far as joining the files together to make one movie, there are lots of program out there to do this. You just have to make sure the audio codecs match up on all files you want to join.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

No questions are stupid.

I kind of understand the email as I deal with a lot of Asians at work LOL. She is basically saying that the device will not record any content after the 10 min roll. Kind of seems pointless to me to have the ability to turn the feature off mind you. As far as joining the files together to make one movie, there are lots of program out there to do this. You just have to make sure the audio codecs match up on all files you want to join.
Thanks.
On their site on Ebay, if you scroll down to near the bottom, they have a graph there and it tells you how long a 1/2/4/8GB card will record for in the various pixel stages and how many still photo's you can take etc.
ie. 1GB 10mins recording, 2GB=20min, 4GB=40min & 8GB=80min, so if it will only record 10mins on a loop, I don't see the point of the graph.
Mis-representation ?
If I knew this, I wouldn't have bought this model.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
if it will only record 10mins on a loop, I don't see the point of the graph.
Isn't the point that it records a 10 minute file and then records another, and deletes the oldest one when it runs out of space?

That's how most of them operate, and most people consider it a feature, as they don't want to have to edit videos, just copy off the file with the bits they're looking for.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MarkG
Isn't the point that it records a 10 minute file and then records another, and deletes the oldest one when it runs out of space?

That's how most of them operate, and most people consider it a feature, as they don't want to have to edit videos, just copy off the file with the bits they're looking for.
So what you're saying is, if the loop function is OFF, it records for 10 mins, stops, records for 10 mins stops, etc until it runs out of space on the card then then re-writes over the beginning of the card again, and does that until you download it ?
And if the loop function is ON, it records for 10 minutes then loops back over that first 10 mins continually ?
If this is the case, I have no problem with that, I mis-understood what Mr Bean said.
The last dash cam I had, which was an expensive one would, when the loop feature was turned OFF, continuously record until my ignition was turned off and when reaching the end of the card would over write from the start again and each file was the length of that particular journey.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 10:54 pm

So what you're saying is, if the loop function is OFF, it records for 10 mins, stops, records for 10 mins stops, etc until it runs out of space on the card then then re-writes over the beginning of the card again, and does that until you download it ?
And if the loop function is ON, it records for 10 minutes then loops back over that first 10 mins continually ?
Yes that's how it works.

The last dash cam I had, which was an expensive one would, when the loop feature was turned OFF, continuously record until my ignition was turned off and when reaching the end of the card would over write from the start again and each file was the length of that particular journey.
This is how I wanted it to work. I wanted to have the choice to do both.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes that's how it works.

This is how I wanted it to work. I wanted to have the choice to do both.
I think because it is a cheap one, we can't do it, now I just have to work out how to join these files.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hemi Dave
I decided I just had to get a dash cam to show the world just how bad Canadian drivers are, lol.

Found a basic little cam on Ebay for about 70 bucks delivered. Seems to work fine.

But wouldn't you know it, as soon as I hit record, they all start behaving themselves! lol.

Roundabouts are may favourite. I'll have a youtube channel up and running soon.

Anyone else captured any gems?
You might've interested in a documentary presently on ITV Player called Car Crash Britain Caught on Camera. It's about the proliferation of Dash Cameras in the UK. Some interesting footage showing how bad are many UK drivers.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 5:19 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Since this thread started I've trying to imagine a reason for having a dash cam.

"If I had a dash cam", I thought, when laying in bed last night, "I could watch the video and it would be just like driving to work again". That'd be good if I just couldn't wait to actually do it.

I decided that I could wait.
Old Mar 11th 2015, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Since this thread started I've trying to imagine a reason for having a dash cam.
I could figure out what actually happened the other week when the pickup in front swerved across into my lane, apparently avoiding another pickup going the wrong way down the ring road.

There's a reason I try not to drive alongside other vehicles, particularly pickup trucks...
Old Mar 11th 2015, 6:25 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
I could figure out what actually happened the other week when the pickup in front swerved across into my lane, apparently avoiding another pickup going the wrong way down the ring road.

There's a reason I try not to drive alongside other vehicles, particularly pickup trucks...
I don't get it:

If you didn't hit the pickup it doesn't matter.

If you did and you're dead it doesn't matter and the camera's smashed up anyway.

If you didn't hit the pickup and were frightened by the experience it'll replay in your head without having to watch it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.