Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

daft questions from a daft bat.

daft questions from a daft bat.

Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:18 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: daft questions from a daft bat.

I have to go back to the UK and visit this summer. I am not looking forward to it. It is out of a sense of duty, and while I do want to see my parents, I feel that I'll soon be ready to leave again.

I am resentful of that fact that I have to use all my accrued vacation time to do this and spend a lot more money than I needed, (and would rather spend going s'where I want to go to, and with my OH) as we're going in summer hols so my lad can see his friends out of school.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I would do what you feel comfortable with. My graduation was very definitely for my parents , but fair enought they had funded me through Uni , so the least I could do really .

We couldn't see the speakers , or our parents. Finding them again after the ceremony was fun!

If you do go , remember hair grips!!! I was the only girl on our course who had any , I became very popular , you need something to attach the damn things to your head!!!!
They don't do hats, maybe because it's only a diploma not a degree??
My mum is deaf as a post too, so unless they set up something for deafies then she won't have a clue either, but then she's a nicer person than me and doesnt go on and on till something is done!

Note to self, must learn from Mum......
Old Apr 30th 2008, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I have to go back to the UK and visit this summer. I am not looking forward to it. It is out of a sense of duty, and while I do want to see my parents, I feel that I'll soon be ready to leave again.

I am resentful of that fact that I have to use all my accrued vacation time to do this and spend a lot more money than I needed, (and would rather spend going s'where I want to go to, and with my OH) as we're going in summer hols so my lad can see his friends out of school.
That's it, exactly. So glad to see someone else feels the same. MOH hasnt had a break from work, apart from weekends since Sept 2006, he's exhausted and would rather spend his 2 weeks annual leave relaxing rather than rushing around seeing people.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
They don't do hats, maybe because it's only a diploma not a degree??
My mum is deaf as a post too, so unless they set up something for deafies then she won't have a clue either, but then she's a nicer person than me and doesnt go on and on till something is done!

Note to self, must learn from Mum......
We missed our sons 2 years ago and i was gutted he was in ill i am hoping when he becomes Riba qualified there will be some sort of presentation whatever we will come back for that,

You have to do what you want DB shame your not looking forward to coming back but i do understand where you are on that
Old Apr 30th 2008, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell

I think graduations are like weddings , more for other people to look at than for you to take part in!
Have to agree I graduated last summer at 36 and didn't really think it would be that important. I wanted my kids to see me graduate so that they know all is not lost if your not the best at school. My Mum came back from Brazil for it and OH got all dressed up it was a great day and I am so glad I did it.

It was a family day much the same as a wedding as Zoe says, I couldn't tell you much about what went on but I will never forget the sight of my wife, kids and mum cheering as I came of the stage. A few tears were shed too.

Cheers
Tom
Old Apr 30th 2008, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauder99
Have to agree I graduated last summer at 36 and didn't really think it would be that important. I wanted my kids to see me graduate so that they know all is not lost if your not the best at school. My Mum came back from Brazil for it and OH got all dressed up it was a great day and I am so glad I did it.

It was a family day much the same as a wedding as Zoe says, I couldn't tell you much about what went on but I will never forget the sight of my wife, kids and mum cheering as I came of the stage. A few tears were shed too.

Cheers
Tom
Thats nice Tom
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:21 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never been fond of runner beans. I find Batty's to be even less appealing, now that I know what the vague muttony taste would be.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:33 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

That's it, exactly. So glad to see someone else feels the same. MOH hasnt had a break from work, apart from weekends since Sept 2006, he's exhausted and would rather spend his 2 weeks annual leave relaxing rather than rushing around seeing people.
And then of course I feel guilty for even thinking this way, which makes me feel even more resentful!

And then I think y'know, they're all so old, even though they're currently well ..... I think the guilt thing will only increase when I have to face them all again. I'm sure that's a factor too.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I've never been fond of runner beans. I find Batty's to be even less appealing, now that I know what the vague muttony taste would be.
well now that I know that I will cross you off the invitations list for my candle lit soirees
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

And then of course I feel guilty for even thinking this way, which makes me feel even more resentful!

And then I think y'know, they're all so old, even though they're currently well ..... I think the guilt thing will only increase when I have to face them all again. I'm sure that's a factor too.
Oh I run on guilt. Sometimes I feel guilty for feeling guilty. And then I worry.

Getting back to graduations, I have just had an email from the college to say they are providing captioning so my mum and me can "hear"! Thats really great and so we are going.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:01 pm

well now that I know that I will cross you off the invitations list for my candle lit soirees
I'm not sure you should let people eat runner beans when there are naked flames around.

Last edited by Souvenir; Apr 30th 2008 at 8:03 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Getting back to graduations, I have just had an email from the college to say they are providing captioning so my mum and me can "hear"! Thats really great and so we are going.
I'm glad, have a great day.

Tom
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:14 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir;
I'm not sure you should let people eat runner beans when there are naked flames around.
They're a different sort of runners.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
They're a different sort of runners.
Explain, old git.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Souvenir
methane? me thinks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.