Costco

Old Jun 19th 2017, 3:40 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costco

Yep, I like a lot of the Kirkland brand stuff. ANd in some cases, they're actually better quality. For example, their diapers are made by Huggies, but the liner in the Kirkland ones is actually THICKER than the Huggies ones. I discovered this after I bought Huggies once when Costco had them on sale - the per-diaper price was lower than Kirkland. We could not finish that box of diapers fast enough, both of us hated them, and we had way more leaks than with the Kirkland ones even though they're made by the same company. Feeling them, you could definitely tell the Kirkland ones were more absorbent.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 6:09 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
We joined Costco again as there are some select items I like to buy there.

Yesterday we went for bath soap (works out to 62 cents per bar, same brand at Wal-Mart is 98 cents per bar) deodorant 5 pack (works out to 2.49 per each, vs 3.97 at Wal-Mart per each) and razors which worked out to about $1 per razor vs 1.99 per razor at Wal-Mart.

Items wife wanted but didn't make sense to buy at Costco:

Tide detergent. The packages are bigger, and you get more at once, but the per pod price worked out to be 0.24 per pod, vs 0.17 per pod on amazon.

Toilet paper cheaper per roll on amazon.

Mouth wash cheaper per ML on amazon.

Shave gel cheaper on Amazon.

Dishwasher detergent worked out to 0.22/pod at Costco and 0.15/pod on Amazon.

One word, 'coupons'.

I never thought I'd see the day where I read every page of the Costco coupon booklet, but if you buy some of the stuff you mentioned with $3 or $4 off, it should beat most competitors.

If you are an executive member you also get sent a few more coupon books over the year that non exec members get. Jesus I sound like my Mum now.
Old Jun 26th 2017, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

FriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really nice

If you live in Western Canada (no, not me...I don't own the blog). If you are a fan, whomever this wonderful anonyblogger person is will go to Costco every Monday morning since 2011 and go down every aisle to post sales each week without compensation or any affiliation with Costco. I enjoying the updates.

https://cocowest.ca/22139-2/
Old Jun 26th 2017, 2:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Are these the coupons they hand out at the door when entering?

I do check that one but rarely is there anything we need in it.

Originally Posted by Danny B
One word, 'coupons'.

I never thought I'd see the day where I read every page of the Costco coupon booklet, but if you buy some of the stuff you mentioned with $3 or $4 off, it should beat most competitors.

If you are an executive member you also get sent a few more coupon books over the year that non exec members get. Jesus I sound like my Mum now.
Old Jun 26th 2017, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

FriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really niceFriendlyManitoba is just really nice

There are the usual coupons, then if you keep scrolling or clicking on the weekly western Costco link, this lady goes every Monday to Costco and posts the unadvertised sales she spots down every Costco Canada western aisle, every week since 2011 without any compensation. Have to hand this person a lot of credit for her dedication, that's for sure.
Old Jun 26th 2017, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Eastern Canada Costco unadvertised sales here as well on this blog. I have no affiliation and do not know this person. I just discovered this on a blog and it's also on Facebook. I look forward to it every Monday. At the end of the blog she posts garden/seasonal deals and either eastern or western sale items.

https://cocoeast.ca/
Old Jun 26th 2017, 4:43 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FriendlyManitoba
If you live in Western Canada (no, not me...I don't own the blog). If you are a fan, whomever this wonderful anonyblogger person is will go to Costco every Monday morning since 2011 and go down every aisle to post sales each week without compensation or any affiliation with Costco. I enjoying the updates.

https://cocowest.ca/22139-2/
Funny looking Hostas....

Eastern Canada Costco unadvertised sales here as well on this blog. I have no affiliation and do not know this person. I just discovered this on a blog and it's also on Facebook. I look forward to it every Monday. At the end of the blog she posts garden/seasonal deals and either eastern or western sale items.

https://cocoeast.ca/
Manitoba...friendly but a little dull?

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jun 26th 2017 at 4:45 am.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Funny looking Hostas....

Manitoba...friendly but a little dull?
From what I understand from a blog update, the lady had to have her brother fill in while she went away. He is obviously plant challenged. Those hosta are mighty frilly and prickly.

Yeah, Manitoba is Friendly but dull. And I like it that way.
Old Jun 28th 2017, 7:04 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand from a blog update, the lady had to have her brother fill in while she went away. He is obviously plant challenged. Those hosta are mighty frilly and prickly.

Yeah, Manitoba is Friendly but dull. And I like it that way.
It was a useful post of yours- thanks- they look like conifers to me- deffo not Hostas!
Old Aug 14th 2017, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Costco vs Tiffany. Costco owes almost 20 million.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3669444/co...edium=Facebook
Old Aug 14th 2017, 11:40 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Who gives a flying f,,, tiffany is owned by avon and sells rubbish products.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 3:22 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Who gives a flying f,,, tiffany is owned by avon and sells rubbish products.
Costco obviously does, it cost them millions. My friend the jeweller says that while designs aren't' protected by intellectual property laws all major companies are extremely touchy about their logo and trademarks.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 11:42 am

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Just look at the toffany copies qvc sells even down to the copy boxes, they will just be close copies not mentioning the name, or they have been lied to by a wholesaler, either will be defended at appeal.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 11:59 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada
Just look at the toffany copies qvc sells even down to the copy boxes, they will just be close copies not mentioning the name, or they have been lied to by a wholesaler, either will be defended at appeal.
Ebay won on appeal when Tiffany sued them for profiting from counterfeits, but Costco was selling them direct,, labelled Tiffany & Co so it may not be that easy in court. Avon sold Tiffany over 30 years ago.
Old Aug 15th 2017, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker
Ebay won on appeal when Tiffany sued them for profiting from counterfeits, but Costco was selling them direct,, labelled Tiffany & Co so it may not be that easy in court. Avon sold Tiffany over 30 years ago.
Quite right, i stand corrected - avon sold it to an investment group who sold it on the stockmarket to the world. I cant see costco doing it deliberately, someone lied to them, they do a lot of sales of 'designer' stuff via grey channels and direct, so must maintain documentation, usually of more basic models, and i suspect some distributor or local tiffany co has acted in bad faith. Lets see.

I was amazed to see rolex watches and some other stuff, but then why not if costco buy a load. You also realise that in europe you cannot legally refuse to sell outside your local channel - to restrict who can sell your wares - or to go above your published factory gate prices without a rock solid reason, i myself have placed orders on a factory in germany as it was cheaper than buying in the uk. The usual get out is complex volume discounting or rewards for selling x items, but those too are supposed to ve avsilable to costco there, if they know about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.