Coronavirus

Old May 5th 2021, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Maybe Sinopharm vaccine isn't as effective as claimed? 60% of the vaccine doses administered was Sinopharm with the rest being AZ.

Maybe a new mutation that has found away around vaccine protection?

Originally Posted by Danny B
The Seychelles, which has fully vaccinated over 60% of its population against Covid-19, is bringing back restrictions amid a rise in cases.

The archipelago of nearly 100,000 people recorded close to 500 new cases in the three days to 1 May and has about 1,000 active cases.

A third of the active cases involved people who had had two vaccine doses, the country's news agency said.

How is this even possible?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56992121
Old May 5th 2021, 5:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The Seychelles, which has fully vaccinated over 60% of its population against Covid-19, is bringing back restrictions amid a rise in cases.

The archipelago of nearly 100,000 people recorded close to 500 new cases in the three days to 1 May and has about 1,000 active cases.

A third of the active cases involved people who had had two vaccine doses, the country's news agency said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56992121
People think they are immune because they had the vaccine; - rather than they are less likely to get seriously/dangerously ill if they do catch it... so they take fewer precautions, not social distancing / wearing a mask etc., I would presume....having the vaccine doesn't guarantee you won't catch it nor pass it on. Having a positiive test is one thing - but do they have any symptoms..?

I'm part of a Canada wide test to ascertain whether I have natural antibodies to Covid.. I'll be interested to find out the result in about 8-10 weeks.. particularly as I had a bout of illness 4 years ago or more that had the same symptoms as it (a SARS type of illness)... I wonder if I developed any natural immunity - and if so, can it help others?

Last edited by Siouxie; May 6th 2021 at 12:15 am. Reason: spelling
Old May 5th 2021, 5:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...fully vaccinated...
A third of the active cases involved people who had had two vaccine doses...

Perhaps it's in the fully vaccinated aspect which includes the time required after the second dose for it to be effective.
It's noticeable the report then refers to two vaccine doses, which is not quite the same thing as fully vaccinated if the time hasn't passed yet.
Old May 5th 2021, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

NB had a vaccine induced clot death. 60 year old woman.

https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/new-brun...cine-1.5415102

She started having symptoms after 7 days, went to the ER and was admitted to hospital, but died 2 days later.

The first 2 weeks are apparently the high risk for them, but they can apparently happen up to 28 days post vaccination.

Alberta as well, 52 year old woman. She received her first dose on April 21.

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/she-dese...neca-1.5414639

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; May 5th 2021 at 6:43 pm.
Old May 5th 2021, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

PNE in Vancouver will be cancelled again this summer due to COVID.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/v...n-2021-3751239
Old May 5th 2021, 10:17 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Very thoughtful of the police to give would be "non essential travelers" a heads up of their location this weekend.

https://bc-cb.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPag...5&languageId=1
Old May 5th 2021, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very thoughtful of the police to give would be "non essential travelers" a heads up of their location this weekend.

https://bc-cb.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPag...5&languageId=1
Do not know the geography, are there alternate routes to avoid the roadblocks?
Old May 5th 2021, 10:45 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Do not know the geography, are there alternate routes to avoid the roadblocks?
Once you leave Vancouver and get to Hope, you have two options of travelling to the interior of BC. Highway 5 (aka Coquihalla) or Trans Canada Highway 1. Both of these routes will have road blocks

Old May 5th 2021, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

Once you leave Vancouver and get to Hope, you have two options of travelling to the interior of BC. Highway 5 (aka Coquihalla) or Trans Canada Highway 1. Both of these routes will have road blocks
Or Highway 3 to I think 5A to 97C to get to Kelowna, we took that route once last summer to see Manning Park and go a different way back, I kind of like that routing best, more scenic and chill and less trucks which is nice.
Old May 5th 2021, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

If this is true and the lady was turned away from the first hospital and told to go home, that isn't acceptable, she may have lived had she not been turned away from the first hospital and sent home. The lady in Alberta who died from a clot, he daughter is the one who is saying the first hospital turned her mother away.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7836628/d...bXSiPg4OlPPdNE
Old May 6th 2021, 1:09 am
Tea Drinker

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Or Highway 3 to I think 5A to 97C to get to Kelowna, we took that route once last summer to see Manning Park and go a different way back, I kind of like that routing best, more scenic and chill and less trucks which is nice.
I also forgot about the really really long way via Highway 99. This route has a road check in Lillooet though.
Vancouver > Squamish > Whistler > Lillooet> Cache Creek > Kamloops.
Old May 6th 2021, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

I also forgot about the really really long way via Highway 99. This route has a road check in Lillooet though.
But of course if you are heading here from Alberta come on in we have a couple of signs but no road checks!!!
Old May 6th 2021, 3:56 am
Account Closed

How did I forget that one. I've actually done it once when I first moved to BC as was exploring.

Old May 6th 2021, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If your in BC, the BC CDC has a COVID survey, closes May 9th if your interested.

COVID-19 Survey
Pre boarding PCR test - clear , pre boarding heath declaration - clear , pre boarding temperature check - clear - 8 hours later I have covid... 🤔
Old May 6th 2021, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

OrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond reputeOrangeMango has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
People think they are immune because they had the vaccine; - rather than they are less likely to get seriously/dangerously ill if they do catch it... so they take fewer precautions, not social distancing / wearing a mask etc., I would presume....having the vaccine doesn't guarantee you won't catch it nor pass it on.
I am afraid, you're not correct here. It's been scientifically proven that one is immune with the vaccine and you can't pass it on. This is certainly the case with the Pfizer/BionTech vaccine and has been published as well. It's sadly only in Canada where the vaccine and it's effectiveness is always in doubt.

Even the lesser effective vector based Astra Zeneca is having a very positive effect in the UK already not only in infection rates, but also in positive attitudes by the general population and politicians. However I am not certain about not passing anything on, when one has had the Astra Zeneca vaccine. At least I haven't red anything anywhere.
Originally Posted by Siouxie
I'm part of a Canada wide test to ascertain whether I have natural antibodies to Covid.. I'll be interested to find out the result in about 8-10 weeks.. particularly as I had a bout of illness 4 years ago or more that had the same symptoms as it (a SARS type of illness)... I wonder if I developed any natural immunity - and if so, can it help others?
What one can actually do out of personal medical interest is to take a blood test around 4 weeks after the 2nd vaccine has been administered, and get the full results on antibodies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.