Coronavirus

Old Mar 13th 2020, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by dbd33
To be clear, IMV If everyone who participates in golf dropped dead from the coronavirus tomorrow the world would be a better, and more beautiful place, and would have a population with improved hand/eye coordination.

I've just been to Costco. I panic bought chocolate. If you're going to devote two hours to queuing you may as well achieve something. Rather a jolly crowd, spirit of the blitz and all that. Except, of course, the BMW driver taking up two spots. I expect he was a golfer.
No, he was just a BMW driver.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 4:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Don't usually like that guy....but that was pretty spot on! I still haven't found anyone to tell me why they are buying bog roll! No one knows! lol.
Costco has no bog roll. They have someone standing at the bog roll rack repeating "tomorrow" and "no, I don't know what time tomorrow".
Old Mar 13th 2020, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Costco has no bog roll. They have someone standing at the bog roll rack repeating "tomorrow" and "no, I don't know what time tomorrow".
Really?? I just can' t fathom it out! no one knows why.

My cousin in the UK just sent me a screen shot from Amazon of a pack of 4 rolls of Andrex.... nearly 20 quid!! No joke!
Old Mar 13th 2020, 5:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I can’t believe how bad things are at the stores today. A few days ago Costco and the nearby supermarkets had stocks of everything apart from hand sanitizer and wipes. Stacked high with toilet paper, kitchen towels, water etc. Today, my daughter who has just got back from the UK, when to the supermarket and there was very little left. Suppose that was because of the shock of kids being off school and people having to work from home, which was announced yesterday.

Hopefully when people have stocked up, things will die down a little.

Old Mar 13th 2020, 5:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I can’t believe how bad things are at the stores today. A few days ago Costco and the nearby supermarkets had stocks of everything apart from hand sanitizer and wipes. Stacked high with toilet paper, kitchen towels, water etc. Today, my daughter who has just got back from the UK, when to the supermarket and there was very little left. Suppose that was because of the shock of kids being off school and people having to work from home, which was announced yesterday.

Hopefully when people have stocked up, things will die down a little.
I hope so too, but here there hasn't been a loo roll in this City for 4 weeks and it's just getting worse. Supermarkets have also introduced limits on the amount of certain items, only two each per customer for pasta, flour, rice, paper towels and tissues.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 5:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I hope so too, but here there hasn't been a loo roll in this City for 4 weeks and it's just getting worse. Supermarkets have also introduced limits on the amount of certain items, only two each per customer for pasta, flour, rice, paper towels and tissues.
No pasta at Costco. I can't say I'm heartbroken over that.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 5:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

No pasta at Costco. I can't say I'm heartbroken over that.
You don't like pasta? Mama Mia!
Old Mar 13th 2020, 5:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

neither do I but hubby loves it
Old Mar 13th 2020, 5:22 pm
Assimilated Pauper

And that daughter married to an Italian. I should hang my head.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 5:24 pm
Concierge

And that daughter married to an Italian. I should hang my head.
...and say 3 Hail Marys.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 5:26 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
neither do I but hubby loves it
Scouse can't get enough of it either. He's always in seventh heaven in Italy. I only like the fresh stuff, not dried.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
That's the level I am at, concerned. I hope your training is just postponed opposed to cancelled.
I am hoping. I just don't see things getting better in the next 2 weeks and if anything worse, so not sure travelling thousands of kilometers from home is even a good decision right now.

I am really not sure anymore.

Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

British Airways is now offering full-value vouchers to those who planned to travel between 14th March 2020 and 31st May 2020.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

I'm still holding out, I think refunds are coming eventually, are they really going to fly planes with 5 people on board?
Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond reputeTumbling_Dice has a reputation beyond repute

My training in Toronto, scheduled for mid-April, has been postponed. Not surprising.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 8:01 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I tried watching the press conference, and started swearing at Trump, and I swore at Pence and then I even swore at Walmart and Walgreens. Other than my hatred and irrational outbursts, I liked the plan they have. I don't for a second believe these assholes had any part in developing it, but the Google website that's supposed to be up on Sunday night for screening, then the drive through test sites and house call testing for the infirm seem like the right course of action.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.