Coronavirus

Old Dec 1st 2020, 1:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It is interesting reading the experiences of people around the province for testing.

Some places are walk in and take a bit of time, other places have doctors screening before testing, my area I just had to make an appointment online, answer self screening questions, walk next door, nurse did the test, in and out in less than 10 minutes. No drive thru service though, you have to go inside the urgent care facility.
And this rapid test is the one that told my husband was negative and less than a week later the longer test showed him as positive. The false negative for the rapid test is from 2% to 37%.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 2:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
And this rapid test is the one that told my husband was negative and less than a week later the longer test showed him as positive. The false negative for the rapid test is from 2% to 37%.

It's not rapid in the sense you get the results, it was the entire check in to them getting the sample that was quick, the actual results take days, I still haven't gotten the results yet, maybe soon, they did say up to 4 days, today is day 3.

I am sick with something, just need to find out if its COVID or not.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 1st 2020 at 2:09 am.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 2:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It's not rapid in the sense you get the results, it was the entire check in to them getting the sample that was quick, the actual results take days, I still haven't gotten the results yet, maybe soon, they did say up to 4 days, today is day 3.

I am sick with something, just need to find out if its COVID or not.
Not here. The rapid test you make the appointment online, complete the questionnaire and they give you the appointment. You drive up to the booth, they do the swab in the nose and advise you of the result in one hour. That is the rapid test.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 2:19 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

This is not the case in all cases of covid-19. My husband is on quarantine with a positive case of covid-19 and it has never affected his sense of smell. As for symptoms, he has never had a cough or a runny nose. He doesn't go shopping or out of the house without a mask and still he has tested positive. Yes, he has been sick with a pad ear infection, which caused vertigo, loss of appetite, and fatigue. He is current taking the same regiment of drugs that President Trump took. 14 days of meds, 3 pills morning and night.

So very sorry to read this Rete...as though you haven’t got enough on your plate at the moment. I hope hubby recovers quickly. (((HUGS)))
Old Dec 1st 2020, 2:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The rapid tests are not known for quality accuracy.

Needs to be a deep nasal swab test . How quick it comes back is variable however one might be a neg on first test yet a following test several days later can produce a pos result. It's a virus with an incubation period.

Old Dec 1st 2020, 3:02 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
So very sorry to read this Rete...as though you haven’t got enough on your plate at the moment. I hope hubby recovers quickly. (((HUGS)))
We will know Lisa's diagnosis tomorrow.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 3:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You've had to wait so long Rete, it must have been a horrible week+ for you all. Hoping so much for a favorable diagnosis for Lisa.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 3:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Not here. The rapid test you make the appointment online, complete the questionnaire and they give you the appointment. You drive up to the booth, they do the swab in the nose and advise you of the result in one hour. That is the rapid test.
I don't think BC is using that kind of test, the spit water is shipped to a lab somewhere or labs, no idea which labs or where are doing the actual testing part.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 4:16 am
Account Closed

With 80% of deaths in care homes over the weekend, I do wonder if there is any way to really control it effectively in such an environment. The staff will always be the weak link the chain, they don't live hermetically sealed, and while they wear masks, and take precautions at work, they could be come infected at home for example, bring it to work before they realize they are sick or their kids bring it home from school, and so on.

I really can't see a viable way to where it can be prevented, unless they locked down, nobody in or out, staff stay on site and never leave, but of course that isn't viable at all.

Must be horrible for the workers as well, trying their best, most underpaid, and risking their own health.

Old Dec 1st 2020, 5:04 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This is not the case in all cases of covid-19. My husband is on quarantine with a positive case of covid-19 and it has never affected his sense of smell. As for symptoms, he has never had a cough or a runny nose. He doesn't go shopping or out of the house without a mask and still he has tested positive. Yes, he has been sick with a bad ear infection, which caused vertigo, loss of appetite, and fatigue. He is currently taking the same regiment of drugs that President Trump took. 14 days of meds, 3 pills morning and night.
Sorry to read that & I hope he improves well. . Please have him and you take care with an unproven regime like that. Not good.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 7:23 am
Account Closed

While 490 cases may not seem like a lot, there were 212 new cases just over the weekend in the interior region where we are.

It's a little concerning its getting close to 500 active cases in a region with just shy of 800,000.

Vancouver Coastal has 1.25 million in their catchment area.

Old Dec 1st 2020, 11:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Everything is crossed for a positive diagnosis.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

I called the BCCD negative results line, apparently the interior is super backed up at the lab level, but my sample was received by the lab on Saturday at 7:12pm, but results are still pending.

Example of the idiocy you will find in the interior of BC, this example from Vernon, about an hour from West Kelowna. There has been other anti-COVID things posted in Kelowna as well, and there is usually an anti-COVID/mask/health orders protest every weekend.
Spoiler:

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 1st 2020 at 5:40 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2020, 6:18 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I called the BCCD negative results line, apparently the interior is super backed up at the lab level, but my sample was received by the lab on Saturday at 7:12pm, but results are still pending.

Example of the idiocy you will find in the interior of BC, this example from Vernon, about an hour from West Kelowna. There has been other anti-COVID things posted in Kelowna as well, and there is usually an anti-COVID/mask/health orders protest every weekend.

I'm confused. How have the sons of Thomas Jefferson, crossed the border from the US to threaten retribution to mask narcs in BC? Or are they deeply confused right wing douchebags who found something on the internet, thought "damn thats cool" and used in Vernon, in blissful ignorance of who Thomas Jefferson was?
Old Dec 1st 2020, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I'm confused. How have the sons of Thomas Jefferson, crossed the border from the US to threaten retribution to mask narcs in BC? Or are they deeply confused right wing douchebags who found something on the internet, thought "damn thats cool" and used in Vernon, in blissful ignorance of who Thomas Jefferson was?
These types rarely make sense. This area does seem to have a fair few conspiracy followers though, maybe its in their handbook.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.