Coronavirus

Old Jun 16th 2021, 10:31 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coronavirus

75.861%

of adults (18+) in Ontario have received at least one dose
https://covid19tracker.ca/provincevac.html?p=ON
Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:14 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I got my second dose yesterday.

Such is the chaos of Ontario's pandemic response a relatively healthy 42 year old who was told by his doctor his odds of hospitalization by the virus was 50,000 to 1 and who lives alone with little contact with people can be in the first 15% of people vaccinated properly???? God knows what happened to all the poor people older than me and those more vulnerable?

We don't get too many line up's anymore. When it started they were bad for the supermarket and LCBO- although for the latter you could pre-buy online and pick up with no hassle.

Friday late afternoon/Early evening the LCBO gets busy. There is a Loblaws that sells beer next door so if I don't fancy the line I head there. If there is a line at the Loblaws you just go to another door for the Shoppers Drug Mart and then head on up to the Loblaws. I do this often with my headset in. No one says anything they just shrug and look in dismay because they joined a line unwittingly.

They're talking about easing the lockdown faster in Ontario. They should new cases are nicely down and hospitals are emptying. Is it over? I think they'll struggle to lock it down again- even in Canada.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We had our first AZ vax 12 weeks this coming Monday. Going for Pfizer for the second, but all the nearby pharmacies are out of stock. Nothing to do with blood clot fears, but 1 shot AZ and 1 shot Pfizer seems to give the best immunity, or so the experts on TV say.
i just got an email asking for my preference for the second dose, having had AZ for the first dose. We have chosen to switch to Pfizer, for the same reason as you. Can I ask if you had bad side effects after getting your second dose, a lot of articles seem to say this is the case.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
i just got an email asking for my preference for the second dose, having had AZ for the first dose. We have chosen to switch to Pfizer, for the same reason as you. Can I ask if you had bad side effects after getting your second dose, a lot of articles seem to say this is the case.
Neither of us had side effects after dose 1 or 2.
Old Jun 16th 2021, 11:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I got my second dose yesterday.

Such is the chaos of Ontario's pandemic response a relatively healthy 42 year old who was told by his doctor his odds of hospitalization by the virus was 50,000 to 1 and who lives alone with little contact with people can be in the first 15% of people vaccinated properly???? God knows what happened to all the poor people older than me and those more vulnerable?

We don't get too many line up's anymore. When it started they were bad for the supermarket and LCBO- although for the latter you could pre-buy online and pick up with no hassle.

Friday late afternoon/Early evening the LCBO gets busy. There is a Loblaws that sells beer next door so if I don't fancy the line I head there. If there is a line at the Loblaws you just go to another door for the Shoppers Drug Mart and then head on up to the Loblaws. I do this often with my headset in. No one says anything they just shrug and look in dismay because they joined a line unwittingly.

They're talking about easing the lockdown faster in Ontario. They should new cases are nicely down and hospitals are emptying. Is it over? I think they'll struggle to lock it down again- even in Canada.
My daughter got her 2nd dose on Saturday. She called the local pharmacy Sat lunchtime…got a call a few hours later saying that had a cancellation.

People queuing from 1 am earlier in the week, at a gov. vax site. When the facility opened they were told people with small children would be allowed in first. As you say…chaos.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 12:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Did some searches at surrounding clinics and found some 2nd dose spots on Monday, so Monday now for us instead of Friday, 5 days earlier, works for me. Moderna or Pfizer, they don't specify which mRNA it will be, depends on what the clinic has when you arrive.
Old Jun 17th 2021, 11:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Toronto General Hospital…for the first time in 15 months, there are no infectious Covid cases in the hospital’s ICU.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 17th 2021 at 4:22 pm.
Old Jun 18th 2021, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
I had what I would say moderate side effects from both doses of Pfizer.

1st dose for about 3-4 days I felt extremely tired/lethargic and did not want to do much except lay on the couch. Also had a right sore arm but that is to be expected.
2nd dose same tired/lethargic but lasted 8 days. Also on the 2nd and 3rd nights I tossed and turned and had a really high heart rate/fast beating heart. I also just felt generally unwell and didn't want to eat too much. But nothing too horrible and nothing I felt like I needed medical attention for. Just shy of two weeks past my second dose and I feel fine now. I can get back to life! (No, i'm not waiting for Tam to pat me on the back and say its ok to resume my pre-pandemic activities)
Old Jun 18th 2021, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Canada has extended the border closure with the US until July 21 however there is some hope this time around, seems Monday we will learn more about the starting of exemptions for fully vaccinated Canadians to travel to/from Canada.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/canada-e...y-21-1.1618748

Old Jun 19th 2021, 3:38 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Trudeau has also said that he wants a minimum of 75% with 1st jab, and 20% with both jabs in Canada as a whole before considering opening the border.
Old Jun 19th 2021, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

OH had his second jab yesterday ............. in and out, no fuss about being on time.

He was out after the 15 minute wait less than 5 minutes later than what had been his appointment time.

He's feeling a little "pressure" if he presses on the site, but otherwise nothing.
Old Jun 19th 2021, 4:42 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Trudeau has also said that he wants a minimum of 75% with 1st jab, and 20% with both jabs in Canada as a whole before considering opening the border.
We are close to that

Old Jun 19th 2021, 2:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

John Tory, Mayor of Toronto, has announced 75% of Torontonians have had a 1st dose, 25% have had 1st and 2nd doses.
Old Jun 19th 2021, 3:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
John Tory, Mayor of Toronto, has announced 75% of Torontonians have had a 1st dose, 25% have had 1st and 2nd doses.
Hamilton have their figures on their website, including age, 'postcode area' and category.. - 71.8% vaccinated (no breakdown of how many are 'fully vaccinated')
https://www.hamilton.ca/coronavirus/...e-distribution
Old Jun 19th 2021, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

After much difficulty and confusion on the part of the vaccine appointment people on the phone, and a website that wasn't working, we have been rescheduled at a different location for Tuesday now, our Monday appointment was cancelled due to lack of supply and location not having sufficient vaccine available, so hoping the new location on Tuesday will have enough and we will be able to get it done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.