Reload this Page >

Are the cops nicer here????

Are the cops nicer here????

Old May 3rd 2009, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Johnny_Law is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are the cops nicer here????

I am tired of dealing with this crap <snip> I need a new location

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 3rd 2009 at 9:04 pm. Reason: External website removed
Old May 3rd 2009, 9:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are the cops nicer here????

Hi Johnny and welcome to the forum.

You'll find plenty of policing problems everywhere in the world - and frankly, I can think of better reasons to emigrate!

But if you're thinking of moving to Canada then check out the Wiki (on blue bar at top of page) to see if you'd be eligible for a visa and for lots of other info.

Old May 3rd 2009, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Johnny_Law is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I'll check it out. I have noticed a huge difference between the way cops treat me in the US as opposed to canada
Old May 4th 2009, 1:15 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Strange really, I know lots of people who have problems with law enforcement in all its incarnations.

I must be really lucky as I've gone through life with plenty of interaction with them, but to date, I have never had a problem, always been treated well, mostly end up having a bit of a laugh and a joke with them. Never been abused or even talked down to (for long), and have never been roughed-up or framed.

I have been stopped by the Police in the UK, France, Poland, Italy, USA, Canada all motoring related. - No problems.

I've actually been suspected of drug smuggling and terrorism by UK customs after a trip behind the "iron curtain" in the late 70's, I was searched at every boarder crossing for 5 years after that event, and I've always been treated politely.
Old May 4th 2009, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

What a strange question.

Come to, or avoid Calgary. Lots of ex-UK cops now walking the various beats !
Old May 7th 2009, 3:04 am
AB Realtor

Stophie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ann m
Come to, or avoid Calgary. Lots of ex-UK cops now walking the various beats !
Same in Okotoks!
Old May 7th 2009, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Not actually walking the beat, surely. They just all live there ! (or here)