The confessional

Old Nov 18th 2017, 5:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The confessional

Originally Posted by BristolUK
How is gravy an essential element of fish and chips? Who on earth puts gravy on fish?

I remember enjoying faggot peas and chips and a certain amount of gravy with the faggot. Curry sauce and chips too.
But chips and gravy? Just no. And no form of cheese with chips or gravy.

It's almost as bizarre as a hot chicken sandwich not involving hot chicken.
You can get poutine with curry sauce I haven't tried it, so couldn't tell you if it's any good.

I had poutine with beef (like rare roast beef),.. try it!

I must admit I like grated cheese on chips, from time to time (I also like mayo with them).

A local hostelry does hot turkey sandwich, layers of hot sliced turkey breast on top of a slice of bread with a good turkey gravy poured over, served with mashed potato. It's not my favourite but it's edible.

Old Nov 18th 2017, 6:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Never had cheesy chips? Cheesy chips and salad?
I've had chips with grated cheese, chips with various cheese flans/cheese pasties, don't like the combination.
Meat pie and chips and gravy?
Had that, not bad but the gravy from the pie spoils the chips. Prefer chicken and mushroom pie for that reason, otherwise I separate the chips from the pie.
The curds just melt into the gravy making extra good gravy.
Try it sometime but avoid McDonalds poutine - it's a travesty.
How could I live with a Quebeccer family and not have tried it. It was as bad as I feared.
Old Nov 18th 2017, 7:36 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I've had chips with grated cheese, chips with various cheese flans/cheese pasties, don't like the combination.

Had that, not bad but the gravy from the pie spoils the chips. Prefer chicken and mushroom pie for that reason, otherwise I separate the chips from the pie.

How could I live with a Quebeccer family and not have tried it. It was as bad as I feared.
You're just weird
Old Nov 18th 2017, 7:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
You're just weird
No argument from me. My nickname at school was loony.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

My nickname at school was loony.
Because you'll do anything for $1??
Old Nov 19th 2017, 2:09 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
Because you'll do anything for $1??
Nothing so glamorous. I sort of inherited it.

My brother was the original Loony and his mates called me Loony Junior so, naturally, the junior was dropped for me.