Cell Phone Stupidity

Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:10 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cell Phone Stupidity

Rogers are complete bag of toss pots!!

ear daughters blackberry has dies - within the year . .. they will send her a replacement one - - -when it comes in stock ,, , its now obsolete , , ,so?? oh they say we are waiting for some more - but you just told me you dont make it any more!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Rogers are complete bag of toss pots!!

ear daughters blackberry has dies - within the year . .. they will send her a replacement one - - -when it comes in stock ,, , its now obsolete , , ,so?? oh they say we are waiting for some more - but you just told me you dont make it any more!!!!!!!!
ah yes, but the replacement isn't new it's refurbished and you don't get an extension of the warranty

If its the trackball not working you can take it out and clean it.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:21 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Same thing would have happened with Virgin Mobile and possibly any other pay as you go provider so not really a gripe against Rogers.
Only in this country.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:23 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Only in this country.
I realise that but right or wrong it's standard practice here and if you have PAYG you should be aware of it from day one.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:27 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
ah yes, but the replacement isn't new it's refurbished and you don't get an extension of the warranty

They said it will be a new one - we have had the thing apart - its just buggered!!
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
They said it will be a new one - we have had the thing apart - its just buggered!!
They lie. It's refurbished.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:37 pm
half a century

They lie. It's refurbished.
hmm - I may have to have another call to them then - been waiting 3 weeks any way . . . . .
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:41 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Do they stick your contract back to day one of a new three year contract as well? They did this to us without mentioning it - only when I called to find out when our contracts were up did they mention that we had only just had a new three year contract...
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Do they stick your contract back to day one of a new three year contract as well? They did this to us without mentioning it - only when I called to find out when our contracts were up did they mention that we had only just had a new three year contract...
No, I don't have a contract. Prefer to buy the phone outright and then get what I want when I want.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:44 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I realise that but right or wrong it's standard practice here and if you have PAYG you should be aware of it from day one.
Not with 7/11, their PAYG credit lasts a year from date of purchase.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:15 am
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Cell Phone Stupidity

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I hate Rogers as well. The drive me round the bend on an almost monthly basis!
Rogers... more like "Rotters"

Same thing would have happened with Virgin Mobile and possibly any other pay as you go provider so not really a gripe against Rogers.
I know, but i like to moan about something....you cant smile all the time
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:29 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Oink
Not with 7/11, their PAYG credit lasts a year from date of purchase.
How much does it cost?

Virgin offers a year long one too it costs $100.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 1:35 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

If you take it in to a mobile phone repair shop, they'll probably have it done in an hour.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 3:04 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

How much does it cost?

Virgin offers a year long one too it costs $100.
my last 7/11 speak out top-up was for $25 and will expire summer 2011. this seem to confirm that all payg-denominations they sell ($25, $50, $75, $100) last for a year.
and obviously they've reacted to the need of messaging and browsing bundles:
http://speakout7eleven.ca/pages/rates/

the sim-cards work on the rodgers gsm network.