Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Croakers 2016

Celebrity Croakers 2016

Old Dec 29th 2016, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celebrity Croakers 2016

Economy personified! They can share the same box! Bonus!
Old Dec 29th 2016, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosylady
R I P Debbie Reynolds.
Yes indeed. She was a great performer in her day. The dancing scenes from Singing in the Rain will go down in entertainment history.
Old Dec 29th 2016, 1:43 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

2017 thread is up. http://britishexpats.com/forum/maple.../#post12138384

Anyone who was 'active' this year (so basically did update their picks) has been automatically put into the 2017 sheet. You have until the 15th to change or update your picks, you aren't stuck with last year's, I've just put in last year's as a starting point.

Still two days left of this croaktastic year, but the standings as of now:
Schnooks - 142
bats - 131
Oakvillian, Partially Discharged, tootlepootle - 108
haggis88 - 104

Please review your picks to see if anyone else croaked and I missed updating the spreadsheet.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
2017 thread is up. http://britishexpats.com/forum/maple.../#post12138384

Anyone who was 'active' this year (so basically did update their picks) has been automatically put into the 2017 sheet. You have until the 15th to change or update your picks, you aren't stuck with last year's, I've just put in last year's as a starting point.

Still two days left of this croaktastic year, but the standings as of now:
Schnooks - 142
bats - 131
Oakvillian, Partially Discharged, tootlepootle - 108
haggis88 - 104

Please review your picks to see if anyone else croaked and I missed updating the spreadsheet.
So Schnooks what I need to know is how did you do so well?? I considered joining in with this last year but couldn't think of enough celebrities of sufficient age or risky lifestyle...so did you research or just guess? Do entrants usually do better with a few years experience of morbidly sizing up the well known? Or is a complete beginner in with a chance?
Old Dec 30th 2016, 2:27 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
So Schnooks what I need to know is how did you do so well?? I considered joining in with this last year but couldn't think of enough celebrities of sufficient age or risky lifestyle...so did you research or just guess? Do entrants usually do better with a few years experience of morbidly sizing up the well known? Or is a complete beginner in with a chance?
Haha. Worth noting I stank in 2015!

Castro had been in the news ton, so it wasn't much secret that he would go. Same with Ali, he's had exceptionally few public appearances...he'd been on my list since I started. Howe had already had one scare in late 2015 so I figured he was higher odds.

Crowe I found from a whole 5 minutes on Google. Got lucky (?) that he was pretty young, so decent points. Some of my current pics have been in the news recently.

I didn't get on the Rob Ford bandwagon, but others did and in particular made him the joker. Just having a bit knowledge of entertainment news helps.

So does pure dumb luck lol.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 8:26 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I tried it once but had no plan. There are websites that just tell you who the prime candidates are just as there are for fantasy sports drafts but that's no fun so I picked poor Zsa Zsa and she had years left (the Black Knight in Holy Grail), picked Willie Nelson because of his age and then researched and discovered how disgustingly healthy he is, and picked Justin Bieber because he was drag racing in sports cars, puking on stage, cancelling concerts, and frankly I just wouldn't miss him, and he managed to survive as well. After discovering that I am totally inept at it and not interested in just importing a celeb croakers list I decided it was morbid and dis-respectful, but conceed that it may be theraputic to put a celeb you don't care for on your list.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I tried it once but had no plan. There are websites that just tell you who the prime candidates are just as there are for fantasy sports drafts but that's no fun so I picked poor Zsa Zsa and she had years left (the Black Knight in Holy Grail), picked Willie Nelson because of his age and then researched and discovered how disgustingly healthy he is, and picked Justin Bieber because he was drag racing in sports cars, puking on stage, cancelling concerts, and frankly I just wouldn't miss him, and he managed to survive as well. After discovering that I am totally inept at it and not interested in just importing a celeb croakers list I decided it was morbid and dis-respectful, but conceed that it may be theraputic to put a celeb you don't care for on your list.

If I turns out I don't come up with a list it will be entirely down to me discovering my moral outrage then
Old Dec 30th 2016, 11:27 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I tried it once but had no plan...

After discovering that I am totally inept at it and not interested in just importing a celeb croakers list I decided it was morbid and dis-respectful, but conceed that it may be theraputic to put a celeb you don't care for on your list.
Yes I did it caretakers way once too. A couple of years back but I was pretty pants at it.

I too put Beiber on my list, and Britney Spears in a hopefully sort of way...if I were to do it now I'd have anyone named Khardashian on it
Old Dec 30th 2016, 2:31 pm
Concierge

This [incredibly morbid] site is useful for getting some ideas. https://www.deathlist.net/ They don't have their 2017 list up yet.

I had Amanda Bynes on my list a few years ago when she was heavy into drugs and getting arrested left right and centre... similar to Spears/Bieber. LMAO that Kardashian is a decent option in recent times. Lindsay Lohan is a near-constant in those ranks as well.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 3:12 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Wow now another famous TV star

Hong Kong Phooey found dead
Old Dec 31st 2016, 7:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a celebrity to most, but still had an influence in early Hollywood animation.

Tyrus Wong, artist whose paintings inspired Disney's 'Bambi' and other films, dies at 106 - LA Times
Old Jan 1st 2017, 1:50 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

William Christopher from M*A*S*H television show has died.

MASH Star William Christopher Has Died: Reports

One of my favorite shows ever, and his character was one of the most likable.
Old Jan 1st 2017, 2:04 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
...M*A*S*H...One of my favorite shows ever....
Brilliant TV.

Did you ever get to see it without the awful laughter track?
Old Jan 1st 2017, 2:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Brilliant TV.

Did you ever get to see it without the awful laughter track?
No. It's always had the laugh track when I see it on TV and on DVD. Had no idea it was ever shown without.

I never saw it in original run, I discovered it in the late 90's.
Old Jan 1st 2017, 2:29 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
No. It's always had the laugh track when I see it on TV and on DVD. Had no idea it was ever shown without.

I never saw it in original run, I discovered it in the late 90's.
Other way round for me. It was on BBC2 (BBC's second channel for minority interests) tucked away late on Sunday nights. I caught it by accident at first and was hooked, disbelieving what I was watching for an American TV series.

From wiki: The laugh track is also omitted from some international and syndicated airings of the show; on one occasion during an airing on BBC2, the laugh track was accidentally left on, and viewers expressed their displeasure, an apology from the network for the "technical difficulty" was later released, as during its original run on BBC2 in the UK, it was shown without the laugh track. UK DVD critics speak poorly of the laugh track, stating "canned laughter is intrusive at the best of times, but with a programme like M*A*S*H, it's downright unbearable."

Interesting. 2016 began with the death of 'Trapper' John McIntyre on the first and bows out with Father Mulcahy's death.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.