Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

CBC website - anyone familiar with comments policies?

CBC website - anyone familiar with comments policies?

Old Oct 7th 2020, 10:28 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default CBC website - anyone familiar with comments policies?

I made a few comments on the latest Covid news report for New Brunswick on the CBC website.

Then a comment appeared from someone with no context but asking people to watch a video by Dr Reiner Fuellmich. I googled and there appears to be a connection with BitChute.

I posted a reply to advise readers that this was a hosting site known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hateful material.

A minute or so later I noticed that my comment was "awaiting moderation" which is unusual. None of the other comments showed this. So I thought maybe there's a filter and it doesn't like what appears to be the word bitch but is bitchute. Or perhaps the OP had reported my post super quick.

I made a second response asking if the OP was expecting us to watch claims of covid 19 having been planned years ago - this is the doctor's claim. But that, too says awaiting moderation.

So what is it, because my first had a doubt that the second one did too? So I experimented. I made a response to someone else.
No problem, published immediately.

So two responses to one person and awaiting moderation. No moderation issues with any other comment by me nor anyone else.
I used a different browser where I was not signed in to CBC and only the OP's post appears. Mine are not there at all.

Back in the original browser, the OP is still there and so are my comments but awaiting moderation. So my comments currently are only visible to me.

Why?

Is this person known for stuff like this and they want to check replies? Should CBC not be checking his content first?
Is he reporting any response that he doesn't like?

Anyone with any other ideas?
Old Oct 7th 2020, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CBC website - anyone familiar with comments policies?

Stop commenting on CBC and stick to BE. True you won't have as many seeing your comments if they get posted but probably would get posted on sites like BE
Old Oct 7th 2020, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I read they are laying people off, maybe they laid off people responsible for moderating

My guess if its only happening when you reply to a specific person, guess maybe they have issues with that person so moderate all the replies?
Old Oct 8th 2020, 12:28 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I read they are laying people off, maybe they laid off people responsible for moderating

My guess if its only happening when you reply to a specific person, guess maybe they have issues with that person so moderate all the replies?
One response - left there - suggests someone normally familiar with him (he does have a certain history there ) and perhaps he didn't bother so much as he did about the one that identified the, shall we say, unreliability of his source. I'm thinking that he objects to the response and they go along with it.
The report feature is simply a flag and there's no field to say why one is reporting it.

I have emailed them about it but the automated response suggests a proper reply is unlikely, although it does invite a further response rather than the usual "no reply" feature. So I took them up on it. It just looks a bit fishy.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 5:21 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

As a professional (certified) moderator, in all likelihood there is a premoderation automated hold on the posts due to the word 'bitch(ute)' - awaiting a live moderator to check the content. Nothing to be concerned about.

https://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-ca/arti...BC-moderators-
https://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-ca/arti...tly-on-CBC-ca-
https://cbchelp.cbc.ca/hc/en-ca/arti...n-used-at-CBC-
https://www.cbc.ca/aboutcbc/discover/submissions.html

CBC receive hundreds of comments a day/week and no professional moderator would take 'sides' because someone is a frequent poster... there will be a team of moderators and as such they will have to remain within very specific guidelines - no favouritism permiitted. HTH's

Some CBC communities are moderated by CBC staff, while others are moderated by external moderators and/or by automated tools.

Whether submissions (comments) are reviewed manually by a person and/or automatically by a machine, they are not approved or rejected based on personal views and we don’t try to create “balance” in the views shared in our online communities. If a particular story attracts individuals that may hold similar views, we publish what we receive (assuming the input meets the submission guidelines).

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 8th 2020 at 5:30 am.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 3:30 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Lol @ "automated tools".
Old Oct 8th 2020, 6:08 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
As a professional (certified) moderator, in all likelihood there is a premoderation automated hold on the posts due to the word 'bitch(ute)' - awaiting a live moderator to check the content. Nothing to be concerned about.
I would like to believe that but then it turned from awaiting moderation to disabled (deleted) suggesting it wasn't just the word. Perhaps I should test it by writing about Scunthorpe.
It really was only posts made in response to that particular poster. Everything else was fine. Subsequent attempted responses, plus unrelated posts, and events after my post here (on BE), suggest that poster reported my comments. All other comments were up with no interruption.

There's more about it on TIO if you were interested. Thanks for your thoughts.