Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Old Oct 8th 2020, 6:11 am
I'm Not Dead Yet!

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off topic Political Posts moved from Coronavirus thread

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
You said "a comment appeared from someone with no context but asking people to watch a video by Dr Reiner Fuellmich. I googled and there appears to be a connection with BitChute"

"I posted a reply to advise readers that this was a hosting site known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hateful material.".

Did you take a look at the specific video posted, and was that video problematic? One interpretation of what you are saying is that you were complaining about 'other things' that the video's host site has done, rather than what 'this specific' video was saying.

Have you tried 'reporting' (officially) the original post - the one that posts the video link (assuming the video itself is indeed an issue)?

My point being - even though the video's host may be responsible for hosting 'bad stuff', if the video in question is actually benign, then maybe it's their policy to take down such comments?
I think the video is this one... I don't have 49 minutes spare to watch it this morning.

DR. REINER FUELLMICH - CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY

Old Oct 8th 2020, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
This is a bit Canada (CBC) specific but there are a few here on the dark side that are familiar.

I made a few comments on the latest Covid news report for New Brunswick on the CBC website.

Then a comment appeared from someone with no context but asking people to watch a video by Dr Reiner Fuellmich. I googled and there appears to be a connection with BitChute.

I posted a reply to advise readers that this was a hosting site known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hateful material.

A minute or so later I noticed that my comment was "awaiting moderation" which is unusual. None of the other comments showed this. So I thought maybe there's a filter and it doesn't like what appears to be the word bitch but is bitchute. Or perhaps the OP had reported my post super quick.

I made a second response asking if the OP was expecting us to watch claims of covid 19 having been planned years ago - this is the doctor's claim. But that, too says awaiting moderation.

So what is it, because my first had a doubt that the second one did too? So I experimented. I made a response to someone else.
No problem, published immediately.

So two responses to one person and awaiting moderation. No moderation issues with any other comment by me nor anyone else.
I used a different browser where I was not signed in to CBC and only the OP's post appears. Mine are not there at all.

Back in the original browser, the OP is still there and so are my comments but awaiting moderation. So my comments currently are only visible to me.

Why?

Is this person known for stuff like this and they want to check replies? Should CBC not be checking his content first?
Is he reporting any response that he doesn't like?

Anyone with any other ideas?

Edited to add that awaiting moderation has been changed to comment disabled.

Somebody else has responded (too much youtube isn't good for you) but that one is there.
I'll offer a more likely explanation, if I may?

Dr Reiner Fuellmich's videos are hosted on YouTube as well as on BitChute - the latter in case someone decides they want to get them cancelled from YouTube - which is often achieved through people such as yourself(?) flagging videos as "problematic". It looks like you believe that since Bitchute *can* accomodate "right wing individuals" and "conspiracy theorists" as well as pretty much anything else - and you can't get them deleted, then everything on BitChute is therefore verboten and even mentioning that a video is available on BitChute deserves cancellation.

The CBC website admins probably correctly identified (maybe as the result of someone flagging YOUR behaviour) that you are trying to impose a world view on everyone that is hostile to free speech, so they decided bugger that they'll just delete your message.

As for BitChute: It is growing in viewership and whether you like it or not it's fast becoming a well recognised haven of free speech. In fact if you are the type that tries to get stuff you disapprove of deleted from YouTube then over time it will only serve to increase BitChute's popularity and relevance.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 11:57 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Sorry, I have no idea at all.
Damn. I got my hopes up of an explanation, re-read my post to remind me what I said and...

You said "a comment appeared from someone with no context but asking people to watch a video by Dr Reiner Fuellmich. I googled and there appears to be a connection with BitChute"

"I posted a reply to advise readers that this was a hosting site known for accommodating far-right individuals and conspiracy theorists, and for hosting hateful material.".

Did you take a look at the specific video posted, and was that video problematic? One interpretation of what you are saying is that you were complaining about 'other things' that the video's host site has done, rather than what 'this specific' video was saying.
I tried to make it a shortened version of events. The guy had two separate posts up. One mentioned the title of the video and the other the specific name.
The specific video - with lots of references to it having been censored/removed/whatever because of it's inaccuracies, like some of Trump's tweets - includes claims that the virus was planned years ago.

So I think highlighting the specific claim along with the general unreliability of the host was reasonable.

Have you tried 'reporting' (officially) the original post - the one that posts the video link (assuming the video itself is indeed an issue)?

My point being - even though the video's host may be responsible for hosting 'bad stuff', if the video in question is actually benign, then maybe it's their policy to take down such comments?
I wasn't about to waste time watching the video, there was enough information about 'him' and it from people who had. Hosters like youtube don't take things down/cut audio etc lightly. Something has to be really bad for them to act.
That recent example where someone was falsely posting videos as BBC America, once they eventually acted upon it all they did was a new name to replace BBC America.

Events since I posted: With the lack of moderation on the hundreds of comments on that topic, I'm guessing he was reporting my responses because they revealed the nature of what he was posting and I was probably deleted for being off topic - not that his input was on topic either.

As a result of my input, one of his two comments was deleted - naturally that meant the mini-thread too. But his other comment was still there, so I posted again that it looked a bit odd that it was okay for him to post his misinformation/conspiracy nonsense but not okay to point that out. I then reported his comment hoping that the site would see the whole thing in context and remove that min-thread too.

Happy to say it worked and his promotion of the specific conspiracy and the hosts has all been removed.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 12:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I'll offer a more likely explanation, if I may?

Dr Reiner Fuellmich's videos are hosted on YouTube as well as on BitChute - the latter in case someone decides they want to get them cancelled from YouTube - which is often achieved through people such as yourself(?) flagging videos as "problematic".
You're absolutely correct. That's exactly what you did a few weeks ago when you linked to a video but then helpfully provided the link to another source because you correctly predicted that youtube would remove it for the hate speech therein, making sure the hate speech was still available.

The CBC website admins probably correctly identified (maybe as the result of someone flagging YOUR behaviour) that you are trying to impose a world view on everyone that is hostile to free speech,
Well if that was true I would have simply reported his posts wouldn't I?
But you see, you're wrong. I would just have been happy to have let people know the sort of thing they were looking at. He would have had his say, I'd have had mine. But it seems that it was he that objected to my free speech and he got it removed.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 6:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Damn. I got my hopes up of an explanation, re-read my post to remind me what I said and...

I tried to make it a shortened version of events. The guy had two separate posts up. One mentioned the title of the video and the other the specific name.
The specific video - with lots of references to it having been censored/removed/whatever because of it's inaccuracies, like some of Trump's tweets - includes claims that the virus was planned years ago.

So I think highlighting the specific claim along with the general unreliability of the host was reasonable.

I wasn't about to waste time watching the video, there was enough information about 'him' and it from people who had. Hosters like youtube don't take things down/cut audio etc lightly. Something has to be really bad for them to act.
That recent example where someone was falsely posting videos as BBC America, once they eventually acted upon it all they did was a new name to replace BBC America.

Events since I posted: With the lack of moderation on the hundreds of comments on that topic, I'm guessing he was reporting my responses because they revealed the nature of what he was posting and I was probably deleted for being off topic - not that his input was on topic either.

As a result of my input, one of his two comments was deleted - naturally that meant the mini-thread too. But his other comment was still there, so I posted again that it looked a bit odd that it was okay for him to post his misinformation/conspiracy nonsense but not okay to point that out. I then reported his comment hoping that the site would see the whole thing in context and remove that min-thread too.

Happy to say it worked and his promotion of the specific conspiracy and the hosts has all been removed.
Well done! We have nut jobs on our local neighborhood site who will take any excuse / opportunity to post videos supporting Trump and various conspiracy theories. I often 'report' them and in MOST cases have been successful in getting them taken down. Sometimes, they'll take it down simply because it becomes a raging off-topic debate!
Old Oct 8th 2020, 6:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done! We have nut jobs on our local neighborhood site who will take any excuse / opportunity to post videos supporting Trump and various conspiracy theories. I often 'report' them and in MOST cases have been successful in getting them taken down. Sometimes, they'll take it down simply because it becomes a raging off-topic debate!
And yet in some aquarium groups I am in, FB algorithm is constantly flagging pictures of fish as inappropriate and even a few flagged as nudity.

But the Trump stuff seems to flood FB without issue.

Guess they go after the low hanging fruit.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 6:36 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
And yet in some aquarium groups I am in, FB algorithm is constantly flagging pictures of fish as inappropriate and even a few flagged as nudity.
Well if the fish don't have any clothes on then I suppose they are naked.

Old Oct 8th 2020, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

The world needs more Canadian politicians......

https://www.tiktok.com/@thejagmeetsi...80831454088450
Old Oct 9th 2020, 12:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well if the fish don't have any clothes on then I suppose they are naked.

Apparently FB finds onions overtly sexual.

CBC article
Old Oct 12th 2020, 12:24 am
Oscar nominated

MPs launch legal action against UK government
Legal action has been launched over the government’s failure to disclose details of its spending on contracts related to the pandemic, as it emerged that it has failed to account for £3bn spent on private contracts since the start of lockdown. Three cross-party MPs and Good Law Project, a non-profit-making organisation, have filed a judicial review against the government for breaching the law and its own guidance
It's endless
Despite the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) disclosing in September that at least £11bn worth of contracts have been awarded by the department since April, related predominantly to coronavirus, fresh analysis by data analysts Tussell shows that over £3bn worth of these contracts have not been made public...Huge sums of public money have been awarded to companies with no discernible expertise. Sometimes the main qualification seems to be a political connection with key government figures
Old Oct 17th 2020, 2:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was looking at videos for IQ Air, an expensive but really good air purifier, on my wish list...lol..

Anyhow I came across this dentist ad from January 2020, before COVID was a big issue in the US, and likely wasn't why they installed air filter systems in their office, but man bet it's become a selling point for them now....lol