Cannabis

Old Mar 22nd 2021, 5:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

I'm trying to decide if I can justify buying an e-nail; an electronic temperature controller and heating coil that heats a titanium nail/tray to a precise temperature for taking concentrates. It's a step beyond the blowtorch....
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 6:11 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I'm trying to decide if I can justify buying an e-nail; an electronic temperature controller and heating coil that heats a titanium nail/tray to a precise temperature for taking concentrates. It's a step beyond the blowtorch....
Take back control! It's becoming quite the rage...
Old Mar 23rd 2021, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

So how is that? I've only had 2 kinds of tincture and the one that's all used up was better. It was thicker and stronger and the effects didn't take long. That was 50-50 thc/cbd and very good for pain. The thc tincture I have now is suspended in mct oil.
It was 'interesting'. I started out with a low dose, didn't feel much. Since it was meant to be 'fast acting' (relative to, say, edibles) I had another dose about 30 minutes later. And another, 30 minutes after that ... and I THINK another after that! Then at some point hours later it hit me ... being slightly melodramatic, it was as if lead had been pumped into my body ... I could not move! (or think ...). No great 'high' (but nothing bad - definitely forced relaxation!). I tried to find out from the mfr what the indica/sativa balance was for the THC component, but they couldn't tell me.

I'm in this primarily for the 'recreational high' element, with a slight hope for better sleep. So far, vaping the oil concentrates has been the best option, but I'm not seeing the kind of difference I'd expect between indica and sativa variants (I recently bought 3 capsules - indica, sativa, hybrid). I've also been trying higher doses of edibles (gummies). I did 20 mg of a 'hybrid' one night, and 20 mg of a 'sativa' the next night; both very similar, and both having the 'glued to the couch' effect!

I think my next avenue of exploration is going to be a vaporizer device for actual 'bud' / 'weed'. I'm not too thrilled about vaping the concentrates - seems to hit my throat too hard and having given up smoking donkey's years ago, I'm not keen on re-introducing 'vapor' to my lungs. People have told me the least impactive way to get the best high is to vaporize the actual plant - still a vapor in the lungs, but less aggressive than the oil concentrates?

Anyway - someone recommended this: https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=common/home But it's ...$249!!!! I'm assuming that's in part thanks to having a 'solid oak body' ... would you have a 'device' to recommend for vaping weed? I feel a shopping spree coming on ...
Old Mar 24th 2021, 1:11 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike
I think my next avenue of exploration is going to be a vaporizer device for actual 'bud' / 'weed'. I'm not too thrilled about vaping the concentrates - seems to hit my throat too hard and having given up smoking donkey's years ago, I'm not keen on re-introducing 'vapor' to my lungs. People have told me the least impactive way to get the best high is to vaporize the actual plant - still a vapor in the lungs, but less aggressive than the oil concentrates?
Anyway - someone recommended this: https://tinymightvape.com/index.php?route=common/home But it's ...$249!!!! I'm assuming that's in part thanks to having a 'solid oak body' ... would you have a 'device' to recommend for vaping weed? I feel a shopping spree coming on ...
https://arizer.ca/solo/
I've been using these for 5 years (I have 4 of them!). Arizer keeps coming out with new models, but I don't mind the OG Solo, and they're on for $129 Cdn and they throw in a charging stand. Let me know if you have any trouble navigating the site.

@Buckinghamshireboy, there's more to life than making all the right choices.

I'm going to write it off as travel expenses. There is a case to be made that it's a good idea just for safety's sake; better than fooling with a blowtorch at the table.
Old Mar 25th 2021, 11:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I've been using these for 5 years (I have 4 of them!). Arizer keeps coming out with new models, but I don't mind the OG Solo, and they're on for $129 Cdn and they throw in a charging stand. Let me know if you have any trouble navigating the site.
Thanks for the tip! I did a review of several devices, and chose this one - Utillian 620 Review [Updated 2021]- Dry herb vape for under $150 (thevape.guide) - right before your tip above. I can see that the 'solo' would be another good choice! I was attracted to the fact that it was 'convection' rather than 'conduction', but I do note the reviews for the solo rave about the 'vapor quality'. Expecting it to arrive real soon ...

Two days ago I bought 3.5 grams of a pure sativa 'flower' (bud) for about $50. This was my first foray into 'bud'. I also picked up a cheap-and-nasty vape device from a local store, just so I could get started, while waiting on the fancier device ordered above. WOW - what a difference vaping 'bud' makes! The 'high' was super clean, fast, light, euphoric, fun ... all very good! And I was able to set a very low temperature - 385F, I believe I chose (195C). At that low temperature, from what I read, it's just hot enough to vaporize most (but not all) the compounds (see - Guide to the Best Temperature for Vaping Weed (vaping360.com) ), but a long, long way from 'smoke'. I was able to take several long, steady 'draws', without any tendency to want to cough, and there was a lovely 'taste' associated with the product. I note that 385F is roughly the temperature for baking cookies, so definitely not very hot!

The high was real nice, and I didn't get the 'couch-lock' like I did with other products. But I was able to sit there and watch TV, without drifting off, till 5am!!! I repeated the process the next day, and again, all good. I did notice a not-so-great experience when finally trying to sleep, but that's often the case when you stay up till 5am binge-watching TV shows! I may need to end the evening with an indica product to calm me down ...

So now I've got some real 'bud' to experiment with, as well as 4 different 'oil cartridges'. I need to re-visit the oil cartridges and see if I can get some use out of them. As I recall, you're not too keen on oil concentrates? Talking about this type of thing - a '510' cartridge, pre-filled, disposable:

Since these need their own dedicated 'device' to operate (a 'battery', essentially), perhaps not part of your arsenal?
Old Mar 26th 2021, 12:03 am
Stand-up Philosopher

My dope came in the mail today, but not from the place I buy pot. I got 4 grams of shatter, a gram of a concentrate called Diamonds, 50 40mg gummie bears, 4 grams of psilocybin mushrooms, and 25 free grape 40mg gummies because they sent the wrong flavour last time. It was actually 2 orders so came in 2 boxes, and each had a free gram of Pineapple Express pot. It was about $211 in total.
I still have some Pink Kush and an ounce of Death Bubba pot I haven't opened yet, so it could be a month before I order (but you never know). I like to buy at least a quarter pound to get the big discount.

Last edited by caretaker; Mar 26th 2021 at 12:50 am.
Old Mar 26th 2021, 2:43 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Cheech and Chong have joined the forum
Old Mar 27th 2021, 11:13 am
Stand-up Philosopher

WOW - what a difference vaping 'bud' makes! The 'high' was super clean, fast, light, euphoric, fun ... all very good!
It's come a long way since the 70's and my Zig Zags and $20 ounce baggie of Mexican grass.

Concentrates at the strong end; (hitting the enail in preparation for playing Trivia)
Vaping bud before Last of the Summer Wine comes on:

And for a treat, vaping the homegrown a friend gave me the other day. The buds aren't heavy and dense, and it isn't super strong, but it has a fantastic smell and taste. I'll either vape it straight or sometimes mix it with high test pot.

Old Mar 29th 2021, 10:47 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

My son's GP has referred him to a clinic that prescribes medical cannabis, although it's not a foregone conclusion that they'll prescribe it for him. He currently buys it from dealers, and when he uses it he doesn't need to take his prescribed pregabalin/lyrica for pain associated with his MS. He hates taking pregabalin, it hypes him up and induces anxiety. His GP is supportive of him being prescribed it but she's not authorised to do so.

Lots of hoops to jump through but I hope he's prescribed it so he can obtain it legally. As well as not knowing the quality of the 'back yard' stuff, it's expensive. Medical cannibas isn't covered by Medicare or any health insurance here so he'd still have to pay for it, approximately $200 per month. I don't know what form/s it's prescribed in.

Much of the Australian medical profession is still very anti-cannabis use, whether or not it's for medical reasons

Old Mar 30th 2021, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
My son's GP has referred him to a clinic that prescribes medical cannabis, although it's not a foregone conclusion that they'll prescribe it for him. He currently buys it from dealers, and when he uses it he doesn't need to take his prescribed pregabalin/lyrica for pain associated with his MS. He hates taking pregabalin, it hypes him up and induces anxiety. His GP is supportive of him being prescribed it but she's not authorised to do so.

Lots of hoops to jump through but I hope he's prescribed it so he can obtain it legally. As well as not knowing the quality of the 'back yard' stuff, it's expensive. Medical cannibas isn't covered by Medicare or any health insurance here so he'd still have to pay for it, approximately $200 per month. I don't know what form/s it's prescribed in.

Much of the Australian medical profession is still very anti-cannabis use, whether or not it's for medical reasons
Do keep us posted! When do you hope to hear a decision?
Old Mar 30th 2021, 10:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Is all this for pain or anxiety relief please? Is it daily?
Old Mar 30th 2021, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
They probably don't know anymore - man!
Old Mar 30th 2021, 11:23 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Do keep us posted! When do you hope to hear a decision?
Will do Steerpike. He's waiting for an appointment with the clinic, don't know how long it'll take.
Originally Posted by BEVS
It's for pain relief BEVS, there's some quite strong evidence that it's very helpful for the neuropathic pain associated with multiple sclerosis. He gets quite bad pain and although pregabalin works on the pain it's the unpleasant side-effects that deter him from taking it. Cannabis also works on the pain but doesn't have any negative side-effects.

I don't know what form it would be prescribed in (oil, tablets etc) or the dosage amount.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 11:42 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

What a sensible thread. Please excuse my trip to Canada here, when I live south of the border. OH takes a 'strong' CBD tincture for anxiety (has a tiny amount of THC in it but still well within the legal limit and you can just order the stuff by mail). It really helps. Legal cannabis is very expensive here, even if you can get the prescription, with average cost of an 1/8 being over $60. Forced scarcity by the industrial growers I think. Anyway, the tincture works for him because he still functions normally and it really reduces the anxiety.
Old Mar 30th 2021, 12:04 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
What a sensible thread. Please excuse my trip to Canada here, when I live south of the border. OH takes a 'strong' CBD tincture for anxiety (has a tiny amount of THC in it but still well within the legal limit and you can just order the stuff by mail). It really helps. Legal cannabis is very expensive here, even if you can get the prescription, with average cost of an 1/8 being over $60. Forced scarcity by the industrial growers I think. Anyway, the tincture works for him because he still functions normally and it really reduces the anxiety.
Pffft, you're only one big step away from Canada. Or two big steps if you have short legs.

I couldn't give a toss that my son is currently breaking the law by obtaining and using cannibas, in fact if he ever finds that he can't buy it himself I'll do it for him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.