Cannabis

Old Jul 28th 2020, 12:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Originally Posted by caretaker
From what I read on the interweb Australia is brutal backward, and cannabis costs a fortune.
Yep, still way behind.

Cannabis use has been decriminalised in 3 States, which just means that if you're caught with a small amount for personal use you won't be charged with a criminal offence.

In one of those States, the ACT, a law has very recently passed that allows people to grow cannabis plants - limit of 2 for an individual, 4 for a household.

Prescription/medicinal cannabis isn't a subsidised drug on our Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, so most doctors presribe CBD oil because it's the cheapest. One gram of dried flower can be anywhere between $20 - $60.

One of my sons has recently been diagnosed with MS, he's quite hoping that he's prescribed cannabis
Old Jul 28th 2020, 12:23 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I wanted to start small as I had no idea how it would affect me, guess I would need a higher dose to feel much.
It's a good idea for someone with no resistance to it to start small like that; the normal dose is 10mg and you're a big guy so if you didn't go to Mars on a quarter hit, that's a good sign. I'm not going to pass a blood test anytime soon (not since 1973!), and that's something for you to keep in mind about using cannabis. I know it's very unlikely (maybe for years), but for instance if an airport job came up in Kelowna and you had cannabis in your system, it could take weeks before you could pass a piss test.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 12:24 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yep, still way behind.

Cannabis use has been decriminalised in 3 States, which just means that if you're caught with a small amount for personal use you won't be charged with a criminal offence.

In one of those States, the ACT, a law has very recently passed that allows people to grow cannabis plants - limit of 2 for an individual, 4 for a household.

Prescription/medicinal cannabis isn't a subsidised drug on our Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, so most doctors presribe CBD oil because it's the cheapest. One gram of dried flower can be anywhere between $20 - $60.

One of my sons has recently been diagnosed with MS, he's quite hoping that he's prescribed cannabis
Get some plants going.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 12:24 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Gummies, chocolate, spray, capsules, weed you smoke, pre-rolled joints, vaping canisters with THC, I may have left something out, but just what I saw on the website last night for the store, order online, ready for pick up 30 minutes later....

I was curious, but seems the 2.5mg gummies may not be strong enough for me

Guess each gummy came to 2.49 each, with 4 in the container. The plastic container is a wee bit big for 4 gummies, they really need to work on the packaging, so wasteful but government has specific rules about packaging.
Just looked up a few places in Oz that will ship cannabis products to you, don't know how as they're not legal but anyway....!

For a package of 30 gummies that each contain 50mg, it's $191. So $6.37 per gummy
Old Jul 28th 2020, 12:27 am
Concierge

Get some plants going.
Trying to get me put in the clink?

Son will have no problem growing a couple of plants, there are so many weeds in his garden that no one would know the difference. I did spot the two plants he and my oldest son were growing in the garden when they were teenagers. I didn't say anything to them, just poured bleach on them to kill them. They were both very young, 16 and 17.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 12:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good idea for someone with no resistance to it to start small like that; the normal dose is 10mg and you're a big guy so if you didn't go to Mars on a quarter hit, that's a good sign. I'm not going to pass a blood test anytime soon (not since 1973!), and that's something for you to keep in mind about using cannabis. I know it's very unlikely (maybe for years), but for instance if an airport job came up in Kelowna and you had cannabis in your system, it could take weeks before you could pass a piss test.
I have only been drug tested in Canada one time, and that was with a US based company. The company I worked for at the airport didn't drug test.

I was more curious then anything about edibles, I tried smoking it years ago, but my lungs dont like smoke in them, probably all those years of second hand tobacco smoke exposure for 20 years. But I did try smoking it a couple times, last time was maybe 10 years ago, pretty sure that time it was laced with something because it was nothing like any other experience I ever had, or it was just way stronger, I dunno, but it was not fun....

I could see edibles maybe being a couple times a year thing, just gotta test and try to get an idea of what dose is best, just like alcohol, know your limit and stay within it. I have alcohol down to a science, I know exactly when to stop so I am neither sick or hung over, oh my 21 year old self would be so proud now... I rarely drink though maybe once a year if that.

Smoking beyond not something I found enjoyable is too complicated since it requires leaving the apartment since apartments these days are all no smoking which includes pot and vaping. Can't smoke on the balconies either, and I am not sure if its even legal to smoke weed in public, but its also not something I would be comfortable doing even if legal.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 28th 2020 at 12:41 am.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 12:35 am
Stand-up Philosopher

Son will have no problem growing a couple of plants, there are so many weeds in his garden that no one would know the difference. I did spot the two plants he and my oldest son were growing in the garden when they were teenagers. I didn't say anything to them, just poured bleach on them to kill them. They were both very young, 16 and 17.
I thought you were allowed 2 plants per person or 4 per household? This reminded me of Murphy Brown when she got cancer and Jim had to go out and score dope for her..
Old Jul 28th 2020, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Oh man, when I was 17 I was smoking pot like a maniac! My friend would come over and we'd go to my room. We'd open the teeny weeny window in some magical belief that the smell would dissipate and my mum wouldn't notice. She never did say anything, but I can't imagine she didn't know what was going on. I smoked pot for several years after that; all through University and into my first year of work, then simply got bored with it - I got bored with always being stoned, I guess; can't really explain it. So I haven't touched it since then. But now I'm very eager to return to it ... being mellow and laid back all the time now seems very attractive (as a retired 61 year old!).

My mum died recently, and I spent a good deal of time with her before she went. We talked about 'all sorts' of things, but I never did ask her if she knew what I was up to!!!
Old Jul 28th 2020, 1:17 am
Concierge

I thought you were allowed 2 plants per person or 4 per household? This reminded me of Murphy Brown when she got cancer and Jim had to go out and score dope for her..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ZIA0Ked0o
As far as I know (which isn't much) that only applies to the ACT (Australian Capital Territory). It's still illegal to grow cannabis plants Western Australia.

Thanks for the Murphy Brown clip, I loved that show and I remember that episode
Old Jul 28th 2020, 1:21 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Oh man, when I was 17 I was smoking pot like a maniac! My friend would come over and we'd go to my room. We'd open the teeny weeny window in some magical belief that the smell would dissipate and my mum wouldn't notice. She never did say anything, but I can't imagine she didn't know what was going on. I smoked pot for several years after that; all through University and into my first year of work, then simply got bored with it - I got bored with always being stoned, I guess; can't really explain it. So I haven't touched it since then. But now I'm very eager to return to it ... being mellow and laid back all the time now seems very attractive (as a retired 61 year old!).

My mum died recently, and I spent a good deal of time with her before she went. We talked about 'all sorts' of things, but I never did ask her if she knew what I was up to!!!
Your mum would have known, mums know everything

It's lovely that you got to spend a lot of time with your mum before she died. You must miss her a lot. My mum's 86 and I'm dreading losing her. She gets very animated if any of us mention this though, starts reminding us about the circle of life etc. She's an absolute sweetheart (and a stubborn old coot as well!)
Old Jul 28th 2020, 2:33 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know (which isn't much) that only applies to the ACT (Australian Capital Territory). It's still illegal to grow cannabis plants Western Australia.

Thanks for the Murphy Brown clip, I loved that show and I remember that episode
Have a look online for hemp-based cbd oil. I don't know all the ins and outs, but if its hemp-based,apparently it doesn't have the THC content, which is what makes you high. Hence the hemp-based cbd oil is legal in Aus.
Take it in drops - start with a couple a day and work up until you find a level that works for you. I have a 60ml botle at present (approx 1200 drops),cost about $100 online (thats AU $).

Check your karma......
Old Jul 28th 2020, 1:13 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have a look online for hemp-based cbd oil. I don't know all the ins and outs, but if its hemp-based,apparently it doesn't have the THC content, which is what makes you high. Hence the hemp-based cbd oil is legal in Aus.
Take it in drops - start with a couple a day and work up until you find a level that works for you. I have a 60ml botle at present (approx 1200 drops),cost about $100 online (thats AU $).

Check your karma......
Thanks Polly
Old Jul 28th 2020, 1:47 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

When you take the drops, place them under your tongue and hold them there as long as you can, rather than just swallowing it. It's absorbed through a gland there. I have some tincture that's 50/50 CBD and THC and it works really well.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 2:36 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Unelightenededium I've been using CBD (no THC) for pain relief (for two herniated discs in lower back) for around 18 months, and can only praise it.

I switched over from oil (mine were capsules) to patches - which here they call plasters - having read that the body's take-up of CBD is more efficient via patches than oil/capsule. The patches work out cheaper than drops/capsules as well.

Before I started this, it took me two hours to walk 4km, the walking stick was essential, as were several rest stops. Now I can manage 9km in two hours, and although I take the stick along, it only gets used to ward off surveillance drones. I also managed a > 40km trike ride last week, so will be going for > 50km just as soon as it stops raining for long enough.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 2:40 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

This talk of gummies has made me look. I have occasional diabetic foot pain - more what I'd call a tingle but at its worst is of a stabbing nature and makes it hard to get to sleep. Acetaminophen is usually enough but occasionally not. I have Oxycodone 5/325 left from root canal treatment and I've been using those - halved - when needed which has been about once a month. But they won't last forever.

Obviously I'd be looking at pain relief rather than getting high. And occasional use rather than daily.

A little reading here and there leads me to believe it might be worth trying something loaded on the CBD side. On the NB site - infuriating in that every click (even 'load more') - takes me back to the top and I have to scroll all the way back to where I was and the filters are not the least bit helpful - I found pineapple orange gummies 10mg CBD, zero THC. $7.50 for a pack of 2 or $11.99 for two packs. But out of stock on line. The shop's not particularly convenient. There was something similar in the chocolate line.

The drop/tincture versions might prove cheaper in the long run but the initial outlay is at least 6 times as much.

Am I on the right lines?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.