Canilink Relocated?

Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:31 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canilink Relocated?

Anyone know what happened to the old Canilink site with its discussion board?

I rarely visited and even more rarely posted there, but like, I knew it was always there to revisit should I feel the need.

Now it's gone! Well it exists, but the discussion board had gone it seems. Don't they want the input and contact of Joe Public any more? It feels like returning to the family home and finding they've changed the locks!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canilink Relocated?

Originally Posted by Morwenna

I rarely visited and even more rarely posted there, but like, I knew it was always there to revisit should I feel the need.

Now it's gone! Well it exists, but the discussion board had gone it seems. Don't they want the input and contact of Joe Public any more? It feels like returning to the family home and finding they've changed the locks!

Well Morwenna

I have just been on and am amazed at how much work they have done to this site - maybe they have used Joe Publics advice to update it and thought we'll get rid of this now.

Gaynor
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna

I was on there the day before yesterday and read a message saying they were revamping the website and would be removing the message board any day now.

Some people had posted saying they weren't happy about this, but the owners said they wanted to encourage e-mail contact with potential clients etc. so they could have a better relationship with them while aiding their move to Canada. While I know what they mean I think it's a shame that the message board has gone too.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
I was on there the day before yesterday and read a message saying they were revamping the website and would be removing the message board any day now.

Some people had posted saying they weren't happy about this, but the owners said they wanted to encourage e-mail contact with potential clients etc. so they could have a better relationship with them while aiding their move to Canada. While I know what they mean I think it's a shame that the message board has gone too.
Maybe it is all about money - they have peeps dependent on the site for the help and the owners want to cash in on it
Old Jun 29th 2007, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute

I contacted them about our reccee trip and accomodation and didn't get anything back from them, not even an acknowledgement of the e-mail.

I know where I won't be spending my money
Old Jun 29th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
I contacted them about our reccee trip and accomodation and didn't get anything back from them, not even an acknowledgement of the e-mail.

I know where I won't be spending my money
Always knew it was better to ask the BE loonies for help - at least it is free
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

lee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nice

we are using canilink, we have had a good experience so for they have got us cheaper accommodation etc, car rental has been cheaper through them, and also we are taking our cat with us, so they found us a place which takes pets to.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:44 am
Since 010205

l i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nicel i s a is just really nice

We contacted them three times when we were thinking of Calgary. We also spoke to them at Emigrate Shows - left our details - but they never got back to us at all.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 1:17 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think it is a shame.

I have nothing against Canilink btw. Ian and Jayne helped us a lot too! (and btw it didn't cost us anything at the time, although I think I read that they do charge for relocation services now, which is refundable if/when you buy through them.)

I did feel that the way the discussion board took off must have helped boost their client base, as it kept a constant contact with a lot of would-be immigrants, and brought a lot of people to Canilink for info who might not otherwise have used them.

Canilink has grown tremendously since I first came across it. Possibly they feel they have enough work now!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Maybe it is all about money - they have peeps dependent on the site for the help and the owners want to cash in on it
Its all about the money.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

What I liked about the site was the link to the website with everyone's dates they applied on it - Emigration Story or something. Does anyone know the exact link as I'd like to keep track.

Many thanks.

Zoe M. x
Old Jun 29th 2007, 7:00 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zmartin
What I liked about the site was the link to the website with everyone's dates they applied on it - Emigration Story or something. Does anyone know the exact link as I'd like to keep track.

Many thanks.

Zoe M. x
Is this the place?

http://www.canilink.com/index.html
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

zmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nicezmartin is just really nice

Found it!

http://www.emigrationstory.com/time_lines.htm

Zoe M. x
Old Jun 29th 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

There is also this one too that I saved from here

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immig...illed-workers/

Gaynor
x
Old Jul 1st 2007, 1:28 am
little snowy owl

Originally Posted by Steve_P

No Steve. Or rather, that's their new web-site, yes; but no discussion board now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.