Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Is Canada really better than the USA?

Is Canada really better than the USA?

Old Feb 6th 2009, 8:36 pm

seaham gal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is Canada really better than the USA?

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You must be careful not to delete any of the square brackets ( [ ) or anything inside them, 'cause if you do it won't work properly
OK - I'll try later. On and off here like a yoyo....babysitting most of the time!
Thanks again!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Why do all of my posts go off topic
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:26 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by act1980
Virtually all posts wander off topic at some point, thread drift is completely normal.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 10:30 pm
A Brit where every U live

Bad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant futureBad1 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Virtually all posts wander off topic at some point, thread drift is completely normal.
There are different people, different info needed, and different variables etc.

Like when your question is answered, that might remind someone else of something similar etc. I think that's part and parcel of making threads interesting and informative to read.

Just my 2 cents.........
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bad1
There are different people, different info needed, and different variables etc.

Like when your question is answered, that might remind someone else of something similar etc. I think that's part and parcel of making threads interesting and informative to read.

Just my 2 cents.........
well don't expect a refund....
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:26 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry if this has been covered before but lately I have been hearing a lot about Canada being on a par with the US. Especially the crime rate! But I find it hard to belive that Canada can have the same amount of crime as the US when they have a 30o million population and Canada only has 30 million

I would just like to know if Canada really is that much better than the US and if so, why?

Thank you
Because they don't actually have a coherent topic in the first place?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:30 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Because they don't actually have a coherent topic in the first place?
You're naughty...........
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:43 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a car tonight in a car park, engine running, window wound down, owner inside a bank using the cash point - I was gobsmacked, never seen anyone that trusting before in the UK and only 2 miles from Detroit
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:50 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
Saw a car tonight in a car park, engine running, window wound down, owner inside a bank using the cash point - I was gobsmacked, never seen anyone that trusting before in the UK and only 2 miles from Detroit

Trusting or stupid????
Old Feb 8th 2009, 2:55 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollface
Trusting or stupid????
Good question - not sure.... although it's certainly not Detroit here, I wouldn't do it - I saw her return to the car OK without it being nicked!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by G77

Was the bank in 313 or 519....I've seen that sort of thing in Canada loads of times...however, I wouldn't do it in Daytrois.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:05 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by clynnog
Was the bank in 313 or 519....I've seen that sort of thing in Canada loads of times...however, I wouldn't do it in Daytrois.
519 - Ambassador Plaza to be precise...
Old Feb 8th 2009, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by G77
519 - Ambassador Plaza to be precise...
It is quite incedible when you think about the difference in neighbourhoods btwn those in Windsor and those just 2 or 3 km away in Detroit....areas like the Cass Corridor, Highland Park and the area near the Detroit City Airport....its like night and day.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:56 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

It is quite incedible when you think about the difference in neighbourhoods btwn those in Windsor and those just 2 or 3 km away in Detroit....areas like the Cass Corridor, Highland Park and the area near the Detroit City Airport....its like night and day.
Indeed, I'm thankful there's a river between the two. There's some rough areas in Windsor - to the immediate west of the bridge springs to mind, but they're not even in the same league as the Detroit ghettos....
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:35 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to go to Canada to find nice neighbourhoods though, I used to work with people who lived in a stylish part of Detroit, I'd get to their house by taking the tunnel, turning right, going through hell and, two blocks later, being among the manicured lawns. Washington's like that too, which is more worrying; one is not likely to be wandering around on foot enjoying the sights in Detroit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.