Canada in England

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canada in England

Has anyone been to Canada:

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=50...8835&z=14&om=1

I drove right past the turnoff last summer and decided not to go. I wish I did. Oh well.

So, is this place an option for those who don't want to wait for years?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada in England

Originally Posted by rwin
Has anyone been to Canada:

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=50...8835&z=14&om=1

I drove right past the turnoff last summer and decided not to go. I wish I did. Oh well.

So, is this place an option for those who don't want to wait for years?
And to think, I've waited 3 years to get to Canada and now you tell me I could have been living there all that time! And it's less than 20 miles down the road from where I live now!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:48 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they have a Timmies there?
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

Yes, I have been there and lovely backing onto the New Forest -the horses are all around the area; it is basically a very small village area with, if I remember, one pub but nothing else.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Liana
Yes, I have been there and lovely backing onto the New Forest -the horses are all around the area; it is basically a very small village area with, if I remember, one pub but nothing else.
Just like Canada the country then!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Just like Canada the country then!
Except for the pub.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Except for the pub.
Swap the pub for a coffee franchise and there you have it...
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Swap the pub for a coffee franchise and there you have it...
About 10 coffee franchises.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

About 10 coffee franchises.
All of them in the same ground area that a pub would take up.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:01 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

All of them in the same ground area that a pub would take up.
there's plenty of coffee shops just over in Romsey, but most of them are disguised as "ye olde tea shoppe" and will grudgingly serve you a cup of nescafe with your cucumber sandwiches if you ask really nicely. Don't think I've seen a donut emporium nearby, you'd probably need to go into Salisbury for something that metropolitan. Nice pubs nearby in Sherfield English and West Wellow, as well as at least three just up the road in Whiteparish (where my sister lives).

And of course, a stone's throw up the Salisbury Road, there's the Royal Jaipur, fine purveyor of Indian cuisine to dine in or take away.

To digress entirely, while on the subject of pubs in that little pocket of the Hants/Wilts border, Whiteparish's pubs seem well sorted - there's one that has a good dining room and in a more pretentious neighbourhood would probably be called a "gastropub," there's one with a big garden that's very family-friendly and does barbecues on holiday weekends, and then there's one for the serious drinkers that was always a bit hazy on the definition of closing time even before the licensing laws changed. That's how a proper village should be designed, IMHO!

Last edited by Oakvillian; Aug 2nd 2007 at 4:09 pm.