Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

can you recommend a watch?

can you recommend a watch?

Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:34 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can you recommend a watch?

Originally Posted by Madmac
Do they sell one with an attached defibrillator?
If you do find one let me know.

I'm in definite need of one of them right now.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Dont confuse "Static Pressure" ratings with the actual depth you can dive to and still have a working bit of arm jewelry. A 500M watch wont be any good at 500M simply due to additional dynamic pressure exerted by a diver moving their arms around. Might be good for 50, but with a $1000+ watch i wouldnt want to find out.

Dont all expensive jewel movement mechanical watches keep worse time than a $5 digital watch from Walmart. Thats hardly the point of them is it

As for the rest? Who knows Heart monitor built in or something perhaps?
Is there anything you don't know?? I am impressed.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:43 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bazzz
Having said that, I was stumped for birthday ideas, so I'm getting one of these:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=348#
It's very good. So long as you switch it on in a fairly open area it'll get a satellite lock within 30 seconds or so, then seems to hold on to it as long as you stay outdoors - doesn't seem to flinch when running near high buildings or surrounded by tall trees. And there's endless fun to be had importing the GPS coordinates of your run into Google Earth and reliving it through the "Tour" feature.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 1:07 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daft batty
Is there anything you don't know??
No, nothing