Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Calling Golfers - Course GPS

Calling Golfers - Course GPS

Old Oct 15th 2011, 7:32 pm
Banned

expatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really nice
Default Calling Golfers - Course GPS

Does anyone know if the courses in canada are GPS mapped. Thank you.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:24 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling Golfers - Course GPS

It ain't that hard to find your way around a golf course is it? Don't you just go 1 to 2 to 3... and whack a little ball from one hole to the next.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a few are and the list is growing all the time

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=31070&ra=true
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:43 pm
Banned

expatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really niceexpatdoris is just really nice

Originally Posted by Aviator
It ain't that hard to find your way around a golf course is it? Don't you just go 1 to 2 to 3... and whack a little ball from one hole to the next.
Just want to make sure that when I get my 3 wood out and hit it 140yds, i don't overshoot the green.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatdoris
Just want to make sure that when I get my 3 wood out and hit it 140yds, i don't overshoot the green.
Don't use a 3 wood when you're only 5ft from the green and you shouldn't have this issue!
Old Oct 16th 2011, 2:19 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

No, from 5ft i'll use a PW three times and then 4 putt. I think I am allowed more than a 36 handicap in USA/Canada, can't wait!
How can you talk about handicap and a golfing GPS in the same breath? A true handicap is established by playing the game honestly and by the rules.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 3:07 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep! And I never let people play through, and I never lose a ball, can't hit it far enough to lose one. I have notice that men are so bad tempered on the course, don't understand why they play the game.

Hcp 48
Forward Tees
Easy game.

Seriously, i play off 14, off the front tees it is much easier and I have been known to do all of the above.
Er, perhaps I wasn't clear. To me an admission that one plays golf is like an admission that one fiddles with children. The number and dimensions of the chidren is scarcely relevant.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 3:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by nldfc
Quite a few are and the list is growing all the time

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=31070&ra=true
Thanks, i'v had enough fun on this thread

Great to know that they are being done, appreciate your post.

I'll delete all the joke stuff now, if it will let me. No offence anyone, just a dull sunday afternoon.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 3:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dbd33
Er, perhaps I wasn't clear. To me an admission that one plays golf is like an admission that one fiddles with children. The number and dimensions of the chidren is scarcely relevant.
A bit too sick for me to comment.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:00 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Give it a rest. Comparing golfers to paedophiles isnt even close to funny. Give your head a shake.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Aviator
Agreed. I thought it was just a case of taking your stick and a little ball for a walk.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:57 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simon876
Agreed. I thought it was just a case of taking your stick and a little ball for a walk.
It is... but here in North America it's usually a case of taking your stick and a little ball for a drive. With Sat Nav.

Walking doesn't much come into it for most golfers here.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:07 pm
Banned

For some in my house, it's a good walk ruined.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
It is... but here in North America it's usually a case of taking your stick and a little ball for a drive. With Sat Nav.

Walking doesn't much come into it for most golfers here.
I am shocked.

I thought that they worked hard on developing those 'big man' physiques.

And since when has golf been a verb? "Do you golf?" I get asked.