Calgary Nightlife

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 6:40 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold
Default Calgary Nightlife

Hello there peeps

I am trying to get some plans together for when my 2 best mates from the UK come to visit next month (WOO HOO) I have promised to show them some Calgary nightlife but even though I have been here a year I have not had a "proper" night out

So basically has anyone got any suggestions of where we can go have a few drinks and a dance (not linedancing though!) If it helps we are all twenty somethings so I supose I am calling out to the younger members
Also if anyone knows of places we should avoid that will be great to know too.

Of course if the Flames are still in the Stanley Cup race by then I will just be dragging them down to Shanks for every game (they have been warned....)
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:03 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Nightlife

My son likes the Drum and Monkey and the adjacent Bamboo Lounge.

Also pick up FFWD (pronounced Fast Forward). It is Calgary's entertainment weekly, and it's available for free from several newsstands around Calgary. It will tell you if there is something special on.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

There is always a night at the races. I think they do some form of horse racing every Friday night.

http://www.stampede-park.com/

There is always 17th Ave SW. A good selection of bars and resturants.

.....or Kensington.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

chinook is an unknown quantity at this point

If its still there French Maids, you might not want to take your Mrs with you though!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 3:29 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for all the replies. I will pick up a FFWD and see if there are any special events on that they might be into. We have not had a girly night out in over a year now so will want to make up for the lost time

As for Chinook's suggestion of the French Maid (which is still there) dont think it will be a good night out for the girls, suppose I should've made it clear it was the Mrs writting the message!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:42 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Thanks for all the replies. I will pick up a FFWD and see if there are any special events on that they might be into. We have not had a girly night out in over a year now so will want to make up for the lost time

As for Chinook's suggestion of the French Maid (which is still there) dont think it will be a good night out for the girls, suppose I should've made it clear it was the Mrs writting the message!!!!!!!!!
Gulp.....
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Hello there peeps

I am trying to get some plans together for when my 2 best mates from the UK come to visit next month (WOO HOO) I have promised to show them some Calgary nightlife but even though I have been here a year I have not had a "proper" night out

So basically has anyone got any suggestions of where we can go have a few drinks and a dance (not linedancing though!) If it helps we are all twenty somethings so I supose I am calling out to the younger members
Also if anyone knows of places we should avoid that will be great to know too.

Of course if the Flames are still in the Stanley Cup race by then I will just be dragging them down to Shanks for every game (they have been warned....)
http://www.calgaryplus.ca/bars_restaurants
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:19 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Originally Posted by Calgal
Thanks for the link, might help me to find out where all these clubs are I keep hearing about.