Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Buying a second hand car in another province

Buying a second hand car in another province

Old Feb 14th 2012, 1:36 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a second hand car in another province

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
A couple of points...

Stop blaming salt for rust. It's lazy ass drivers who cause rust by not taking care of their cars and giving them a wash now and then

and Fletch, why are you looking at that FJ, it's MINGIN! lol

Oh you have much to learn Things thought to be mingin turn out to be quite acceptable after a while. OH hated brown interior in cars and would avoid it like the plague, however it's now quite acceptable. Red Velour however is still mingin

I also thought FJ's were awful, but now I quite like them, I suppose when you get used to seeing stuff it becomes normal.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:07 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of points...

Stop blaming salt for rust. It's lazy ass drivers who cause rust by not taking care of their cars and giving them a wash now and then

and Fletch, why are you looking at that FJ, it's MINGIN! lol
In the lemon aid guide the FJ is not recommended and gets slated. Looked at one and decided to give it a miss.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 2:40 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm a great believer in "each to their own", I only meant it in jest, kinda, lol.

But it does kind of remind me of this:

Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:40 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

I fish, shoot and will need to get a boat in and out of water. i have been known to ski and look forward to getting my legs again, FJ's fit the bill. i only pray it will be reliable.

I have just let go a county LWB L/R 300 series, fantastic wagon, they seem too expensive in canada or I would take one there.

For anyone reading his, FJ's are terrible vehicles, very unreliable and loose money quicker than Rangers, don't buy one. That should make them cheaper when we arrive
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I am unsure if the OP has any realistic thoughts as to how big Canadia is. Its like saying cars in Poland, Russia and India are well cheap so why do people pop down to the local Ford dealer in No Town Uk when they could save big by picking up the Polsky motoz martzen and save a few bobskie. Lol
A guy I worked with in the UK used to make a second income by buying cheap used cars and driving them to Russia to sell when visiting his relatives there. So it's not exactly been unknown in the past.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:04 am
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Dont rule out the kijiji scam advert, see scam baiting thread. They advertise vehicles 25% under market value, then offer to deliver said vehicle at no extra cost to yourself. Ha ha. You just have to send a 50% deposit via ebay\ paypal.
Thank you, I have heard of this scam and i suspect i will end up buying an ex lease job.fletch
Old Feb 14th 2012, 6:07 am
Banned

I'm a great believer in "each to their own", I only meant it in jest, kinda, lol.

But it does kind of remind me of this:

http://www.carartz.com/other/misc/aquatic.jpg
fit a pintle mounted GPMG and I could use this to fish, shoot and be the boat. I see the resemblance, ugly, but so am I.

Will it accept retro fit ski's?

Last edited by fletcher m; Feb 14th 2012 at 6:52 am.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:26 am
Banned

http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-...AdIdZ352970865

How about this one, still ugly?
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:19 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fletcher m
****ing hideous