British Citizen Test

Old Jul 8th 2009, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

ga1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nicega1lf is just really nice
Default Re: British Citizen Test

Originally Posted by newshoney View Post
But the point of the test is not to determine how British you are, or whether you can marshal random statistical data. The point is to deter frivolous applications by requiring a little bit of application. There are crib sheets (or practice tests) freely available and a bit of homework suffices to pass.
Or you can pay a chinese couple a few thousand pounds to sit outside in a car and pass you the answers, using a laptop, ear piece and secret camera.

BTW - I failed, first test I have failed in a very long time.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond reputemardyarse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God I failed!! 14/24 so that means they can't send me back to that god forsaken dump as I clearly wouldn't be able to converse with such intelligent Citizens, I knew that excuse for an education would pay off eventually
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oink View Post
I failed.

Test
Me too
7/24
29% thats awful
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink View Post
Are you saying I need to apply myself?
Not really. I'm assuming this thread is a jokey reference to the fact that native-born Brits (of whatever ancestry, colour or religion) would not automatically know such a varied assortment of facts (or factoids?).

There'd be no reason to memorise all that stuff UNLESS you knew it would be tested.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:34 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Not really. I'm assuming this thread is a jokey reference to the fact that native-born Brits (of whatever ancestry, colour or religion) would not automatically know such a varied assortment of facts (or factoids?).

There'd be no reason to memorise all that stuff UNLESS you knew it would be tested.
Sometimes I like to apply myself. It can get very lonely here.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Failed: 17/24

But, as others have pointed out, what relevance is there to citizenship in knowing obscure facts like the percentage of Muslims or the EU governing body.

I took my Citizenship test here in Mexico - six questions (but you had to get them all correct). They were general knowledge eg: What do we celebrate on 20th November? Who was the first President? What is the country's primary economic resource? What is the official name of this country? What is the capital of the state of Nuevo Leon? Who was the President before the current one?

That sort of stuff - relevant to testing whether you are sufficiently interested in the country and its history to offer it your allegiance if needed.

(for those interested in the answers: Anniversary of the 1910 Revolution; Guadalupe Victoria; oil; The United Mexican States; Monterrey; Vicente Fox Quesada)
Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:13 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianR View Post
That sort of stuff - relevant to testing whether you are sufficiently interested in the country and its history to offer it your allegiance if needed.
Yes, but this is Britain we're talking about: the last thing Labour want of future citizens is for them to be interested in the country and history and wiling to offer it their allegiance. People like that wouldn't vote for Labour...
Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:36 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Big fat fail for me.
8/24... must try harder.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:47 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

23/24. I got the doctors letter for the ER wrong.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 3:49 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat View Post
23/24. I got the doctors letter for the ER wrong.
That must have been a pass
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianR View Post
Failed: 17/24

But, as others have pointed out, what relevance is there to citizenship in knowing obscure facts like the percentage of Muslims or the EU governing body.

I took my Citizenship test here in Mexico - six questions (but you had to get them all correct). They were general knowledge eg: What do we celebrate on 20th November? Who was the first President? What is the country's primary economic resource? What is the official name of this country? What is the capital of the state of Nuevo Leon? Who was the President before the current one?

(for those interested in the answers: Anniversary of the 1910 Revolution; Guadalupe Victoria; oil; The United Mexican States; Monterrey; Vicente Fox Quesada)
Hijole Adrian... I was going to have a go at answering those (having lived in 'el distrito federal' for four years back in the late 70s) then saw the spoiler.
Are there many former Brits in Tamaulipas? Hope you are not too affected by H1N1.

Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:21 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

failed 14/24, dingbats 23/24 was good!
Old Jul 9th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Hijole Adrian... I was going to have a go at answering those (having lived in 'el distrito federal' for four years back in the late 70s) then saw the spoiler.
Are there many former Brits in Tamaulipas? Hope you are not too affected by H1N1.

Not sure about Brits here - never seem to meet any expats of any description.

BTW - the current test uses six questions from a pool of 100 and they are MUCH harder - see this thread: http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40237 at the 'Cancun Care' forum.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

compchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant future

Just failed too, 11/24, 42%...
Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

marimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nice

Failed 14/24 - but I did the actual test 2 years ago, and am pretty confident I got 100% (they don't tell you) and I finished in under 5 minutes.

All the information is provided in a book (and in fact is only in 3 chapters of the book, so you don't even need to read all of it). I was very disappointed that I didn't have to explan the off-side rule or list the winners of Big Brother for the past 5 years....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.