Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

British Bobby Invasion

British Bobby Invasion

Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default British Bobby Invasion

Apparently Alberta is going to put a hold on recruiting cops from the UK. There is an article in today's Globe and Mail and also on the CBC site.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/national/080406/n040635A.html

Thought this might be of interest to some.

Regina cops are still driving around with a big placard "Now Hiring" on the back of the police cars so maybe if you were thinking of Alberta - try Regina instead!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Bobby Invasion

Originally Posted by lizwil98
Apparently Alberta is going to put a hold on recruiting cops from the UK. There is an article in today's Globe and Mail and also on the CBC site.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/national/080406/n040635A.html

Thought this might be of interest to some.

Regina cops are still driving around with a big placard "Now Hiring" on the back of the police cars so maybe if you were thinking of Alberta - try Regina instead!
There was a post on here last week they already have, someone whos OH was going to apply i think ?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:29 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

seems i made it just in time then. I like how the EPS guy says you don't have to be super human. No, just not a normal beer swilling, pie eating bobby then eh. C'mon mate there is not many of them around.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

Guess I wasn't paying attention last week!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Have they been reading Britishexpats.com?

"...you go on some of these British websites and they say you have to be super-human to join the Edmonton police service. Which is, of course, ridiculous. But it's a bit of an obstacle."
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:27 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Have they been reading Britishexpats.com?

"...you go on some of these British websites and they say you have to be super-human to join the Edmonton police service. Which is, of course, ridiculous. But it's a bit of an obstacle."
that may be me. after being on here a while one of the recruiting staff just happened to mention they monitor this site. apparently some people in the past were tipped off to certain parts of the recruitment process on here, or were lead from here to another site where there was more info. i just tend to moan, bloody sit ups and push ups. you never saw sherlock holmes catching anyone like that did you.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:25 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

From a contact I have in the CPS. This press statement was put out due to the fact that the locals were crying "discrimination". There is no real evidence that the CPS is going to scale back on a program which they have invested heavily into, and works very well within the system. After all, one qualified officer is worth ten rookies!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, some people will complain about anything. They bitch because they are hiring experienced UK cops - so they don't hire them - and they bitch because there aren't enough cops!!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 4:26 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

To my knowledge, both the federal and provincial governments have pledged more police officers on our streets, and yet neither of them have even started to follow through! Had my shop broken into two weeks ago. The cop took a few notes of what was stolen (about $2000:00 in tools etc), and told ME to check with the pawn shops. I could have bitch-slapped him, useless prick! Can you tell I'am a tad pissed?