Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The "Britain's Got Talent" Result.....

Wikiposts

The "Britain's Got Talent" Result.....

Old May 31st 2009, 4:46 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The "Britain's Got Talent" Result.....

Originally Posted by montreal mike
I didn't see the clip of the bunch that got first prize.

My guess is that a year from now they will be history but susan boyle will be very much around.

She is not sexy or attractive in a convential sort of way but what a voice!

This is the sick society we now live in where true talent is glossed over and comes in second.
I thought the winners were talented. It was interesting to watch. The dance group Stomp are still around after many years so there is a market for this kind of dance.
Old May 31st 2009, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I thought the winners were talented. It was interesting to watch. The dance group Stomp are still around after many years so there is a market for this kind of dance.
Can't disagree with you here but my comment was of a general nature and not, in this particular instance, a reflection on the winners who must have appeal given they got more votes than Susan Boyle.

Anyways there is some justice as, from what I read, this woman will be laughing all the way to the bank and my guess is that others will be long forgotten.

I guess Simon Cowell serves a purpose other than being extremely blunt and on the verge of being rude. I rarely disagree with him when we watch on TV.
Old May 31st 2009, 7:40 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like Miss Susan Boyle threw a wobbler when the show was over, chucked a glass of water over the stage manager...called the show a piece of crap and has now been checked into the Priory Clinic....oh dear

I think she took it bad coming second.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 1:03 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Couple of questions for those who saw the show...

How did that kenny G clone Julian Whatsisname do, with his mile wide vibrato and tuner (I kid you not) on the end of his soprano sax? From the clips Ive seen he's competent enough, but kind of the opposite of SuBo...his looks rather than any great tallent are whats carrying him, there are thousands of better players out there, most of whom dont need a tuner to play in public!

What was SuBos performance actually like....she looked really nervous in that clip, I wonder if she dealt with the pressure well, or if she was beaten fair and square on the day...

Hope shes OK, I certainly wouldnt wish that sort of media attention on anyone...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...-priory-clinic
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:53 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Couple of questions for those who saw the show...

How did that kenny G clone Julian Whatsisname do, with his mile wide vibrato and tuner (I kid you not) on the end of his soprano sax? From the clips Ive seen he's competent enough, but kind of the opposite of SuBo...his looks rather than any great tallent are whats carrying him, there are thousands of better players out there, most of whom dont need a tuner to play in public!

What was SuBos performance actually like....she looked really nervous in that clip, I wonder if she dealt with the pressure well, or if she was beaten fair and square on the day...

Hope shes OK, I certainly wouldnt wish that sort of media attention on anyone...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009...-priory-clinic
To be fair to SuBos, she actually performed the song better this time...last time i couldn't make out a single word... The dance troupe Diversity, who won the competition were Fantastic, she wasn't robbed of the result I have to say Julian was great, i really liked him...and i didn't think he was attractive, not to me anyway
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
It's the strange loose cannons that make the world more interesting. Just look at this forum for examples.
Indeed... there is more to this that we may be allowed to know. Rumours on the media grapevine suggest the BGT production crew realised there would be major problems and so fed stories to the media suggesting she was foul-mouthed and foul-tempered to sway the vote. This is just one of the tactics employed on talent shows (like the Idols) to get the result Syco wants.

Personally I have grave doubts about this show altogether - it is staged as a freak show and relies heavily for 'entertainment' on exposing vulnerable people.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:28 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newshoney
Personally I have grave doubts about this show altogether - it is staged as a freak show and relies heavily for 'entertainment' on exposing vulnerable people.
Well said..........the sooner tripe like this is off our global TV screens the better
Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Well said..........the sooner tripe like this is off our global TV screens the better
Now if only the Greedlins would go away as well.....
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:22 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Now if only the Greedlins would go away as well.....
???
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:37 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
???
John & Kate +8.

A play on their last name, Gosselin, according to a quick Google search.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
John & Kate +8.

Ta...........more reality TV shite that isn't on my radar
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
John & Kate +8.

Got it.....hopefully the end is near for their scripted reality show.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:08 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Got it.....hopefully the end is near for their scripted reality show.
nope - apparently they have signed up for another 2 (yes 2) series!!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
nope - apparently they have signed up for another 2 (yes 2) series!!
That will cover the separation, divorce, custody battle, remarriage etc....
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:44 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

oh go on guys, admit it! we all love abit of 'reality' tv shite.....we watch eastenders (or used to), corrie, emerdale, the hills, big brother etc etc.......and we love to watch numties make a fool of themselves on live national tv, right? stops us thinking about our own boring little lives for an hour or two on a saturday night.....and every other night of the week!

my money was on ben and becky! but i'm just biased 'cos my beloved daughter used to go out with ben......any newspaper hacks out there want a kiss and tell story.......?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.