Breakfast Choices

Old Jan 12th 2020, 2:16 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breakfast Choices

I had bacon and pancakes with butter and maple syrup.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 3:47 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

The Christmas festivities are over apparently, so green tea and air.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 5:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
The Christmas festivities are over apparently, so green tea and air.
Until her next conference away
Old Jan 27th 2020, 3:10 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I had porridge with brown sugar and cream, (well, Half and Half).
Old Jan 28th 2020, 12:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Because I didn't drink it last night, I had a half pint of flat Big Rock Dunkelweisen, and the batter I put in the fridge to rest before making fried shrimp yesterday... and the sausage I took out to thaw last night, and about the right amount of cheese... so it's Welsh rarebit and battered sausage.

Last edited by caretaker; Jan 28th 2020 at 12:57 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 5:20 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

What's in a proper full English breakfast? I'm not impressed with some postmodern slap together non thinking versions you see all over the place. I'm especially appalled by the McDonaldsy hash brown triangles (when did chips stop being a thing for breakfast?). For me breakfast is: (one has to make allowances that I'm from the south of England so no black pudding or whippet noses) Two basted fried eggs, three rashers of nice bacon, a couple of herbed sausages, a fried tomato, baked beans that have been drained slightly so they're not that saucy, a combination of three types of sauteed mushrooms, chips and fried bread. All accompanied with a round of crusty toast, a mug of tea and the Daily Mirror newspaper or if I'm having breakfast on The Embankment, the latest copy of the journal, Theory, Culture & Society.

Last edited by Oink; Feb 7th 2020 at 5:34 am.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 7:07 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Fried bread and toast? You probably wiped your bum with pound notes too, flash git.

Chips were never a thing for a cooked breakfast. We always had tinned plum tomatoes, which are lovely with egg yolk and bean juice.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Fried bread and toast? You probably wiped your bum with pound notes too, flash git.

Chips were never a thing for a cooked breakfast. We always had tinned plum tomatoes, which are lovely with egg yolk and bean juice.
I meant at cafes and chips definitely used to be a thing where I grew up. At home it would some sort instant something because my parents were “sooo busy” with work to possibly cook anything for me and my sister.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

What's in a proper full English breakfast? I'm not impressed with some postmodern slap together non thinking versions you see all over the place. I'm especially appalled by the McDonaldsy hash brown triangles (when did chips stop being a thing for breakfast?). For me breakfast is: (one has to make allowances that I'm from the south of England so no black pudding or whippet noses) Two basted fried eggs, three rashers of nice bacon, a couple of herbed sausages, a fried tomato, baked beans that have been drained slightly so they're not that saucy, a combination of three types of sauteed mushrooms, chips and fried bread. All accompanied with a round of crusty toast, a mug of tea and the Daily Mirror newspaper or if I'm having breakfast on The Embankment, the latest copy of the journal, Theory, Culture & Society.

I think Alan summed up a perfect breakfast..make sure that there is a breakwater between the eggs and the beans.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 2:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
Fried bread and toast?
I remember that being fairly normal for holiday type B&Bs. One triangle on the plate and the toast coming in a rack for after the main plate.
Chips were never a thing for a cooked breakfast.
My experience too....except for one place in the lake distract. Not the best of choices for breakfast prior to hiking up the Kirkstone Pass.
We always had tinned plum tomatoes, which are lovely with egg yolk and bean juice.
Yum. Toast (or even just bread) soaked in heated tinned tomatoes and fried egg on top. Sloppy and heavenly.
Old Feb 7th 2020, 2:24 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

[QUOTE=BristolUK;12803342 Toast (or even just bread) soaked in heated tinned tomatoes and fried egg on top. Sloppy and heavenly.[/QUOTE]
Well that's something new to try. I sometimes make omelets with canned tomatoes inside, sometimes cheese as well (ala old family) so I have an idea.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 8:00 pm

HID has just said, with complete sincerity, that the reason I'm so insistent that chips should be included in a full English is because I grew up near France.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 8:53 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

HID has just said, with complete sincerity, that the reason I'm so insistent that chips should be included in a full English is because I grew up near France.
Isn't she from someplace in the middle of Saskatchewan, like Raymore or Nokomis or something? It's been awhile but I remember something... she should know better anyway. I'll bet she's just having a laugh.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker
Isn't she from someplace in the middle of Saskatchewan, like Raymore or Nokomis or something? It's been awhile but I remember something... she should know better anyway. I'll bet she's just having a laugh.
It’s because of French fries.
Old Feb 8th 2020, 9:25 pm
Oscar nominated

It’s because of French fries.
And the toast was French too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.