Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Books that changed your lives - or at least made you think!

Books that changed your lives - or at least made you think!

Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Books that changed your lives - or at least made you think!

Originally Posted by gingnut
I think playwright, the popstar, and the princess were all overrated. I guess I can't post on here anymore cuz that statement will alienate everyone.
Oh no. Two out of three is pretty good.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 2:42 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all
Default Re: Books that changed your lives - or at least made you think!

Originally Posted by Lesley2339
That's what everyone says: You really have to read it, everyone gets something different out of it. I don't think about negative things, like what if this or that happens... Think only about what you want that makes you happy. You of course have to be very grateful and thankful. Then everything falls into place...it's like Karma.. What goes around comes around... in many different forms. We sat back being very gratful and suddenly we won money, then we got an inheratance...then we got our house, everything just fell into place.. and it has not stopped...Read the book..
I'm happy for you Lesley. I still don't believe in that stuff though, I've heard it called the 'Cosmic dinnerlady' or something. My 'rent has all those motivational/positive thinking books and has tried many times to get me to read The Secret. Since '08 started we've bombed out of our family business, failed utterly at starting another, lost our dog, and suffered for over a month each trying to find jobs. Positive thought getting you rich seems to work very well for people that write books about positive thought and nobody else.

.. or maybe it was just my negative joojoo that spoiled everything for us.