Bishops Move!!

Old Apr 9th 2008, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

wobblyknee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bishops Move!!

Hi everyone has anyone on here used Bishops move for shipping?

I have heard some bad reports about them!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bishops Move!!

Originally Posted by wobblyknee

No complaints from me, we used them Glasgow-Winnipeg. They were slow in getting our claim rolling, but that was down to one particular new guy in their office.

But since it won't be the same crew, won't be the same office you deal with, and won't be the same Canadians at the other end, I'm not sure what you should take from my experience with them being satisfactory.

Last edited by Biiiiink; Apr 9th 2008 at 6:36 pm. Reason: typo
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:32 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

We used them. We had some communication problems to start with re payment in advance etc....

Then they didn't crate our piano, which was what had been agreed, and it got badly damaged in transit. We had some damage to the back of a cabinet which was annoying but obviously doen't show.

Only one plate and a cup got broke, but the guys from Tippet-whatnot who unpacked said that was really suprising as they packing was abysmal!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

My wife knows someone that works for them - she was advised by that person not to use them !
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:27 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Be7++
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:38 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Be7++
Glad I'm not the only one who assumed that's what this thread was about... I was somewhat dissapointed....
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:36 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was going to be a chess thread. You know, white to move and mate in three.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:02 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
I thought this was going to be a chess thread. You know, white to move and mate in three.
Oh dear, were we going too fast for you?
Old Apr 10th 2008, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
but the guys from Tippet-whatnot who unpacked said that was really suprising as they packing was abysmal!

They seem to say this about every UK packing service/shipping company
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:43 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
They seem to say this about every UK packing service/shipping company
I had a dentist once whose catch-phrase (after he had abused one) was "there now, that's probably the worst thing you'll ever have to go through at the dentist!"

Bloody Liar! .... unless he meant "until the next time!"
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't used them yet had a quote as they were recommended and very quick to come back with some questions i had, if you search moving i think all the removals have had some problems so its a hard one,

The one thing i have noted from the complaints across the board is use a firm that has there own firm at the other end as thats where most the problems seem to arise, good luck,
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Charente lass is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Bishop's to move us from Manchester to the Charente. We signed up for their full packing service and a service to "hand out to customers agent" because althought they were packing and storing our house, we had a transport company to do the move from their depot in Leeds to France, at a better price.

The packing was a disaster with fresh and frozen goods being packed in the fridge freezers, goods were broken, matress protectors not used and when it came time to hand out to customers agent, they refused to load the wagon and refused to provide labour, all this was in complete contradiction to the service we discussed with them at length. Our complaints were met by a resounding silence and only now 4 months later, have they provided me with an insurance claim form. I wouldn't recommend Bishop's Move to anyone I'm afraid.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coffeepot

The one thing i have noted from the complaints across the board is use a firm that has there own firm at the other end as thats where most the problems seem to arise, good luck,
Do they exist? I thought absolutely everything went via Tippet Richardson, and then local agents?

I keep saying it, but none of the packers or unpackers involved in my move will be involved in anyone else's, so it's not clear to me what people should take from recommendations other than rough price and maybe get an idea of general company policy.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Charente lass is an unknown quantity at this point

Just tried to post message but lost my connection to theinternet, sorry if two messages now appear. The fee to "hand out to customers agent" was £325, you specify this at the quotation stage and they then specify it on inception of the contract. They wanted £5000 to bring our furniture to France. We paid our own transport company £1500, and because they arrived on a saturday and only refrigerated HGV's are allowed on the roads on Sundays in France, the driver helped us unload. Bishops obviously won't promote this handing out service to you because they want the business. If you are thinking of using Bishop's, I would suggest you ask every question be answered in writing and clarify the position on the insurance they sell you.

I'm sure that some people do have great experiences with Bishop's unfortunately we didn't.