keep documents safe

Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default keep documents safe

I was looking through all our important documents the other day. I'd never actually realised how many important ones we had until we started the immigration process.

Anyway, I was wondering where I should keep these docs. I've recently heard about people who lost everything in a house fire; others lost it all in the floods.

Now, the floods thing is pretty easy - keep it all upstairs and it won't get wet.

What about fire, though. Are there any special 'wallets' or containers that are fire proof?

I haven't actually researched this on the web, but was just wondering what you guys/girls do to keep it all safe?!
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:47 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: keep documents safe

Fire proof safe perhaps?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by G77
Fire proof safe perhaps?
The only problem with them is, they are usually quite heavy and only take 3-4 inches of paper (just checked it out on the web )

Or does anybody know of lighter solutions?
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCanes
The only problem with them is, they are usually quite heavy and only take 3-4 inches of paper (just checked it out on the web )

Still heavy, but this is the sort of thing my incredibly organised FiL has...

http://www.euroffice.co.uk/I/8n91/Se...Litre-Capacity

You won't get fire resistance without some weight, due to the thickness required.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Nanook is a jewel in the roughNanook is a jewel in the roughNanook is a jewel in the roughNanook is a jewel in the rough

Depending how often you need to get at documents etc, a safety deposit box at your bank. There are still a few banks who have them, although there tends to be a waiting list.

The RBS in Edinburgh said they would keep my own bought safety box for something like £60 a yr.

I bought a good sized one at Tesco for £17.00 (quite heavy), it holds all my papers and other bits and bobs like jewellery etc.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:52 am
Snickle Hubble-Sprinkles

The_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of lightThe_Bax is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TheCanes
Don't keep one in the house???
Old Apr 11th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Old Apr 11th 2008, 2:31 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

You could always rent a safety deposit box at a bank. Every branch should have them in their vault and if you have one thats not too far from you that would work.

Take copies and get the bank to certify the copies and just keep those at home just in case you need to send them away for your application at all