Bell Fibre

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:31 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bell Fibre

I am looking at changing from Bell satilite to fibre. I have a couple of questions, if there is anyone who has bell fibre and wouldnt mind helping me out, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:36 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bell Fibre

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
I am looking at changing from Bell satilite to fibre. I have a couple of questions, if there is anyone who has bell fibre and wouldnt mind helping me out, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
I'm on Bell Alliant FirbeOp (which may be different not sure ) and was on Bell Sat 3 years ago.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:38 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in FibreOp too. Bell also sells something called "Fibe" in ON which isn't Fibre Optic all the way to your home but rather Fibre Optic to a local exchange and then regular copper from there. Less good.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 5:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.
We have Bell Fibe...can't say I'm happy with it.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 6:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

We have it too. It's great.
They offered it to us for the same regular cost of what we already had.

The breakdown of the bill makes it look more expensive than what we had before but the total's much the same. Not sure how or why but who cares?
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 6:06 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We have Bell Fibe...can't say I'm happy with it.
Its Bell Fibe thats available to me.

Here is my big dilema. Our house has 3 levels. The study where the router and phone jack are is at street level, go up 6 stairs to level 2 the TV is situated approx 80ft away from those stairs, the bedroom TV is up on level 3. They said the TV has to be hard wired into the router, which needs a phone jack. This means they would have to run cable along the based boards from the Study to the TV on level 2? this would be a nightmare, no way would I have all that coax on show. So then I get a brain wave! there is a phone jack in the bedroom why not use that as the main box and have the TV on level 2 connect wirelessly. Then I got to thinking that the router would have to go up there, how big is the PVR box, where would that go, if it needs to be by the TV then more cableing. I am such a neat freak that all those boxes and cables would drive me crazy.

Now you say its not all that, I am wondering if its worth it.

I thought about asking if they would do a site survey before installation, not sure if they offer that service.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Its Bell Fibe thats available to me.

Here is my big dilema. Our house has 3 levels. The study where the router and phone jack are is at street level, go up 6 stairs to level 2 the TV is situated approx 80ft away from those stairs, the bedroom TV is up on level 3. They said the TV has to be hard wired into the router, which needs a phone jack. This means they would have to run cable along the based boards from the Study to the TV on level 2? this would be a nightmare, no way would I have all that coax on show. So then I get a brain wave! there is a phone jack in the bedroom why not use that as the main box and have the TV on level 2 connect wirelessly. Then I got to thinking that the router would have to go up there, how big is the PVR box, where would that go, if it needs to be by the TV then more cableing. I am such a neat freak that all those boxes and cables would drive me crazy.

Now you say its not all that, I am wondering if its worth it.

I thought about asking if they would do a site survey before installation, not sure if they offer that service.
Sorry I can't help you...we have a 2 bed condo...so not much wiring to worry about. I'm with you on the wiring though...it should all be wireless.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:07 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I'm in FibreOp too. Bell also sells something called "Fibe" in ON which isn't Fibre Optic all the way to your home but rather Fibre Optic to a local exchange and then regular copper from there. Less good.
It's usually a bit closer than the exchange. There will have been fibre links between the exchanges for a number of years. Fibe usually runs to the "node" and it's generally somewhere close by in the locality/neighbourhood.