Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

BBQ,GRILL OR GAS COOKER ON WHEELS

BBQ,GRILL OR GAS COOKER ON WHEELS

Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default BBQ,GRILL OR GAS COOKER ON WHEELS

To me the idea of cooking outside, should be done as close to nature as poss ie. using a firepit,or a charcoal/wood burning grill. But not on a mobile gas cooker on wheels:curse: as in pic 1.. you may aswell stay indoors and use what ever you have in your kitchen, coz you dont get the BBQ taste off a gas cooker:curse: But off course the owners of these gas cookers will argue that they can cook streight away no waiting for the coals to heat up, thats where the grill in pic 2 shuts them up its a charcoal grill that uses gas to heat up the coals takes 5 mins then off goes the gas and on go the burgers and ribs Just as quick and easy as the gas monster but with 10 times the flavour
Attached Thumbnails BBQ,GRILL OR GAS COOKER ON WHEELS-summitmenu.jpg   BBQ,GRILL OR GAS COOKER ON WHEELS-performermenu.jpg  
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:48 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BBQ,GRILL OR GAS COOKER ON WHEELS

Why the anger?

People are entitled to their opinions i.e. choices of BBQ.

You have your ideas others have theirs.

Since when did we need you to police this aspect of our lives?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:53 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Why the anger?

Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:54 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
To me the idea of cooking outside, should be done as close to nature as poss ie. using a firepit,or a charcoal/wood burning grill. But not on a mobile gas cooker on wheels:curse: as in pic 1.. you may aswell stay indoors and use what ever you have in your kitchen, coz you dont get the BBQ taste off a gas cooker:curse: But off course the owners of these gas cookers will argue that they can cook streight away no waiting for the coals to heat up, thats where the grill in pic 2 shuts them up its a charcoal grill that uses gas to heat up the coals takes 5 mins then off goes the gas and on go the burgers and ribs Just as quick and easy as the gas monster but with 10 times the flavour
I'll look forward to the sampling of your BBQ when you next invite us over
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Why the anger?

Where do you see that i am policing YOUR life posted my opinion only, so SIDA
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

To the OP.
Would you like a pint of "Bitter and Twisted" to go with your burger?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:09 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
To the OP.
Would you like a pint of "Bitter and Twisted" to go with your burger?
Why Stevo? You sick of it now?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by livermanl
I'll look forward to the sampling of your BBQ when you next invite us over

this is a chelsea strong hold,so may be not such a good idea
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Why Stevo? You sick of it now?
There wasn't any left after you'd drunk the keg dry!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:11 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

this is a chelsea strong hold,so may be not such a good idea
Well then I guess I should be looking down on you and your BBQ
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:12 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Stevo
There wasn't any left after you'd drunk the keg dry!
You what

They told me I was drinking Fat Bastard and Old Git. I demand to see the bar staff NOW:curse:
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:13 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

posted my opinion only, so SIDA
That was more than an opinion piece and WTF is SIDA?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:30 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

We use propane, flavour coming from the food and any seasoning.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:42 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Its smoke that adds the BBQ flavors, and this can be achieved with a tin can and suitable woods during the cooking on the Gas BBQ.

I`m all for Gas, quick to light, easy to control the temp during cooking, quick to clean-up. Tastes exactly the same as a `real`BBQ.
Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MB-Realtor
Its smoke that adds the BBQ flavors, and this can be achieved with a tin can and suitable woods during the cooking on the Gas BBQ.

I`m all for Gas, quick to light, easy to control the temp during cooking, quick to clean-up. Tastes exactly the same as a `real`BBQ.
Ok then the next britpeg get together will be a BBQ nite at the cafe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.