BBC iPlayer

Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to all
Default BBC iPlayer

Hi, does anyone know if the iPlayer is available in Ca. I just assumed it would be but I tried to watch a TV programme on an american Real player of some description the other night and it was restricted to USA. This could be a major disaster, might have to rethink the whole thing
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:28 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC iPlayer

Originally Posted by Sjt53
Hi, does anyone know if the iPlayer is available in Ca.
The simple answer is no, it's not. You'll be able to survive without it
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Sjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to allSjt53 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by R I C H
The simple answer is no, it's not. You'll be able to survive without it
Easy for you to say
What about an equivalent of America's NPR ?
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:15 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

This might help:-

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=21
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:43 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
ah ha ha ha ha ha !!

think when I get there I will learn to live without it!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

Just VPN in to your employers UK office Not got one? Shame I don't think my son would have survived our first year here without his Saturday night dose of Doctor Who. Also pretty good for listening to the test match, just a shame about the result
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:51 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Solarfish
Just VPN in to your employers UK office Not got one? Shame I don't think my son would have survived our first year here without his Saturday night dose of Doctor Who. Also pretty good for listening to the test match, just a shame about the result
ooh could do that (whats vpn??) cos oh getting sent over from UK office"!!or can you do it to a Uk address - say parents??
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
ooh could do that (whats vpn??) cos oh getting sent over from UK office"!!or can you do it to a Uk address - say parents??
Would probably cost too much to parents or else require a fair amount of techy tinkering. However VPN into offices is pretty standard nowadays, it stands for Virtual Private Networking and is the main way people who work from home connect to their office networks. If your OH can connect to the network from home then he probably already has it and it will work from anywhere in the world.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 9:57 pm
half a century

ooh thanks - will bear that in mind when we eventually get there!

we currently watch iplayer on tv via the Wii at home!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
ooh thanks - will bear that in mind when we eventually get there!

we currently watch iplayer on tv via the Wii at home!
I wanted to do that, but unfortunately Wii does not (yet) have a VPN client so can not connect through that method. However I made do by connecting a spare laptop to my plasma and surround system and now download the iPlayer stuff to watch it in hi res with surround sound!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:02 pm
half a century

oooooh clever!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:06 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Solarfish
Only video is restricted to UK only.

All BBC radio is apparently available: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve_P

True for iPlayer but not for live broadcasts. Test match and other live sporting events are usually through radio 5 and that also has a UK only restriction.

Oops, I stand corrected it seems iPlayer does now stream 5 extra live, so it might work, I shall find out on Thursday. Obviously it is different to picking the (non-iPlayer) link from the main bbc sports pages which is how I've accessed it until now.

Last edited by Solarfish; Aug 5th 2008 at 10:16 pm.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_P

Terrific news, I don't really care about video, better pictures on radio
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

I joined UKNova which allows a certain number of new accounts each day - you can download UK only shows that are not due for DVD release. Managed to watch the whole series of Doctor Who and Torchwood! Didn't miss a single episode! Plus a few others too - fantastic. Just bought a replacement monitor cable that plugged from the hard drive to the tv and we can watch it on the bigger screen and not squint at the 17 inch pc monitor from 25 ft away.

Sorry to detract from the slanging match going on - but thought the op may be interested in how to get UK programs in Canada.

Last edited by Nicola N-A; Aug 6th 2008 at 12:49 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.