BAILEYS!!!!

Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BAILEYS!!!!

I live within sight of the Kokanee brewery, and it is cheaper to drive 10 mins down to the US border and buy their there than it is to buy it in town!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:18 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MrsLauder99
Ok my OH has intimated that I make take lots of abuse for this (I might enjoy it though!!). However, here goes:-

I was just wondering what a bottle of Baileys Irish Cream may happen to retail at in Canada and is it easy to purchase. I have a little of a dependancy to BIC (not really in a bad way.............honest!! I'm not an alcoholic, I just love Baileys).

I'm just working out finances and how much cash to put away for it

Thanks in advance and can you keep the Lauder Bashing to a minimum please or I may have to resort to..........well, drinking Baileys!!!!

Thanks guys.
Funny you should post your thread I am just having a little tad in my coffee. You can get it in any liquor store and yes it is most popular with my friends anyway. We usually take a flask of coffee when we ski or in the hot tub and just happen to spill half a bottle or so into the flask whilst making the coffee just to keep us warm if there is a slight windchill and plus you are unable to have alcohol in public so who sees us??!! One way to get through our great Canadian Winter
I believe around the same cost as the UK? Pick up some on your way in duty free
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:23 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inse
I live within sight of the Kokanee brewery, and it is cheaper to drive 10 mins down to the US border and buy their there than it is to buy it in town!
Why would you want to, though? Buy it, I mean.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by JLT
Funny you should post your thread I am just having a little tad in my coffee. You can get it in any liquor store and yes it is most popular with my friends anyway. We usually take a flask of coffee when we ski or in the hot tub and just happen to spill half a bottle or so into the flask whilst making the coffee just to keep us warm if there is a slight windchill and plus you are unable to have alcohol in public so who sees us??!! One way to get through our great Canadian Winter
It's a little early, isn't it?
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Inse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond reputeInse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Why would you want to, though? Buy it, I mean.
I don't.
I get a good supply of UK brands of beer fom the local store, including, sometimes, London Pride. Some of the other micro brewery stuff is good too.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:28 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

It's a little early, isn't it?
Hey don't be nasty now! I had an exam this morning of which did not go the greatest so I have a really good excuse don't you think? Plus it is 4.30pm over here in the UK! I really am trying to justify my action.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Inse
I don't.
I get a good supply of UK brands of beer fom the local store, including, sometimes, London Pride. Some of the other micro brewery stuff is good too.
I'd agree on the micro breweries. I went to a place in Gastown some years back that had the brewery in the pub. Can't remember the name. The ESB was pretty good, if rather cold.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by JLT
Hey don't be nasty now! I had an exam this morning of which did not go the greatest so I have a really good excuse don't you think? Plus it is 4.30pm over here in the UK! I really am trying to justify my action.
I was going by your stated location (the GTA). Eleven in the morning is a tad early to be hitting the Baileys.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:34 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

;
I was going by your stated location (the GTA). Eleven in the morning is a tad early to be hitting the Baileys.
Really!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 3:42 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know how the booze retail system works in Alberta but, if it's anything like it is in Ontario and Quebec, you may have to get used to not always being able to buy what you want. My local SAQ has not heard of Pimms and I have to go to Ottawa for Madeira. The supply of Pride is patchy.
The booze retail system in Alberta is a bit of a strange duck.

As far as I know the Government still acts as the the wholesaler but has contracted out the warehousing and distribution and completely privatized the retail end of things.

So what's available at one store may or may not be available at another as would be expected in any retail environment.

There does however appear to be more choice available than before privatization.
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:06 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Baileys no problem here in the outback - but try and get hold of a French Columbard Not on your nelly - this is going to require a trip to a city (came over all faint then saying that!)
Old Jul 4th 2008, 10:22 pm
Sloopy Dippinsprinkles

MrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really nice

Originally Posted by JLT
Sounds good to me!! Especially with the jacuzzi. Could definitely spend an hour or two in a worse way. In fact I will be, i'm going to do a carboot in the morning. Blah!!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:00 am
we aint goin' back,no way

loose moose will become famous soon enoughloose moose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MrsLauder99
...hubby doesn't really drink and won't be wanting - or getting - anything so it will be Baileys all the way.
Hi Mrs L - your OH doesn't drink!? I'm sure he and I have already arranged for a pint or two when you finally get here!! oops might have dropped him in it there
Old Jul 5th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by loose moose
Hi Mrs L - your OH doesn't drink!? I'm sure he and I have already arranged for a pint or two when you finally get here!! oops might have dropped him in it there
Hi

the key part is "really", I'm not an every weekend, falling over kinda guy but a few drinks with good company is always on the cards

Don't worry we're still on, and is not long now. We arrive in Calgary on 27th.

Cheers
Tom
Old Jul 5th 2008, 5:23 pm
we aint goin' back,no way

loose moose will become famous soon enoughloose moose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hi

the key part is "really", I'm not an every weekend, falling over kinda guy but a few drinks with good company is always on the cards

Don't worry we're still on, and is not long now. We arrive in Calgary on 27th.

Cheers
Tom
thats great news Tom, I'll PM my contact details to you

did you decide on which company you preferred? i know my employer is looking too if you're interested!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.