Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Bad British Reality TV Invades Canada

Bad British Reality TV Invades Canada

Old Mar 27th 2009, 6:08 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light
Default Bad British Reality TV Invades Canada

If you have been watching the excessive tv;episode due to being trapped in your home by the weather, you may have noticed 2 new shows on Showtime and Much Music. 1 is the British version of Wife Swap. If you are not familiar its where 2 families swap mums. 1 mum is usually a freak that spends 3/4 of her time house cleaning(I'm sorry but ironing your face clothes is a sign of some personality disorder.) and the other is a lazy slob. I have watched a few episodes but decided it was like small towns in Saskatchewan. If you have seen one then you have seen them all.
Then there is the Paris Hilton British BFF(text language for best friend forever). I watched about 15 minutes of that show but the stench of fake tanner and bad hair extensions was seeping through the screen and giving me a headache. If this is the great fashion sense that canadian women are missing out on then thats fine by me.
Whats next, am I going to have to put up with the cr@p 8 year old garage music that is still kicking around here?
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bad British Reality TV Invades Canada

Originally Posted by gingnut
If you have been watching the excessive tv;episode due to being trapped in your home by the weather, you may have noticed 2 new shows on Showtime and Much Music. 1 is the British version of Wife Swap. If you are not familiar its where 2 families swap mums. 1 mum is usually a freak that spends 3/4 of her time house cleaning(I'm sorry but ironing your face clothes is a sign of some personality disorder.) and the other is a lazy slob. I have watched a few episodes but decided it was like small towns in Saskatchewan. If you have seen one then you have seen them all.
Then there is the Paris Hilton British BFF(text language for best friend forever). I watched about 15 minutes of that show but the stench of fake tanner and bad hair extensions was seeping through the screen and giving me a headache. If this is the great fashion sense that canadian women are missing out on then thats fine by me.
Whats next, am I going to have to put up with the cr@p 8 year old garage music that is still kicking around here?
Love that avatar. Wife Swap UK is pretty awful. The North American version is just as bad but it doesn't seem to be on much these days.

I caught 5 minutes of Paris Hilton BFF a few nights ago...my daughter (12) thought it was awful so it must be pretty bad.

If you want truly awful, I could recommend any of the Real Housewives series. Most shows on Slice or TLC are pretty dreadful. Don't even get me started on Jon + Kate plus 8.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gingnut
must be in a much more up to date place than me!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

MR MOM will become famous soon enoughMR MOM will become famous soon enough

who cares about that stupid bloody woman and her kids....get your bloody fringe,sorry,bangs cut and quit bitching.........sorry had to vent.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

and what about the Duggars? 'Why do we have so many kids Michelle? oh thats what it does!! well praise the lord!!!'
and now we get 'Table for 12".What is the fascination about people with lots of kids?.......................................but seriously,not, how do they do it.money from the TV companies perhaps or am I cynical?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

I hate all that crap too BUT

I watched the episode with Edwina Curry and him off Channel 4 racing, the fat slobbby guy and it was friggin hilarious
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:41 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MR MOM
and what about the Duggars? 'Why do we have so many kids Michelle? oh thats what it does!! well praise the lord!!!'
and now we get 'Table for 12".What is the fascination about people with lots of kids?.......................................but seriously,not, how do they do it.money from the TV companies perhaps or am I cynical?
At least the kids in John & Kate Plus 8 are quite cute!!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
At least the kids in John & Kate Plus 8 are quite cute!!
The kids may be cute (however, they are terrified of their shrew of a mother and to me their speech is delayed), but the mother is a nightmare and a major diva. I cannot stand Take Gosselin.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MR MOM
who cares about that stupid bloody woman and her kids....get your bloody fringe,sorry,bangs cut and quit bitching.........sorry had to vent.
Are you referring to the Greedlins?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:02 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clynnog
The kids may be cute (however, they are terrified of their shrew of a mother and to me their speech is delayed), but the mother is a nightmare and a major diva. I cannot stand Take Gosselin.
I suppose to have 6 in one hit some may be impared some what -I only catch it occasionally so not seen all the ins and oots! Did see last one with Mother saying ooh yeas season 5 and the dad saying well actually I'm not that keen - that will be season 5 then!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:02 am
half a century

Originally Posted by clynnog
Are you referring to the Greedlins?
not seen that
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
not seen that
Sorry about that...it is my terms for the Gosselins who I feel are greedy and always begging for freebies...the product placement in the show is outrageous...that Allstate plug in a recent episode was cringeworthy.

What Kate wants Kate gets...who cares about the kids and how it effects them or if you husband has had enough.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Yes.........at last a kindred spirit.I wouldn't p**s on her if she was on fire. My wife hates me when it's on as I am virtually kicking the TV through the wall.
No wonder he is losing his her with her to contend with....the kids are great!!
Old Apr 11th 2009, 5:34 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Since fist coming to this forum I've seen numerous comments to the effect that TV content in Canada is crap. I've wondered what the difference was but now I know. Obviously from following, UK TV is far superior.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2372290.ece

Cannot wait until my next visit and return to Canada intellectually stimulated.