Wikiposts

Autumn To Do List

Old Oct 29th 2008, 4:24 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Autumn To Do List

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I know that feeling. My gloves were fine for wearing while shovelling snow the first two winters but last time my fingertips got really cold really quickly.

I bought some horrible fluorescent rubbery things the other day...hopefully they'll do the trick.

At least if my fingers drop off I should be able to see them - bright orange in the snow.
If you want to keep your fingers warm get some mitts.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 4:25 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
What he said.
x
Old Oct 29th 2008, 10:42 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
as mentioned , I don't drive
You'll find plenty of people out and about walking, shopping etc wearing sunnies as often the sky is cloudless and you get glare off the snow
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Could you be more specific? I thought that was just short for mittens.

As well as my thick gloves I had some - what I thought were nice protective - hard wearing 'working' gloves but they were no better.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 1:28 am

Could you be more specific? I thought that was just short for mittens.
That is exactly what I mean.

Down filled would be really good something like these.

Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

anyone know where I can buy some snow type trousers online please?

the sort that are windproof waterproof and with a thermal rating of minus 40 or whatever and stuffed like a duvet

need something to walk the muts in and struggling to find any here in the ulu
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by chumley
anyone know where I can buy some snow type trousers online please?

the sort that are windproof waterproof and with a thermal rating of minus 40 or whatever and stuffed like a duvet

need something to walk the muts in and struggling to find any here in the ulu
You could try here http://www.altrec.com/pants/insulate...max_display=40

Or just do a Google search for insulated pants.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 6:39 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

That is exactly what I mean.

Down filled would be really good something like these.

http://www.tlcwebs.co.uk/subzero/images/mitts6.jpg
Thanks.

Funnily enough that's pretty much what I set out to buy a week ago, but I decided the horrible rubbery things might be better. I wondered if rubber might be better between fingers and handle as it seemed holding the cold shovel might be the problem.

I'll find out soon enough and go back to plan A if needed.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

huge thanks steve
good site

i spent ages last night trying to buy some online but even when googling speciaifcally for canadian sites it still tends to bring up loads of US ones that dont ship to canada:curse:

i do like to online shop but seem to have probs with many items due to not shipping to canada
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:11 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.

Funnily enough that's pretty much what I set out to buy a week ago, but I decided the horrible rubbery things might be better. I wondered if rubber might be better between fingers and handle as it seemed holding the cold shovel might be the problem.

I'll find out soon enough and go back to plan A if needed.
You want something along the lines of my Ripzone ski mittens (I don't ski). Waterproof/windproof shell, elasticated wristbands and rubbery palms. They're great, although I tend to wear my Newfie wool trigger mittens if I intend being outside long enough to need a smoke/piss.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 6:14 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chumley
i do like to online shop but seem to have probs with many items due to not shipping to canada
If you can bring yourself to drive to Mark's Work Wearhouse, they have stuff like that.

I can't remember where you live. If you're in a city that has a Mountain Equipment Co-op, they're good for that sort of thing too. But Mark's is more widespread.
x