Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Winnipeg - good areas?

Anyone in Winnipeg - good areas?

Old Feb 11th 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

susanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant futuresusanmom has a brilliant future
Default Anyone in Winnipeg - good areas?

Hi all,

Originally we were waiting for LMO for my job offer from a Western Canadian Accounting firm......well after 15 weeks wait (about 2 weeks ago) they advised that they had received positive LMO, they had actually given the job they had offered to me to someone else, so sorry, thanks for playing!!!!

Luckily I had started to "smell a rat" with their lack of communication and replies to emails, and had applied for a job with one of the Big 4 in Winnipeg, and am now waiting for hard copy of my offer letter to be couriered this week. Should arrive on Wednesday. And they are offering me more money in Winnipeg than I was offered in Calgary which is a huge win with property prices.

Now am looking for information on what surrounding areas are good to live in with a young family. Am happy to commute up to half hour into Winnipeg. Son is 4, daughter is 3 and bump will be 3 months when we move. Hubbie works for McDonalds in UK, so hopes to work for them in Winnipeg area, so as long as there is a branch close by we are fine.

Thanks

Susan