Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anyone in SE Calgary wanna meet up for a glass of wine???

Anyone in SE Calgary wanna meet up for a glass of wine???

Old May 28th 2011, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawn is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone in SE Calgary wanna meet up for a glass of wine???

Hi all!
I haven't actually been on here since we moved to Calgary from Kent 21 months ago. The time has flown by and has been very hectic and surreal! We (hubby and I) have managed to make quite a few acquaintances through work but haven't found anyone that we could call proper friends. Everyone seems to already have their own social circles and we are also getting picky in our old age! If anyone else lives in the McKenzie Towne area and is finding themselves in the same boat then we should get together for a chat!
Cheers,
Dawn
Old May 29th 2011, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

andrewjohn is a jewel in the roughandrewjohn is a jewel in the roughandrewjohn is a jewel in the roughandrewjohn is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone in SE Calgary wanna meet up for a glass of wine???

Originally Posted by PaulandDawn
Hi all!
I haven't actually been on here since we moved to Calgary from Kent 21 months ago. The time has flown by and has been very hectic and surreal! We (hubby and I) have managed to make quite a few acquaintances through work but haven't found anyone that we could call proper friends. Everyone seems to already have their own social circles and we are also getting picky in our old age! If anyone else lives in the McKenzie Towne area and is finding themselves in the same boat then we should get together for a chat!
Cheers,
Dawn
Can we bring 4 kids along?
We are in prestwick circle......
Old May 29th 2011, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sure! The more the merrier!
Old May 29th 2011, 3:25 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Were you the couple from Sidcup staying with your folks before you came out? (We were from Orpington)

Flossie
Old May 30th 2011, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, that is us! You have a fantastic memory Flossie!
Old May 30th 2011, 4:12 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Hi all!
Cheers,
Dawn
I am in Copperfield.
There is a Brit meetup in the Kilt & Caber on Saturday evening if you want to come along.
Old May 30th 2011, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
I am in Copperfield.
There is a Brit meetup in the Kilt & Caber on Saturday evening if you want to come along.
I really wish I could make it but I already have plans for Saturday. Please let us know of any more gatherings as we would love to come!
Old May 31st 2011, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

I am up in the central NW, but would be happy to meet up, esp if it was downtown or anywhere with easy transport routes from where I am ie close to Deerfoot
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi there,
we have been here for 2 and a half yrs now and love it. We the Gibbons family live in Okotoks. My wife Tracey and two kids Emily 13 James 11. We are always looking for new people to meet up with. We have a good group of friends and are always welcome folks to the group. We have a few gathers here in Okotoks, so you'll be more than welcome to come along.
I actually work at the new hospital being built off the Deerfoot and have a few friends that live near you.

Cheers for now speak soon
Carl
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 3:33 am
Just Joined

BadFoot is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr BF and I are also in McKenzie Towne, and will have been here for 2 years on monday (can't quite believe how quickly the time has gone). So I might be tempted to meet at Brewsters for a glass of wine!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BadFoot
Mr BF and I are also in McKenzie Towne, and will have been here for 2 years on monday (can't quite believe how quickly the time has gone). So I might be tempted to meet at Brewsters for a glass of wine!
Happy 2nd Canniversary! We would love to help you celebrate!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi there,
we have been here for 2 and a half yrs now and love it. We the Gibbons family live in Okotoks. My wife Tracey and two kids Emily 13 James 11. We are always looking for new people to meet up with. We have a good group of friends and are always welcome folks to the group. We have a few gathers here in Okotoks, so you'll be more than welcome to come along.
I actually work at the new hospital being built off the Deerfoot and have a few friends that live near you.

Cheers for now speak soon
Carl
That would be awesome, Carl thanks! Please let us know when you are having your next get together and we will be sure to come down. We take our dog to the Okotoks dog park every day, it only takes 20 mins or so.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 5:10 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

That would be awesome, Carl thanks! Please let us know when you are having your next get together and we will be sure to come down. We take our dog to the Okotoks dog park every day, it only takes 20 mins or so.
Sorry, slightly off topic but what is the dog park in Okotoks like? We live in S Calgary and are always looking for different areas to walk our pup. Not too keen on some of the ones in Calgary as they are very close to busy highways and our dog is still pretty young so I'm a bit leery of taking him to them at the moment. I notice the one is Okotoks is fenced.

Thanks! J
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jingle
Sorry, slightly off topic but what is the dog park in Okotoks like? We live in S Calgary and are always looking for different areas to walk our pup. Not too keen on some of the ones in Calgary as they are very close to busy highways and our dog is still pretty young so I'm a bit leery of taking him to them at the moment. I notice the one is Okotoks is fenced.

Thanks! J
The dog park in Okotoks is the best one we have come across. It's big and clean and the dogs/people seem to be friendlier than those at the other ones we've been to (Mahogany/Southland). It would totally recommend it! It's completely closed in so your pup wouldn't be able to get out.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingle

Thanks! J
Try the unofficial one on 22x by Spruce Meadows. Very big and fenced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.