British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   Anyone in SE Calgary wanna meet up for a glass of wine??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/anyone-se-calgary-wanna-meet-up-glass-wine-718767/)

PaulandDawn May 28th 2011 10:14 pm

Anyone in SE Calgary wanna meet up for a glass of wine???

Hi all!
I haven't actually been on here since we moved to Calgary from Kent 21 months ago. The time has flown by and has been very hectic and surreal! We (hubby and I) have managed to make quite a few acquaintances through work but haven't found anyone that we could call proper friends. Everyone seems to already have their own social circles and we are also getting picky in our old age! If anyone else lives in the McKenzie Towne area and is finding themselves in the same boat then we should get together for a chat!
Cheers,
Dawn :rofl:

andrewjohn May 29th 2011 1:38 am

Re: Anyone in SE Calgary wanna meet up for a glass of wine???

Originally Posted by PaulandDawn (Post 9394311)
Hi all!
I haven't actually been on here since we moved to Calgary from Kent 21 months ago. The time has flown by and has been very hectic and surreal! We (hubby and I) have managed to make quite a few acquaintances through work but haven't found anyone that we could call proper friends. Everyone seems to already have their own social circles and we are also getting picky in our old age! If anyone else lives in the McKenzie Towne area and is finding themselves in the same boat then we should get together for a chat!
Cheers,

Can we bring 4 kids along?
We are in prestwick circle......:thumbup:

PaulandDawn May 29th 2011 2:21 pm

Sure! The more the merrier! :D

Flossie and Jim May 29th 2011 3:25 pm

Were you the couple from Sidcup staying with your folks before you came out? (We were from Orpington)

Flossie

PaulandDawn May 30th 2011 1:20 pm

Yes, that is us! You have a fantastic memory Flossie! :thumbup:

Steve&Tanya May 30th 2011 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandDawn (Post 9394311)
Hi all!
Cheers,

I am in Copperfield.
There is a Brit meetup in the Kilt & Caber on Saturday evening if you want to come along. :)

PaulandDawn May 30th 2011 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya (Post 9397654)
I am in Copperfield.
There is a Brit meetup in the Kilt & Caber on Saturday evening if you want to come along. :)

I really wish I could make it but I already have plans for Saturday. Please let us know of any more gatherings as we would love to come! :D

Chookie May 31st 2011 2:58 am

I am up in the central NW, but would be happy to meet up, esp if it was downtown or anywhere with easy transport routes from where I am ie close to Deerfoot

gibbos1 Jun 2nd 2011 2:58 am

Hi there,
we have been here for 2 and a half yrs now and love it. We the Gibbons family live in Okotoks. My wife Tracey and two kids Emily 13 James 11. We are always looking for new people to meet up with. We have a good group of friends and are always welcome folks to the group. We have a few gathers here in Okotoks, so you'll be more than welcome to come along.
I actually work at the new hospital being built off the Deerfoot and have a few friends that live near you.

Cheers for now speak soon
Carl:thumbup:

BadFoot Jun 2nd 2011 3:33 am

Mr BF and I are also in McKenzie Towne, and will have been here for 2 years on monday (can't quite believe how quickly the time has gone). So I might be tempted to meet at Brewsters for a glass of wine!

PaulandDawn Jun 2nd 2011 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by BadFoot (Post 9404247)
Mr BF and I are also in McKenzie Towne, and will have been here for 2 years on monday (can't quite believe how quickly the time has gone). So I might be tempted to meet at Brewsters for a glass of wine!

Happy 2nd Canniversary! We would love to help you celebrate!!! :thumbsup:

PaulandDawn Jun 2nd 2011 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by gibbos1 (Post 9404194)
Hi there,
we have been here for 2 and a half yrs now and love it. We the Gibbons family live in Okotoks. My wife Tracey and two kids Emily 13 James 11. We are always looking for new people to meet up with. We have a good group of friends and are always welcome folks to the group. We have a few gathers here in Okotoks, so you'll be more than welcome to come along.
I actually work at the new hospital being built off the Deerfoot and have a few friends that live near you.

Cheers for now speak soon
Carl:thumbup:

That would be awesome, Carl thanks! Please let us know when you are having your next get together and we will be sure to come down. We take our dog to the Okotoks dog park every day, it only takes 20 mins or so. :rofl:

Jingle Jun 3rd 2011 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandDawn (Post 9405162)
That would be awesome, Carl thanks! Please let us know when you are having your next get together and we will be sure to come down. We take our dog to the Okotoks dog park every day, it only takes 20 mins or so. :rofl:

Sorry, slightly off topic but what is the dog park in Okotoks like? We live in S Calgary and are always looking for different areas to walk our pup. Not too keen on some of the ones in Calgary as they are very close to busy highways and our dog is still pretty young so I'm a bit leery of taking him to them at the moment. I notice the one is Okotoks is fenced.

Thanks! J :)

PaulandDawn Jun 5th 2011 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 9408132)
Sorry, slightly off topic but what is the dog park in Okotoks like? We live in S Calgary and are always looking for different areas to walk our pup. Not too keen on some of the ones in Calgary as they are very close to busy highways and our dog is still pretty young so I'm a bit leery of taking him to them at the moment. I notice the one is Okotoks is fenced.

The dog park in Okotoks is the best one we have come across. It's big and clean and the dogs/people seem to be friendlier than those at the other ones we've been to (Mahogany/Southland). It would totally recommend it! It's completely closed in so your pup wouldn't be able to get out.

Almost Canadian Jun 5th 2011 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 9408132)

Try the unofficial one on 22x by Spruce Meadows. Very big and fenced.