Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anyone have the courage to say how sick and tired they are with the people on here??

Anyone have the courage to say how sick and tired they are with the people on here??

Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone have the courage to say how sick and tired they are with the people on her

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I get fed up with the same old 'where can I get a cheap flight' and the driving licence questions, a simple search using the simple search function and most of those questions are answered.
I see nothing wrong with these questions, considering the recent changes in driving license rules and the ever changing situation regarding flights.

In response to the original post, I would say firstly, it's a forum full of british people, so you're certainly not going to get molly coddled here, and secondly if you don't like it, then leave it.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone have the courage to say how sick and tired they are with the people on her

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
Nice to see you are still posting. Takes me back
Oh, those days of getting into trouble talking about pussy cats, and the creation of the Maple Leaf
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:54 pm
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
I get fed up with the same old 'where can I get a cheap flight' and the driving licence questions, a simple search using the simple search function and most of those questions are answered.
Yea? just type in cheap flight or driving licence, amd see what rubbish the search function is and what rubbish it brings up.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond reputeTuppence has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flipance
Yea? just type in cheap flight or driving licence, amd see what rubbish the search function is and what rubbish it brings up.
I've had this problem before, but the best way to handle it is to post and say "I've tried a search and all I get is crap, help please". That usually works a treat.

Perfect example of going with the flow to chill out "The Clique" (yes you MooChops!!) shown here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675209

Last edited by Tuppence; Jul 5th 2010 at 7:02 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:59 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flipance
You may want to try the advanced search function and you can then be more precise about your search. One also has to be precise about the spelling, otherwise you may end up with nothing.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:05 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
You may want to try the advanced search function and you can then be more precise about your search. One also has to be precise about the spelling, otherwise you may end up with nothing.
Worth looking specifically in the Wiki area too, as there are specific articles there on many frequently asked topics...

Does the "Read me" post at the top of the forum (that no one ever seems to read) not say much the same thing?

Last edited by iaink; Jul 5th 2010 at 7:30 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:12 pm
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MoonIce
The usual clique of people I see of whom, I am referring to. Ahh, does the truth hurt. Is it hitting that spot. I do not apologise. Narcissists never can take it - seen enough of them to know.
I think of them as arsecissists, they can take it.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MoonIce
Hey people,

I'm also tired of people going off the subject of the thread and having 'conversations', and back and forth comments with others, which have no connection to the original question. Why can't you PM each other and keep your useless chit chat where it belongs.

:
I actually quite like the useless chit-chat... It makes me read threads I otherwise wouldn't bother with
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:30 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

If you're sick and tired of the people on her you should ask them to leave her alone. This helpful YouTube video should give you an idea how it's done.

Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:03 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuppence
I've had this problem before, but the best way to handle it is to post and say "I've tried a search and all I get is crap, help please". That usually works a treat.

Perfect example of going with the flow to chill out "The Clique" (yes you MooChops!!) shown here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675209
Or alternatively "I've tried a posting and all I get is crap, please post the link to the wiki"
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tuppence
Oh, those days of getting into trouble talking about pussy cats, and the creation of the Maple Leaf
And don't forget that other animal, the name escapes me but hangs around waterways causing problems with trees. I like to think in some small way we contributed to the creation of the maple leaf!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:06 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sick and tired of the people on here.

There we are. I feel better already been trying to get that of my chest for a while now.........

I really am sick and tired of you.......

So good..........breathe in.......breathe out............
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:07 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Or alternatively "I've tried a posting and all I get is crap, please post the link to the wiki"
Excellent, I may have to add that to the sticky (that no one reads)
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:10 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
And don't forget that other animal, the name escapes me but hangs around waterways causing problems with trees. I like to think in some small way we contributed to the creation of the maple leaf!!
That particular aquatic rodent in no small way contibuted to the creation of this once great nation we call Canada too.

Did I mention there is some video in my gallery here of my neighb....Oh, never mind, probably not the time or place

Last edited by iaink; Jul 5th 2010 at 8:12 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
That particular aquatic rodent in no small way contibuted to the creation of this once great nation we call Canada too.

Did I mention there is some video in my gallery here of my neighb....Oh, never mind, probably not the time or place
Checked out the video..............what can I say.............nice otter......it is an otter isn't it??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.